The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

18 year old starting his way to financial luxury

Ruak

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 27, 2017
EU
Hey, I've been scouting the FLF for a couple weeks. I guess it's time for an introduction post.

So I've been interested in investing and financial freedom for some time (about 2 years). My first book was Rich dad, poor dad - which got me hooked. I have not yet read MJ DeMarcos books, but I'm going to order them in 2 weeks time.

I wanted to achieve financial freedom so bad. Which made me read all about the slowlane - investing(atleast I think it is slowlane - don't kill me if you think otherwise). Thank god that I found this forum and do not have to F*ck around for 40 years. But now I'm striving for financial luxury, having so much money, that even my grandchildren can live free.

A couple days ago I stumbled upon Sinisterlex's thread about Upwork. And today I got my first job. This means I can start building some expertise, grow skillwise and as a person - I will deliver value and get rich in one way or another while enjoying the process.

To top this little rant about myself - Thanks to everybody contributing to this forum and giving value.

Get to hustlin'

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on taking immediate action and getting a job on Upwork. You should watch some of SinisterLex's videos on youtube if you already haven't. They are a great way to learn more about moving onto the higher paid clients through the Upwork platform. The objective of your first job now should be to over deliver and get a 5 star positive review from the client as this will help you land even more jobs!

D

Deleted49964

investing(atleast I think it is slowlane - don't kill me if you think otherwise)

You'll find that, in the Fastlane system, investing as a means to grow your wealth is considered slowlane.

I wish you strength and discipline to pursue your dreams!

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Welcome to the forum! I think you will find yourself quite at home here--and also a few differences between Robert Kiyosaki and MJ DeMarco. This is ok, though! You should read from many different perspectives.

Ruak

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 27, 2017
EU
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on taking immediate action and getting a job on Upwork. You should watch some of SinisterLex's videos on youtube if you already haven't. They are a great way to learn more about moving onto the higher paid clients through the Upwork platform. The objective of your first job now should be to over deliver and get a 5 star positive review from the client as this will help you land even more jobs!

Thanks, I've already watched a couple, but I'll make sure to get the value he has put out there. I plan to get about 5-10 jobs to get a hang of things while increasing my profits. Goal for the end of the month is to have a great porfolio and be able to have impressive proposals.

You'll find that, in the Fastlane system, investing as a means to grow your wealth is considered slowlane.

I wish you strength and discipline to pursue your dreams!

Then I wasn't wrong, I guess hehe. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum! I think you will find yourself quite at home here--and also a few differences between Robert Kiyosaki and MJ DeMarco. This is ok, though! You should read from many different perspectives.

Thank you, I already feel like at home and ready to soak in all the great information here. And I do not limit myself to certain authors. I've read and will read different kind of writing styles and perspectives. Glad to be here!

Welcome man! Can't stop, won't stop!

Heyyaa!

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Welcome Kaur! 18 years old is a good age to start, just out of curiosity which skills would you like to develop in the next few years? And are you thinking of staying in Estonia?

Inuc

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jul 14, 2014
Nigeria
I am very happy for you because you already know what you want and how to go about it(which most people are not opportune to find out early in life.)

Freelance is good(made my first $1k with it), but don't forget to always plan to leverage on it for bigger opportunity.

VincentStrength

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 21, 2016
Welcome!

What job did you apply for on UpWork? I'm also looking to freelance and fund my real business but I don't have any skills yet.

Inuc

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jul 14, 2014
Nigeria
First what is your business about? Funny enough you may already have a skill but don't know
Welcome!

What job did you apply for on UpWork? I'm also looking to freelance and fund my real business but I don't have any skills yet.

VincentStrength

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 21, 2016
First what is your business about? Funny enough you may already have a skill but don't know
I don't have a business yet, I want to make freelancing my business first and then move on to another business which is more fastlane oriented.

Ruak

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 27, 2017
EU
Welcome Kaur! 18 years old is a good age to start, just out of curiosity which skills would you like to develop in the next few years? And are you thinking of staying in Estonia?

In the next few years I'd want to have very good copywriting skills, improved graphical design abilities. Also running and managing a business is definately what I'm striving for. SM, social skills, improved risk-taking etc. I do not yet know if I want to stay in Estonia, I probably will, because it is really easy to start and manage a business here and the tax system is very simple. Too early to tell.

I am very happy for you because you already know what you want and how to go about it(which most people are not opportune to find out early in life.)

Freelance is good(made my first $1k with it), but don't forget to always plan to leverage on it for bigger opportunity.

I already got this kind of mentality and mindset when I was 16.
What do you mean by leverage?

Welcome!

I usually go for Graphical design, making logos and such, as I have a fair amount of experience in that field. But I got a job to write an article. The regular copywriting jobs didn't seem to hire me. So I had to figure out how to get my first reviews to get the ball rolling. I started proposing to people from my own country - so that way I had something better than other participants, a mutual language.

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
Hey, I've been scouting the FLF for a couple weeks. I guess it's time for an introduction post.

So I've been interested in investing and financial freedom for some time (about 2 years). My first book was Rich dad, poor dad - which got me hooked. I have not yet read MJ DeMarcos books, but I'm going to order them in 2 weeks time.

I wanted to achieve financial freedom so bad. Which made me read all about the slowlane - investing(atleast I think it is slowlane - don't kill me if you think otherwise). Thank god that I found this forum and do not have to F*ck around for 40 years. But now I'm striving for financial luxury, having so much money, that even my grandchildren can live free.

A couple days ago I stumbled upon Sinisterlex's thread about Upwork. And today I got my first job. This means I can start building some expertise, grow skillwise and as a person - I will deliver value and get rich in one way or another while enjoying the process.

To top this little rant about myself - Thanks to everybody contributing to this forum and giving value.

Get to hustlin'

first of all i want to congratulate you on starting in your teens, im 23 now so not to long ago but when i was a teenager all i saw was teens working for minimum wage at a fast food joint so congrats on over coming that hurdle, now as to your profile pic sweety food is not that important if you love to eat you'll get to fat to have success/ energy please eat more healthy

Ruak

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 27, 2017
EU
first of all i want to congratulate you on starting in your teens, im 23 now so not to long ago but when i was a teenager all i saw was teens working for minimum wage at a fast food joint so congrats on over coming that hurdle, now as to your profile pic sweety food is not that important if you love to eat you'll get to fat to have success/ energy please eat more healthy

Oh, do not worry about the unhealthy diet or lack of training. I go to the gym 5 times a week and eat healthy, if you want to see my progress feel free to give me a pm.

baljitlewis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 15, 2017
Edmonton

Get to hustlin'
How'd you get approved on upwork? I am having issues with that. I thought in the meantime I would write articles on medium to build up a portfolio and then re-apply as a blog/article writer to get my foot in the door

Ruak

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 27, 2017
EU
How'd you get approved on upwork? I am having issues with that. I thought in the meantime I would write articles on medium to build up a portfolio and then re-apply as a blog/article writer to get my foot in the door

Just look up a couple posts. I wrote about Sinisterlex YouTube videos (all you need to get started tbh) and some techniques I used myself.

Anyway, a couple hours ago I landed a long term job with low pay. I will keep the job as long as he will increase the hourly pay in the near future. I am just starting off - I will want higher pay when I have a reputable profile.

Inuc

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jul 14, 2014
Nigeria
"What do you mean by leverage?"

I mean a scenario whereby you keep building on your success and not to relent

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Just look up a couple posts. I wrote about Sinisterlex YouTube videos (all you need to get started tbh) and some techniques I used myself.

Anyway, a couple hours ago I landed a long term job with low pay. I will keep the job as long as he will increase the hourly pay in the near future. I am just starting off - I will want higher pay when I have a reputable profile.

Be careful. This type of job can quickly turn into a nightmare and a trap. You'll get new clients quickly at much higher rates and the previous long-term contract won't catch up to this new income level. It can lead to a messy exit if you have previously committed to a certain time working with them but it becomes uneconomical.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...