The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi fastlane!

Mike O’Dell

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 1, 2019
@MJ DeMarco thank you so much for writing the Millionaire Fastlane ! I always knew something was wrong with the traditional message about money. Every time I felt, “I made it!”, reality kicked in and put me back in the slow lane. I became an RN in the ‘90s, then a CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist) in 2012 following slowlane advice to boost my wages to a six-figure income. Racked with student debt, I came up with a solution - borrow money and become a landlord, use rent money to pay back real estate debt AND the student loans. It’s working, so I wrote a book about it. Landlording was the first feeling I had of fastlane possibilities (the rush is amazing!). Then self publishing a book put that sensation into overdrive. But it fizzled. I realized halfway through your book why mine just putters along. The title, Landlord Away Your Student Loan Debt, is a little clunky, but it explains my solution succinctly. However, sales are not what I’d hoped because of BARRIERS TO ENTRY. I never had a problem borrowing money for something I was passionate about. I didn’t see the obstacles of repairing homes, finding tenants, dealing with evictions, pest control, and all the other “work” of being a landlord as a put off. It often perplexed me how often people would say, “Man, I should do that.” I would encourage them, hell, I offered them every resource at my disposal... but no one ever committed. Normal people don’t want to do this stuff, just make excuses. I’ve had a couple minor hits, and I make a lot more money than most others stuck in the slow lane (just found out about a $30,000/year raise today...meh). But it’s not enough. I’m going to keep trying. My eyes are open! Your book really put a bunch of concepts that I’ve seen fragments of together. Again, thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...