The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help securing a $63,000 loan

Anything related to investing, including crypto
D

Deleted29658

Hey everyone, I am trying to secure a $63,000 personal loan for an investment. I have been applying online but I can't get anyone to give me a loan and I am not sure why. I have a credit score over 750, I have paid off 4 loans worth 20K or less in the past few years, My income is roughly 120K-240K a year. (Consistent contract work) Are there any alternatives or somewhere else I can look to get this big of a loan? The payments that I am seeing are a $1,000 a month or a little more. I can easily do that with my income and I have very little expenses in my month to month life, but nobody will give me a loan. I am lost. Any help would be great. Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
Hey everyone, I am trying to secure a $63,000 personal loan for an investment. I have been applying online but I can't get anyone to give me a loan and I am not sure why. I have a credit score over 750, I have paid off 4 loans worth 20K or less in the past few years, My income is roughly 120K-240K a year. (Consistent contract work) Are there any alternatives or somewhere else I can look to get this big of a loan? The payments that I am seeing are a $1,000 a month or a little more. I can easily do that with my income and I have very little expenses in my month to month life, but nobody will give me a loan. I am lost. Any help would be great. Thank you!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Try lightstream.

D

Deleted29658

Try lightstream.
That was the first place I tried and where I usually get my loans. But they didn't let me.
There has to be something weird going on....

This isn't for real estate or anything of that nature. I would have to take out a personal loan for this.
I just can't find anyone who will give it to me.

BusinessInShorts

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jan 20, 2019
Thun, Switzerland
I'm not sure I understand that correctly. You have such a high income and mention that you have low expenses. Why can't you foot the $63k yourself? I mean with that income you should be able to put 30k aside a year and I'm assuming you did not just reach that income this year.

D

Deleted29658

I'm not sure I understand that correctly. You have such a high income and mention that you have low expenses. Why can't you foot the $63k yourself? I mean with that income you should be able to put 30k aside a year and I'm assuming you did not just reach that income this year.
I leverage everything. I don't out right pay for almost anything.
I always try and get some liquid capital, and then use OPM to get me in the door.
I but 90% of what I make into investments. I currently don't have 30K sitting anywhere I can get to it.
My thought is that if I put in investments over the last few years, it'll pay off big in the coming years.
I use what liquid capital I have just to pay monthly on loans until I can pay them off entirely once my investments go up.

BusinessInShorts

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jan 20, 2019
Thun, Switzerland
I always try and get some liquid capital, and then use OPM to get me in the door.
I but 90% of what I make into investments. I currently don't have 30K sitting anywhere I can get to it.
My thought is that if I put in investments over the last few years, it'll pay off big in the coming years.
I use what liquid capital I have just to pay monthly on loans until I can pay them off entirely once my investments go up.

I get it, but I think that if you have a good plan to pay back the loan and it goes towards something that a bank can understand, it shouldn't be a problem to secure it. Additionally, I still feel that if it's possible it makes sense to keep a certain amount of money saved up in case of basically anything. As well as if you need it for investing.

Mysterious

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 13, 2017
Europe
I am not US citizen, but you said your income is from contract work and between 120k-240k. Is your income structured as self-employed or are you worker under your own LLC or whatever correct legal term is for a company in the US?
From my experience in Europe, nobody likes to give loans for real estate or personal loans from very volatile incomes like yours, even it is high, because it means that income could go also below 100k very fast. Banks like stable incomes.
I will use Real estate mortgage as an example. You can get better deals from banks if you have 10k a month income from your own LLC, where you pay yourself 10k every month for 2 years. And the rest of it you pay yourself in dividends. You can get really good mortgage rates using this technique, so maybe this can work for personal loans too?
So if you are self-employed, maybe change legal structure? I am not attorney or certified financial advisor, so you should check with yours in the United States.

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
Can you provide a little more details regarding the investment you want to make? Maybe that will clarify the struggle on getting funding for it and we will be able to assess the potential better.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
Some lenders will do it if you are a sole prop. and have business bank accounts. If your income is just coming from you though it makes the file risky, thus high interest unfortunately, and a short term.

PayPal and AMEX have tightened up on lending at the moment, but worth a shot if you haven't tried them yet.

BBobby

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 27, 2018
Philly
like someone else said, perhaps one of your credit card companies you've been using for years and paying off consistently? or the same idea just with a bank you've been with for a while

otherwise - credit union?

2 private loans for 30k each? mom/dad/uncle/friend etc.

do you own a home? HELOC?

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Yuck. In my mind, you're setting yourself up to fail. I knew a bunch of people in the RE business did this same thing in 1980s. They were into OPM for all of their deals. They laughed at me because I wasn't into that leverage. Then the market fell apart and they end up with the hats in their hands in bankruptcy court. They lost everything. But, what would an old girl like me know about high finance?

AndreeaCrs

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 8, 2021
I would personally choose to talk with consultants in the matter. I see that you have quite a bit of experience with loans, you said that you already paid four, but nevertheless you are still struggling to loan now, so maybe the same advice goes for you as well. I had a few problems with the first loan I ever got as I was a stupid teenager and thought money on the spot was the best thing that I could do in life. Turnes out it's quite the opposite. I was extremely tangled in cases and a lot of unpleasant scenarios. The second time around I understood much more already, but still contacted professionals to have me guided to the best loan deal on the market. Maybe give it a try, they could realize that something that you are missing.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.