The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Here goes nothin'!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

LittleMissFancy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 8, 2014
I posted awhile back that I was thinking about doing an execution and progress thread and after waffling back and forth as to whether I should do it, I decided to put myself out there and DO IT. I don't fancy myself a writer in any way shape or form so you'll have to bear with me. Anyways, on to the good stuff...

About a year ago, I was presented with the opportunity to sell my restaurant after nearly a decade running it, a restaurant that I started from scratch with a $25,000USD investment and grew it into a popular and profitable spot. It was the sort of deal that I didn't really see coming but I knew the opportunity to sell down the road would be one that was much much difficult and time consuming that the deal I was presented with and I was at the point in which I was looking to get out of the restaurant business at some point in the near future anyways. I have always been a person full of ideas so I wasn't fearful that I would be unemployed or destitute but I was concerned that I needed to get something going and quick or I would be forced back to the ranks of trading my time for money in someone else's business, something I hadn't done since my twenties.

For the months leading up to the point that I would exit the business, as we agreed I would stay on for a point of time during the transition as a consultant, I was trying to harness my creativity and have my eyes open to pain points and ways in which I could serve a need. One day I was having a business meeting with partners I was involved with in a small side business that wasn't doing particularly as well as we had hoped, we were discussing ways to pivot the business to become more successful and boom, right in my lap an idea landed. I immediately brought it up to my partners and it was a resounding "YES, lets do it!" and off to the races we went.

The business is a B2B, so I am in a completely new world as compared to the restaurant. All the little things required to get the business going are completed and I am at the point where its time to sell, something I have never done before. I have sent emails to personal business contacts I have made over the years and will be following up with them in the next few days by phone. It's exciting and scary all at once, there's the fear that I don't know everything there is to know and will be in a situation where I won't look competent, the fear of rejection, the list goes on but I can't let those fears paralyze me. Onward and Upward!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.