The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi All - Stephen Davies From Shropshire In The UK.

Stephen Davies

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 19, 2011
Hi, I am Stephen Davies, 53, married with two children, and living in Shropshire in the UK.

I have worked for the same company for the past 38 years. The market sector (newspapers) is contracting year on year, and the future looks bleak. The company I work for is going through it's fourth round of redundancies in six or seven years.

I've always know that working for someone else and trading time for money is not for me. I have had tried numerous small part-time ventures over the years, but the fact that I'm still an employee indicates my lack of success in this area. But I'm not giving up.

One of my FaceBook IM friends recommended The Millionaire Fastlane , and I asked my eldest son to buy it for me for Father's Day, which is today in the UK. I have literally started reading it today.

At 53 I have a lot of catching up to do, but I'm up for it, and I'm going to get stuck into the book.

I look forward to taking an active part in this forum.

Best Wishes, Steve.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Welcome to the fastlane Steve. I wish you well on your ventures.

John C.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 5, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Steve,

The newspaper business is certainly on the endangered species list ... so today is a good a day as there is to start planning an escape route.

Instead of just reading the book, can I suggest that you study it. Take some notes. Use a highlighter and/or underline the important parts. Then develop a plan and take action on the plan. It is not necessary to bet the farm on your new venture ... some of the best advice you will ever get is to "test, test and test" - everything in business is a test. The other bit of advice is fail fast. You cannot and will not do everything right from the start. Don't be afraid to fail fast when it is not too expensive.

The best path to success is get clear about what you want, have a strong reason why, take action, measure results and make adjustments.

Good luck.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Stephen,

The fact that you're turning a new page, at age 53, speaks volumes about your courage and drive.

Welcome to the Fastlane. I wish you well.:eusa_clap:

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Welcome Steve,

The book is really fantastic and the forum is cool and friendly so I think you'll like it all.

Best wishes.

Jon123456

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jun 20, 2011
Hi Steve, fail forwards. I've made loads of mistakes and hope that puts me closer to where I want to be. Failure is a great teacher.

As someone who has read loads of these types of books, I can assure you The Millionaire Fastlane is a top 5 choice.

Stephen Davies

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 19, 2011
Thanks for the welcome Sparlin, Runum, John C., Chitown, FastNAwesome, and Jon.

I'm a bit quiet on the forum at the moment as I'm trying to get stuck into the book - if only life wouldn't get in the way so much.

Best Wishes, Steve.

Stephen Davies

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 19, 2011
Hi Chitown,

The fact that you're turning a new page, at age 53, speaks volumes about your courage and drive.

Thanks for that, however it also speaks volumes about the fact that I sold myself short and settled for the Slow Lane for so long.

Steve.

Stephen Davies

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 19, 2011
Hi John,

The newspaper business is certainly on the endangered species list ... so today is a good a day as there is to start planning an escape route.

In the UK there were so many redundancies announced last week across a range of newspapers that some were calling it Black Friday. Not good times at all.

Steve.

Jon123456

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jun 20, 2011
My recommended other 4 reads are:

1. The Emyth Revisited - all about systematising what you do
2. Unlimited Power - a fairly dated book but it gave me a real motivational spurt!
3. Think and Grow Rich - a well known classic
4. Magic Words That Bring You Riches - about copywriting and some general business advice

There are many other books that I have read and loved but you can't go wrong with the above 4. You might also like to check out Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion.

Enjoy!

Momentum

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 21, 2011
Nashville, TN
Welcome to the Community, Steve!

It's great to hear that you've decided to pull into the fastlane. I wish you luck and persistence!

John C.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 5, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Steve,

Life has this nasty habit of always getting in the way. The only way to read this or any other book is to schedule time. A few years back I developed the habit of reading while riding my exercise bike half hour first thing each morning. Now I read between 50 and 60 books a year.

If you don't block out the time for the important tasks in your life, the urgent things will rule your life.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Stephen! Hope you get through the book as well as find that escape hatch from the newspaper biz ... definitely a dying industry!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...