The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi Again (12 years since I signed up)

GDevDir

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Nov 9, 2011
UK
This a slightly unusual post; however, I feel it necessary to post a new introduction as the reality is that I'm a different person than I was when I first read The Fast Lane and joined this community twelve years ago.

My name is (still) Chris, and I run a game development studio.

A Quick Recap:
Over the past decade, I have been educating myself on topics with a common thread of business development and wealth.
After my first go-it-alone endeavor, I learned the importance of leveraging other people's skills and experience. Now, with the help of advisors, I formed a team and put together raise materials that closed an oversubscribed pre-seed investment round late last year.

We're now 6 months in on full-time development, and while there have been some challenges, things are going very smoothly. However, the real test will come over the next two years as we scale the studio and release our first product. We're now in the final stages of preparing materials for our seed raise, which will secure funding for the full development and release of our product.

So, Why am I back? Well, I don't feel I have much time or value to offer here, and my posting to socials and forums is inconsistent at best. But, the reason I'm here is that I find myself with lots of time at the weekends and evenings, time that was previously spoken for to get this endeavor off of the ground over the past three years, so, I thought it would be nice to check in with the forum that started my journey from wage earner to wage provider.

It's nice to see the forum is still alive, and MJ's books continue to be well received. Another thing that has stood out to me over the past few years is the importance of surrounding yourself with like-minded people; unfortunately, I don't have that luxury IRL, so while I get this from our investors, advisors, and various creators on YouTube, I hope also to see it here and look forward to stopping in more frequently.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...