The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help with Marketing Ideas for New Product

Idea threads

acesar

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 23, 2007
nyc
I am starting an energy drink company. My product is awesome as it is a sustained, focused energetic feeling as opposed to the HIGH --> CRASH jittery feeling you get with others. My focus is the nightlife crowd, professionals, students. The goal is to help people get useful energy hey can hone and harness towards the tasks they actually need to do in life or to just be awake, alert and sharp when they need the extra boost to go out and have fun. I am currently an attorney trying to escape the confines of my slowlane career and wanted to get some ideas/tips from anyone with more marketing experience how I can market my product. I don't have the money to put it in a recording artist or athlete's hands on national television (yet). Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Whole Paradigm

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Nov 15, 2011
The PR fees may not be as bad as you think. Ranging from $50 an hour and up. This may give you some extra info: Top PR Firm Rankings | Public Relations Agency Rankings by O'Dwyer's Public Relations News

Also, do you have a company in mind who can create the product, package, and warehouse?

If not I found these:
Energy Drink Manufacturers

Beverage Development | Private Label Beverages | Beverage Turnkey Solutions

Beverage Cans : Manufacturingdrinks.com

Beverage Consulting Services Beverage Consultant Development Formulation Marketing companies

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Demos. Retail chains have what are called "road shows," which are roving promotions on merchandise they don't carry normally. These range from doing an event at a local mom and pop owned grocery store (just stop by and visit them with a sample... and then ask if you can do an event at the store)... to organized roving road shows for companies like Sam's Club. If your product is successful enough at a road show, often it can lead to store placement. You can enlist the help of family to man the road show(s) at first. It's also a great way to get consumer feedback on your product. For an energy drink company trying to get a start... I would really spend some time trying to get some sampling road shows going. It will be a lot of work... but it SHOULD BE or everyone would do it, right? You might even check with your local Sam's Club or Costco or BJ's... because some of the club retailers have regional buyers who might be willing to give your product a taste, and a chance.

But your local grocery store should be your first and easiest break through.

newbeginning

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 16, 2011
Crazy Idea

I don't have marketing experience, but here's a crazy idea. Look at road race summaries in your area and see who the amateur winners usually are. Get in touch and provide them with free drinks or something like that, then have them wear a shirt with your product on race day. The bigger road races might have up to a thousand or more people, and a lot of them hang around until the awards ceremony.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Colleges are a great place to get your name out there.

Now things like this sell best if they have ridiculous names. Like "Crazy F*cker Energy" or "supercharged bastard juice".

The marketing will do itself if you name it something like that. Plus you should try to get it in 7-11s and exxon stations.

Kinda a saturated market though.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
I would start off by giving your product away to your IDEAL customers, which means you will have to identify who your ideal customer is.

Professionals and students/party-animals are very different crowds. And since your drink aims to allow people to FOCUS, rather than get amped up - partying is not a good market.

Professionals might be a good area, or maybe studious college students. But I would chose one or the other, and then go after them with zeal.

If you choose studious college students, give it away free at the campus library. Then you'll get feedback to tweak your products & marketing - really learning the true benefits and differentiators of your product, and build up demand. Once you have guaranteed built up demand, you can go to the local stores and say "hey, stock my energy drink (which all the students love) and you don't have to pay me for it until you sell it". There's no risk to the store owner, and now you've got a pipeline of people to buy your product.

The real financial success of a business doesn't come from the first sale, but from creating long-term profitable sales. So what if you lose a little money on the front end? You'd be losing that money by hiring a PR person or paying for ads anyway, and this way will build loyal customers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.