The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey Everyone! Troll Turned Member

Dan Da Man

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 20, 2012
San Diego
Hey.

So I have been trolling around for awhile and realized there are a lot of cool entrepreneur minded people here and figured I would chime in.

Who I am?
Well, I am not a complete successful entrepreneur but I do support myself. I guess that counts but I am the kinda intense person who will go for everything and won't quit till he gets everything.

My journey started about two years ago with a failed online swimwear company Retro Swimwear: Retro Vintage Bathing Suits). I then moved on to another few e-commerce stores which I learned so much about selling physical products online and I learned HUGE amounts of SEO skills. I would say I am an expert in SEO. I belong to blackhatworld.com and I am a reputable member over their.

I realized in two years that business partners have to be chosen for the right reasons. I had two business partners and they were friends. DO NOT go into business with a friend.

As of now I have a business partner in Pakistan, how crazy huh? But we work amazing together because we both need each other to strive.

As of now, I am running a bunch of e commerce stores and I own two SEO companies. I have been living at my mom's house for about a year and saved up enough money to move out.

I have failed so many times and lost so much money and the first time I realized I would be successful was when I realized that I had just much excitement, energy, passion and persistence as when I started two years ago.

Anyways, hope to bring some SEO tips to the forum and since I kind of let go of old friends (9-5ers who tried to bring me down) I would love to talk to others who have that same entrepreneur passion.

I believe that everyone has a purpose in life, some just never find it. Be lucky you have!

Thanks guys!

Dan

P.S. sorry for the ramble, i didnt know what else to say haha

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Welcome to the forum.

Would you say if you have ZERO knowledge and ZERO desire to learn SEO you are better off paying to advertise on Google, or to hire an SEO person?

I don't know why but I REALLY can not get myself to even start to learn SEO other than spending a few minutes reading about it and then I am ready to nod off. Perhaps it is the fact that it is such a crap shoot in my mind.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW I built a multimillion dollar company selling on line doing zero SEO, and zero paid advertising, only posting on relevant forums. But the new business I am starting there are not too many exact match forums for me to post on, hence my interest in either SEO or paid Google advertising.

Dan Da Man

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 20, 2012
San Diego
Welcome to the forum.

Would you say if you have ZERO knowledge and ZERO desire to learn SEO you are better off paying to advertise on Google, or to hire an SEO person?

I don't know why but I REALLY can not get myself to even start to learn SEO other than spending a few minutes reading about it and then I am ready to nod off. Perhaps it is the fact that it is such a crap shoot in my mind.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW I built a multimillion dollar company selling on line doing zero SEO, and zero paid advertising, only posting on relevant forums. But the new business I am starting there are not too many exact match forums for me to post on, hence my interest in either SEO or paid Google advertising.

Thanks everyone for the nice hello everyone.

Patrick, I know how you feel. Trust me, I started SEO with very bad computer skills and a lot of that made me not want to learn SEO at all. After all, it is very tedious, time consuming and boring. Paid per click advertising is a great way to get traffic but be willing to shed a lot of money in the beginning on creating a good quality score and getting a feel for how the system works.

I love SEO for traffic purposes because you can see the exact ROI and once you learn how to do it, you can literally roll it over to all your sites. As you said, forums are a great way but obviously some products and services there are not many forums where you can target.

SEO is a lot more cost effective then PPC in my opinion. The thing about SEO is there is so much garbage on the net and the Warrior Forum where many people start, is just regurgitated nonsense created to sell people who nothing about SEO.

Learn the basics first. I remember my first time I paid some "guru" lady. She charged me about $5 gs to optimize my title tags and submit my site to google. At the time I thought that was normal. Let's just say she ripped me off by about $4,999!

Anyways Patrick, let me know if you have any more specific questions and I could get you on the right foot. Its so less complicated then many people think. Once you learn the basics you'lle be fine. I would say learn it first before you start shelling out money as many SEOs out there are strait scams.

Since I have been "lurking" not trolling lol, I even noticed some people doing SEO here and its funnny how much misinformation there is even in this forum.

Dan

Stridone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jan 13, 2012

Patrick, I know how you feel. Trust me, I started SEO with very bad computer skills and a lot of that made me not want to learn SEO at all. After all, it is very tedious, time consuming and boring. Paid per click advertising is a great way to get traffic but be willing to shed a lot of money in the beginning on creating a good quality score and getting a feel for how the system works.

I love SEO for traffic purposes because you can see the exact ROI and once you learn how to do it, you can literally roll it over to all your sites. As you said, forums are a great way but obviously some products and services there are not many forums where you can target.

SEO is a lot more cost effective then PPC in my opinion. The thing about SEO is there is so much garbage on the net and the Warrior Forum where many people start, is just regurgitated nonsense created to sell people who nothing about SEO.

Learn the basics first. I remember my first time I paid some "guru" lady. She charged me about $5 gs to optimize my title tags and submit my site to google. At the time I thought that was normal. Let's just say she ripped me off by about $4,999!

Anyways Patrick, let me know if you have any more specific questions and I could get you on the right foot. Its so less complicated then many people think. Once you learn the basics you'lle be fine. I would say learn it first before you start shelling out money as many SEOs out there are strait scams.

Since I have been "lurking" not trolling lol, I even noticed some people doing SEO here and its funnny how much misinformation there is even in this forum.

Dan

Any suggestions on where to find a good course on SEO?

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012

Dan

Thank you Dan!

VERY kind of you.

If I could pay a person to do it and they would guarantee me 1st page and I pay after it hits the 1st page I would DEFINITELY do it.

You see I don't like to take many risks and to me SEO is a time to risk to reward I am not willing to take as opposed to finding products which forum members want to buy, and then going on the forums to tell them about the products.

If I had to pick one reason I have never done any SEO is that in my opinion VERY few people who do a Google Search ever make it to the 2nd page of searches.

The likelihood of putting a website in the top 10 in my opinion is VERY rare. So I can picture myself taking the time to learn SEO, do what is needed and one of 3 things happens.

1. My site gets on the first page I continue SEO so it doesn't slip to the dreaded 2nd page and thousands of people go to my site and I sell a ton of stuff. So I am VERY happy.
2. My site never gets past the 3 page, I get almost no new traffic after having spent many many many hours on SEO and after waiting months and months HOPING it will hit the 1st page but it never does and I don't make 1 penny more than if I had never looked into SEO.
3. My site gets on the first page and a week later Google changes how they rank sites my site drops to the 20th page. So after spend TONS of hours to learn SEO, performing the SEO on my site I have not made one more penny than if I had never done any SEO.

It is my whole heated belief that it is in Googles best interest to continually change its ranking criteria so they sell more PPC ads.

Think about it realistically this is 100% a case of the fox watching the hen house. Google makes money by selling ads, not by showing people how to get their website to the 1st page.

If this were not true than why don't companies offer to get your site to page one BEFORE you pay them?

So for me personally I see my time and the time of my reps spent on forums where I am 100% sure that when they make a post about my company it WILL be read by tens if not hundreds or thousands of people who are interested in what I am selling.

Dan Da Man

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 20, 2012
San Diego
Thank you Dan!

VERY kind of you.

If I could pay a person to do it and they would guarantee me 1st page and I pay after it hits the 1st page I would DEFINITELY do it.

You see I don't like to take many risks and to me SEO is a time to risk to reward I am not willing to take as opposed to finding products which forum members want to buy, and then going on the forums to tell them about the products.

If I had to pick one reason I have never done any SEO is that in my opinion VERY few people who do a Google Search ever make it to the 2nd page of searches.

The likelihood of putting a website in the top 10 in my opinion is VERY rare. So I can picture myself taking the time to learn SEO, do what is needed and one of 3 things happens.

1. My site gets on the first page I continue SEO so it doesn't slip to the dreaded 2nd page and thousands of people go to my site and I sell a ton of stuff. So I am VERY happy.
2. My site never gets past the 3 page, I get almost no new traffic after having spent many many many hours on SEO and after waiting months and months HOPING it will hit the 1st page but it never does and I don't make 1 penny more than if I had never looked into SEO.
3. My site gets on the first page and a week later Google changes how they rank sites my site drops to the 20th page. So after spend TONS of hours to learn SEO, performing the SEO on my site I have not made one more penny than if I had never done any SEO.

It is my whole heated belief that it is in Googles best interest to continually change its ranking criteria so they sell more PPC ads.

Think about it realistically this is 100% a case of the fox watching the hen house. Google makes money by selling ads, not by showing people how to get their website to the 1st page.

If this were not true than why don't companies offer to get your site to page one BEFORE you pay them?

So for me personally I see my time and the time of my reps spent on forums where I am 100% sure that when they make a post about my company it WILL be read by tens if not hundreds or thousands of people who are interested in what I am selling.

You make some valid points and you are totally right when you say that google changes its algorithm so that people will start paying for PPC ads. But just as google can be gamed (which i have done and am doing right now) currently, there will always be avenues for gaming the system in the future. You just have to stay on top of the game which many people dont want to and that is why they end up buying PPC ads.

SEO is all about testing and to really do it right you have to have tons of sites and you have to fail tons of times. For someone not really invested in learning about it and testing a lot, then I would say to stear clear. PPC might be a better thing for you.

As for the guaranteeing the top spot, I see your point however myself and any legimate SEOs would never take you up on this offer because no one can guarantee a top spot. If I were to guarantee you a top spot, then I might as well guarantee myself a top spot and do the site myself. I have had people want me to guarantee them a return on their investment. I couldn't help but laugh on this one.

However if there are people searching for a product you sell, you are missing out on a huge chunk of that profit by not doing some sort of PPC or seo marketing. PPC might be the best avenue for you.

P.S. Page one rankings are not as hard as you think. It just takes some time and a little effort. SEO companies make it out to being super hard because they want to act like they are doing something extra ordinary that no one else can do. They are a dime a dozen, with very few legitimate ones and most just scam artists.

Hope this helps clear up a little LOL

Dan Da Man

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 20, 2012
San Diego
Any suggestions on where to find a good course on SEO?

Theres not really any guide as SEO is more of an art then just a method. I would however suggest to dive into www.Blackhatworld.com. I have learned everything I know and I owe all my success to this forum.

PM me, if you need help I can steer you in the right direction.

Dan

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Hey, I must have missed your intro from the other day, welcome to the forum Dan. :Welcome:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard Dan.

Dan Da Man

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 20, 2012
San Diego
Thanks guys. And thanks MJ. MFL rules BTW! I feel honored to be here and hopefully I can be an asset to this forum.

Dan

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...