The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Hi fastlane!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Mike O’Dell

New Contributor
May 1, 2019
@MJDEMARCO thank you so much for writing the Millionaire Fastlane! I always knew something was wrong with the traditional message about money. Every time I felt, “I made it!”, reality kicked in and put me back in the slow lane. I became an RN in the ‘90s, then a CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist) in 2012 following slowlane advice to boost my wages to a six-figure income. Racked with student debt, I came up with a solution - borrow money and become a landlord, use rent money to pay back real estate debt AND the student loans. It’s working, so I wrote a book about it. Landlording was the first feeling I had of fastlane possibilities (the rush is amazing!). Then self publishing a book put that sensation into overdrive. But it fizzled. I realized halfway through your book why mine just putters along. The title, Landlord Away Your Student Loan Debt, is a little clunky, but it explains my solution succinctly. However, sales are not what I’d hoped because of BARRIERS TO ENTRY. I never had a problem borrowing money for something I was passionate about. I didn’t see the obstacles of repairing homes, finding tenants, dealing with evictions, pest control, and all the other “work” of being a landlord as a put off. It often perplexed me how often people would say, “Man, I should do that.” I would encourage them, hell, I offered them every resource at my disposal... but no one ever committed. Normal people don’t want to do this stuff, just make excuses. I’ve had a couple minor hits, and I make a lot more money than most others stuck in the slow lane (just found out about a $30,000/year raise today...meh). But it’s not enough. I’m going to keep trying. My eyes are open! Your book really put a bunch of concepts that I’ve seen fragments of together. Again, thank you!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
We're going to be starting soon, in 1 hour! Everyone else who wants to join us for the ride...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
@Fox It's same with me Did both quiz and application but as yet no automatic confirmation, just...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I have a long weekend off work.. bought your "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom