The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey I'm a 19 year old starting a brand new business!

Marketing, social media, advertising

StevenJerez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Sep 18, 2019
Me and my friend are really close to opening our e-commerce store and we are planning to start doing some ads on social media platforms trying to get some people to view our page to see what we need to improve on. Since I have no experience in this I would like to ask if their is any helpful tips I could use to introduce myself to influencers so they could negotiate with me even though I don't have a brand built yet or any followers. Also, can I get any advice in creating some ads on facebook, snapchat, tik Tok, etc. I am trying to build a brand based on fitness products so any advice can be helpful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Oct 4, 2019
Since I have no experience in this I would like to ask if there are any helpful tips I could use to introduce myself to influencers so they could negotiate with me even though I don't have a brand built yet or any followers.
Simple. You're not out to find an influencer that you don't already have a relationship with. Start commenting on some of your prospect's videos and build a relationship with them. ADD VALUE. Then & only then can you ask if they'd like to partner up with your brand in exchange for a split of the profits.

If you're in this because you think you can just tell someone to promote your product and then rake in the $$, you're bound to fail without a doubt. You can whore yourself out to 50 different brands but that won't serve you in the long run. Find a few people in your specific niche and start making friends while putting out your own content that adds value. Brand development is a simple thing but a tedious thing that takes time (aka it's simple but not easy).

edit: also take what anyone (that includes me) says with a grain of salt. It's YOUR business so you should treat it as such.

StevenJerez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Sep 18, 2019
Simple. You're not out to find an influencer that you don't already have a relationship with. Start commenting on some of your prospect's videos and build a relationship with them. ADD VALUE. Then & only then can you ask if they'd like to partner up with your brand in exchange for a split of the profits.

If you're in this because you think you can just tell someone to promote your product and then rake in the $$, you're bound to fail without a doubt. You can whore yourself out to 50 different brands but that won't serve you in the long run. Find a few people in your specific niche and start making friends while putting out your own content that adds value. Brand development is a simple thing but a tedious thing that takes time (aka it's simple but not easy).

edit: also take what anyone (that includes me) says with a grain of salt. It's YOUR business so you should treat it as such.
So what you're basically telling me is to follow people on social media that you know you can make relationships with and collaborate on projects or your business to make money together?

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Oct 4, 2019
So what you're basically telling me is to follow people on social media that you know you can make relationships with and collaborate on projects or your business to make money together?
Precisely. Don't just go for the close in your first interaction. You want to seduce them a bit before you ask for their participation in your project. As GaryVee says "Jab, jab, jab, RIGHT HOOK!"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Louisv

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Oct 15, 2019
If you go with influencers, be highly careful about checking their followers.

Every time we deal with influencers for my clients, a considerable number of the accounts don't usually pass the 90% test - meaning they have more than 10% of botted followers.

Just search online for any tool that lets you check followers on Instagram and cut any suspicious accounts.

Also, check for comments, they're the most important indicator - more comments, more engaged followers.

Good luck @StevenJerez !

StevenJerez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Sep 18, 2019
If you go with influencers, be highly careful about checking their followers.

Every time we deal with influencers for my clients, a considerable number of the accounts don't usually pass the 90% test - meaning they have more than 10% of botted followers.

Just search online for any tool that lets you check followers on Instagram and cut any suspicious accounts.

Also, check for comments, they're the most important indicator - more comments, more engaged followers.

Good luck @StevenJerez !
Engagement is more important than follower count. Got It!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.