The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Hey! I am Kairan and I want to change the educational system

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Kairan03

New Contributor
Jan 10, 2018
Sofia,Bulgaria
Hello! :) I am Kairan and I am currently a student. I've noticed that a lot of people from all around the world talk about how the educational system is broken. And I notice that it is broken myself! The things is,people always say that they can't change the educational system. I want to prove them wrong and to create a different educational system. :)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Glad to have you here. Capitalism and business can be big engines to drive change.

Curious to see what you can do.

Brethawy

New Contributor
Jul 31, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Welcome to the forum!
Please do implement change in the schooling system, it is definitely needed. Too much debt for college students and the fact that you don't get to chose a path until you go to college is asinine.

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 9, 2016
Specifically in regards to elementary through high school. The educational system is definitely broken and needs to be reformed.

I bounced around many schools growing up. I've been at schools where students do not even have access to TI calculators for math. They are pretty much told to find a way to get expensive calculators that they cannot afford, or they are shit out of luck.

I've also been to wealthier schools that give students calculators and also allow them to rent out Ipads from the library while they go to school.

In regards to pre-college educational systems. One REALLY big issue I have with them, is how they segregate minorities and poor people out of the school system.

When I was in the poorer school systems, the school population was 99% black and hispanic. I was literally one of like 3 white kids in the entire school.

It is a well documented fact that schools have historically drawn school lines in such a way that segregates poor and minority populations because wealthier populations do not want their kids to go to school with them. When wealthier populations have been forced to go to school with poorer populations, they have usually pulled their kids out of the school system and enrolled them in private school, or moved out of the school zone.

It has also been shown that when you put these poverty stricken communities in school with wealthier individuals, overall scores and funding increase.

At the end of the day, I think it all comes back to money. I think any substantial change would have to involve taking a look at how school systems are funded. All children should have access to the same quality funding, resources, and educators.

I'm interested to see what your plans are for improving the current situation.

Eden H

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 19, 2017
Israel
Recently finished the bio of Steve Jobs; through the end there was this part of how Jobs and Bill Gates talked about reforming the educational system through tech. (Recommended, it has some intriguing points about the matter, though only 2% of the book)

...ebooks are making there way...that's nice. Not enough.

Anyway, educational revolution is long overdue.

I am looking forward for your insights and actions.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
@Fox It's same with me Did both quiz and application but as yet no automatic confirmation, just...
MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
freelance is cool. but to own a business is like freedom. A newsletter I'm subscribed to gave...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I have a long weekend off work.. bought your "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...