The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help me please, what i have to do?

Idea threads

ohmamecr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2021
I am in Spain, I have spent 2 years educating myself financially and developing myself personally and learning a lot about business and entrepreneurship. I don't like to talk about problems because they are as far as we see them, but I think this case is an exception, I'm 17 years old and I'm in 2 course of an intermediate degree of administrative management oriented to the legal field.
Question, my mother wants to force me to continue studying and I have had several discussions with her, I am fed up, the classes teach us about office and public administration of the state, things that seem irrelevant to me and are misaligned from my self-realization. I have a lot of pressure because the only way to know that I can leave the system is to have my business before September of this year, months go by and I am working on projects that I know is the only way that they would let me leave my studies.
There is no way to convince my mother, she does not trust me or believe that I am intelligent enough to stop studying and face what is out there, everything that I am today is thanks to being self-taught, everything that I know about business, investment, money, economy and the convictions that I have created have not been because of the school despite having been in it for 14 years, since I went to high school I began to doubt with a colleague who thinks the same way that we are in a car wash brain to subscribe to mediocrity and earn integrity for a title, 20-25 years of your life for a piece of paper? Sorry, I prefer to be autodidact and separate my time from something that does not add value to me, well yes, I hate conventions more and more

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

matveyDev

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Feb 13, 2022
Russia, Krasnodar
If you study for free, You can drop out of university without problems =)
Let’s enjoy your life, create business, projects, be involved about your idea!

ohmamecr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2021
If you study for free, You can drop out of university without problems =)
Let’s enjoy your life, create business, projects, be involved about your idea!
Is a médium grade, but they teach you to b an employee, which is the classic system worlwide

peddletothemetal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 5, 2021
She's reasonable to the extent you don't have a better idea, which I imagine you don't.

And at 17 you're very unlikely to have better ideas, period. You certainly haven't mentioned any here have you?

What she's doing is risk management. The fact of the matter is that university degrees do count for something. It's far more common that people dropped out of university because they clearly had a better idea, and there was clear evidence of it, than that they skipped it outright. Zuckerberg, Gates, Dell are all classic examples. Their parents weren't stupid or malicious. They didn't get in their way of doing something else once there was clear evidence they'd set up a better alternative. But if they hadn't, they'd have fallen back onto the degree.

Remember, what is the chief value of a degree? It's not that you've learned stuff that others haven't. It's not that you've built skills that others haven't. It's that you've proven you'll conform to the office job system (doing dull and irrelevant work for years on end -- like university like workplace), thereby avoiding dropping down to the lower rungs of society -- the deadbeats, the criminals, the homeless, the losers, etc. It aims to cap the downside. Capping the upside is an unfortunate common side effect (but note, as evidenced by people like Thiel and Musk, graduating from university doesn't have to cap your upside).

If you made a clear case what you would be likely better to succeed at, such as a different course, I'm sure she'd listen. Just don't come off as whiny, or she'll correctly invoke parental discipline on you. Instead, present solid evidence of strong and safe future prospects from your alternative idea.

ohmamecr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2021
She's reasonable to the extent you don't have a better idea, which I imagine you don't.

And at 17 you're very unlikely to have better ideas, period. You certainly haven't mentioned any here have you?

What she's doing is risk management. The fact of the matter is that university degrees do count for something. It's far more common that people dropped out of university because they clearly had a better idea, and there was clear evidence of it, than that they skipped it outright. Zuckerberg, Gates, Dell are all classic examples. Their parents weren't stupid or malicious. They didn't get in their way of doing something else once there was clear evidence they'd set up a better alternative. But if they hadn't, they'd have fallen back onto the degree.

Remember, what is the chief value of a degree? It's not that you've learned stuff that others haven't. It's not that you've built skills that others haven't. It's that you've proven you'll conform to the office job system (doing dull and irrelevant work for years on end -- like university like workplace), thereby avoiding dropping down to the lower rungs of society -- the deadbeats, the criminals, the homeless, the losers, etc. It aims to cap the downside. Capping the upside is an unfortunate common side effect (but note, as evidenced by people like Thiel and Musk, graduating from university doesn't have to cap your upside).

If you made a clear case what you would be likely better to succeed at, such as a different course, I'm sure she'd listen. Just don't come off as whiny, or she'll correctly invoke parental discipline on you. Instead, present solid evidence of strong and safe future prospects from your alternative idea.
I understand your answer, I have talked about it, I have even proposed a 1-year sabbatical and nothing. He doesn't want to hear me talk about it because he is clear about it, also, why was he going to study something that wastes my time and adds 0 value? Thanks for the reply

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 11, 2019
Okay, imagine that you just dropped out. What now? Get a shitty job to cover the bills while you work on your project that statistically is not going to work out?

I dropped out of University before the final exam, it wasn't exactly a smart choice, and I rarely suggest it (however, I don't regret it), but I knew exactly what I'm going to do, and years later, I'm still doing the same thing and relatively successfully. I also had decent savings and could continue studying at any time.

Your mother wants what's best for you. You haven't told anything about your projects, but yeah, most 17-year-olds are probably not "intelligent enough/ ready for what's out there".

I suggest to continue your studies and work on your projects during your free time, unless you can answer to my first question with full confidence in great detail.

peddletothemetal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 5, 2021
I understand your answer, I have talked about it, I have even proposed a 1-year sabbatical and nothing. He doesn't want to hear me talk about it because he is clear about it, also, why was he going to study something that wastes my time and adds 0 value? Thanks for the reply
You're not reading; I've already explained. You don't want to hear it, you have your own personal reasons you want to rebel and do whatever you want, and so on, which may be perfectly understandable. But it's important you at least have a think about alternative viewpoints, remembering that you're the only person who'll reap the rewards or suffer the costs.

University adds value to your life, as a fall-back. It's not "zero" (0.00%) value, and you know that. Perhaps it's 40% the value people claim it is, but it's not zero. Employers do still respect degrees. Therefore it can mean the difference between a minimum wage job waiting tables, and a better office job.

So again, you've proposed a 1 year sabbatical. I don't know your mother, but I know how any other human being would've interpreted that: "I want to piss around for a year". That plan is trash. You need a clearer and more convincing one.

It isn't about "I won't do X", it's about "I'll do Y instead". A sabbatical sounds like "I'll do nothing but wank, waste time with my friends, and play computer games", which if you're being honest, is probably exactly what you'll do.

Here are some examples of someone proposing a legitimate, non-lazy, not "loser in the making" plan:
  • As you know, mother, I have been very involved in cryptocurrencies over the last two years. It is clear that something great is going to come from that space, because of all these people who have been making large money there. My plan is to start a new cryptocurrency, while the market is still hot. If it doesn't work in one year, I will continue the university plan. [Not that I think crypto is legit, just this plan would sound non-pathetic]
  • Mother, I understand your concern is avoiding me falling through the cracks of society, so I don't end up a drug-runner, a junkie, a loser who ends up with a loser wife, or the like. I understand that university is the most well known method of parents to reduce risk. However, what you're proposing sounds downright depressing to me. A large number of kids end up on anti-depressants. Don't you want your kid to end up happy and fulfilled in life? I have a plan: I am going to try [these specific N things] in my year off. All of these have market demand. All lead to marketable skills that will enable me to get good jobs, such as [examples]. Which ever turns out to most energise me, I will pursue with full force.
Etc

farouqali

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 16, 2021
my mother wants to force me to continue studying and I have had several discussions with her, I am fed up, the classes teach us about office and public administration of the state, things that seem irrelevant to me and are misaligned from my self-realization. I have a lot of pressure because the only way to know that I can leave the system is to have my business before September of this year, months go by and I am working on projects that I know is the only way that they would let me leave my studies.
Hey, Ohmamecr,
no matter how pissed you feel about Uni. Go on and finish what you started. if you quit now and you don't have something tangible to convince your Mum. You are wasting your precious time (Enjoy & see the positives at the campus life).Here is why; perhaps you heard other friends are doing something better. you got an idea of disliking things mid way, but " make it a habit to persevere through till the end. (this builds character)".
There's No one who cares more about and doesn't want you to fail as your Mother.(Pray for her to have a long life Alive). Choose the right books to read(check out Fastlane bookstore), work on your projects while you finish your Course. Whatever the idea of business you have, share the progress here there are plenty of experts to guide you.
welcome to the forum !!

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Therefore it can mean the difference between a minimum wage job waiting tables, and a better office job.
This is right.

I think most people come here expecting everyone shouting at the top of their lungs : quit university in your last year and start selling t shirts !!! take a risk !

People, that’s not what Fastlane is.

I see posts from soon to be lawyers that want to quit and start a business. But they need money to support themselves so they think waiting tables / selling d2d is the way.

Wtf is wrong with you people?

A job is a way of bootstrapping your business ideas. If someone wants to offer you $50k/ year you don’t say “No thanks, I’ll do more for 16k”

When you make a year’s salary/ month for more than 6 months then you can quit uni.

If you don’t know how to even make $1, stick to school, get a job that will support you until you figure it out.

ohmamecr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2021
You're not reading; I've already explained. You don't want to hear it, you have your own personal reasons you want to rebel and do whatever you want, and so on, which may be perfectly understandable. But it's important you at least have a think about alternative viewpoints, remembering that you're the only person who'll reap the rewards or suffer the costs.

University adds value to your life, as a fall-back. It's not "zero" (0.00%) value, and you know that. Perhaps it's 40% the value people claim it is, but it's not zero. Employers do still respect degrees. Therefore it can mean the difference between a minimum wage job waiting tables, and a better office job.

So again, you've proposed a 1 year sabbatical. I don't know your mother, but I know how any other human being would've interpreted that: "I want to piss around for a year". That plan is trash. You need a clearer and more convincing one.

It isn't about "I won't do X", it's about "I'll do Y instead". A sabbatical sounds like "I'll do nothing but wank, waste time with my friends, and play computer games", which if you're being honest, is probably exactly what you'll do.

Here are some examples of someone proposing a legitimate, non-lazy, not "loser in the making" plan:
  • As you know, mother, I have been very involved in cryptocurrencies over the last two years. It is clear that something great is going to come from that space, because of all these people who have been making large money there. My plan is to start a new cryptocurrency, while the market is still hot. If it doesn't work in one year, I will continue the university plan. [Not that I think crypto is legit, just this plan would sound non-pathetic]
  • Mother, I understand your concern is avoiding me falling through the cracks of society, so I don't end up a drug-runner, a junkie, a loser who ends up with a loser wife, or the like. I understand that university is the most well known method of parents to reduce risk. However, what you're proposing sounds downright depressing to me. A large number of kids end up on anti-depressants. Don't you want your kid to end up happy and fulfilled in life? I have a plan: I am going to try [these specific N things] in my year off. All of these have market demand. All lead to marketable skills that will enable me to get good jobs, such as [examples]. Which ever turns out to most energise me, I will pursue with full force.
Etc
Thanks, with the sabbatical year my plan is not be standing being lazy all the year, "A sabbatical year is the period of time that a person decides to dedicate completely to their personal interests, leaving aside their work or academic responsibilities. In many cases, on their own account or demand of the same or for various problems." , i would be riding 2 books per week and learning a lot more of economic and business, also try to find a job and pu tthe money to create businesses, in fact my plan sounds better than your example knowing the financial that would you need to start a cryptocurency.
Also, you though that the degree is in university, im doing a medium degree, in spain "grado medio", that is a shit, when you finish the medium grade yo have to do if you want a superior great for 2 years more and then you will be able to entry a university, im 17, i would enter at 20.

And i still thinking the only value that you receive in university are the networking and some specifical stuff importantly for the thing your studing, for example in my medium grade we're doing in accounting bills of exchange, wtf? The credit cards are almost disappearing and were studying something that will be useless in the future? What about the checks, disappeareds, and were studying how it works the checks. It would worry me if you think those things will help me in the future, also were doing some business subject, i know a lot of business and all i know is useless because i've to put what is in the school book, a great example, at the beginnings of course i did a exam that asked 3 ways of how to receive financing to open your business, i put 2 of the book and the third i put crowdlending. Guess what happens, they put that im wrong, I should have put what one teacher of Mcgraw hill find out in wikipedia to get approved, so i have to overcharge my mind of things of the past for a future envolved in tecnology and focus in the busineses.
Also they teach you the methods to calcule a compound interest but not how you will be use in the future, a great example, a several weeks ago we were doing how to calculate the compound interest, and i was thinking with my friend," were's the sense?, they teach you how to calculate something that is necessary to have a paper and pen, when there are calculators that calculate it in thousandths of a second", and then? How you will be use a compound interest in the future or a simple interest, when you sign your mortgage, they know how to calculate a simple interest but the they will pay a interest in the 80% of mortgage payments, they learn how to do it but then the banks scam them and instead put a fix interest they choice the first thing i talked about and pay the double and some cases the triple of price. I learn you how to do something that you will not use, that will be useless in the future, that you will not know how and when you will use it, sounds shit.

ohmamecr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2021
This is right.

I think most people come here expecting everyone shouting at the top of their lungs : quit university in your last year and start selling t shirts !!! take a risk !

People, that’s not what Fastlane is.

I see posts from soon to be lawyers that want to quit and start a business. But they need money to support themselves so they think waiting tables / selling d2d is the way.

Wtf is wrong with you people?

A job is a way of bootstrapping your business ideas. If someone wants to offer you $50k/ year you don’t say “No thanks, I’ll do more for 16k”

When you make a year’s salary/ month for more than 6 months then you can quit uni.

If you don’t know how to even make $1, stick to school, get a job that will support you until you figure it out.
If I did go to university, I would finish it in 7 years. In 7 years, I want to have had something more than brainwashed with an identity in the form of a degree. The middle grades that I am doing and the higher ones are not worth shit to be clear, salaries between 1.2k-1.5k, in fact the people I know who have one are in Burger King and in a factory, very important for the studies not to use in your future work? I prefer to work as an intern in an emoresa and have experience rather than learn the theory of a world that no longer exists brother, besides, to earn an average of 1.5k I prefer to become an autonomous amazon delivery man and earn 3k, requirements? A F*cking car, a F*cking car and you work fewer hours, what do you earn here? Once you learn most of the streets to which you usually deliver, you will decouple your time from work quite a lot since you will be able to do what you did in the beginning in 8 hours now you do it in 4 or 5, said of a delivery man, between 50-60 % more time than an average person and twice the salary covering a market with broader value filters. Now I ask you, what would you prefer, drop out of school and focus on a clear future and purpose having as a mattress, being an autonomous Amazon delivery man earning 3k net and having 50% more time than the average or spending 7 years studying prehistoric concepts.

peddletothemetal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 5, 2021
We KNOW the studies are useless and outdated. I've already described that.

The value is you've proven you'll be a good boy. You'll sit in the office and do as you're told for the company or the bureau, rather than do what you want to do, and in exchange they'll pay you a salary. With that salary, you'll get to be independent in your free time. Workers who can't stomach doing as they're told are worse than useless.

I get this all the time, even with developers. They want to goof around, play with new technology and create maintenance burdens, instead of getting the real work done.

Look up the statistics of average salaries for graduates vs non-graduates. That's the screening effect of studies. Employers know that a graduate is obedient, and doesn't indulge in their own ideas of value.

Ok, so your sabbatical plan is to: read and find a job to save money for business.

On reading about business and economics, it has no value. No-one got successful in business from reading that stuff for a year. No-one. Business is a hands-on, practical, and iterative matter. So this would waste a year. You can already read books in your spare time anyway.

On trying to find a job to save money for a business, that won't work because you can't earn at high enough rates to save at the required rate. For example, how much does it cost to open a very basic business like a cafe? How long would it take you to save that at an unskilled minimum wage job? Forever.

You should look into practical alternatives if you want to skip schooling.

Given you've mentioned reading for a year, I'm guessing you're not a physical labour type, so skilled trades are probably off the table.

One key example at the moment is coding bootcamps. There exist bootcamps where you only have to pay if you get a job. There are also similiar bootcamps in other fields like sales, design, and testing. These could give you a much faster path to higher wages, and would also give you practical business skills, both of which would actually help you in your future business attempts.

Bootcamps legitimize themselves with their hiring statistics and their guarantees. That data, plus the plausibility of earning many years ahead of schedule, could be enough to convince your mother. Once you get your first skilled job, work experience supercedes education credentials, as I'm sure she'd know.

Sega Saph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Dec 17, 2021
Russia
Hello.
It isn't seems you realy want the answer on your question, that means whatever we recommend you it's gonna be cancel.
Btw, i think if your education will be free it's a good chance. You pay nothing, have a free time to read books, learn skills etc. That's the same thing with job. Some ppl are so crazy about their useless work time but do you think they will have any success? ... it;s needless to say
Man, in my age of 17 i had the same opinion about it and now i'm 26 and understand what's the difference beetween ppl who have and don't have bachelor degree. Look at the MJ, he have this, Musk - also, a lot of success entrerpreneurs on FLF etc. etc. etc. Man, you are young, it's the best thing you can do not to destroy you. Have a good friends, take care about your health, think big about opportunities while studing in Uni.
Wish you the best and keep going. Bonne chance!

ohmamecr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2021
We KNOW the studies are useless and outdated. I've already described that.

The value is you've proven you'll be a good boy. You'll sit in the office and do as you're told for the company or the bureau, rather than do what you want to do, and in exchange they'll pay you a salary. With that salary, you'll get to be independent in your free time. Workers who can't stomach doing as they're told are worse than useless.

I get this all the time, even with developers. They want to goof around, play with new technology and create maintenance burdens, instead of getting the real work done.

Look up the statistics of average salaries for graduates vs non-graduates. That's the screening effect of studies. Employers know that a graduate is obedient, and doesn't indulge in their own ideas of value.

Ok, so your sabbatical plan is to: read and find a job to save money for business.

On reading about business and economics, it has no value. No-one got successful in business from reading that stuff for a year. No-one. Business is a hands-on, practical, and iterative matter. So this would waste a year. You can already read books in your spare time anyway.

On trying to find a job to save money for a business, that won't work because you can't earn at high enough rates to save at the required rate. For example, how much does it cost to open a very basic business like a cafe? How long would it take you to save that at an unskilled minimum wage job? Forever.

You should look into practical alternatives if you want to skip schooling.

Given you've mentioned reading for a year, I'm guessing you're not a physical labour type, so skilled trades are probably off the table.

One key example at the moment is coding bootcamps. There exist bootcamps where you only have to pay if you get a job. There are also similiar bootcamps in other fields like sales, design, and testing. These could give you a much faster path to higher wages, and would also give you practical business skills, both of which would actually help you in your future business attempts.

Bootcamps legitimize themselves with their hiring statistics and their guarantees. That data, plus the plausibility of earning many years ahead of schedule, could be enough to convince your mother. Once you get your first skilled job, work experience supercedes education credentials, as I'm sure she'd know.
MJ is a perfect exámple,h became a millionaire learning how the young millionaires did ir, and i dont read to become a millionaire i do because i love to learn, i get more value in he books, podcasts and forum than in the schools and why i would b worrie of the statistics? Thats the average and im surely a 100% im so over than the average, and i can do with 1k more than a brainwashed with 50k. I think that you have to change your mental model about the learning, what about larry elison, steve jobs, tjomas edison and henry ford, morgan etc.
its not enough with a university as Mj said, the u. Or seth godin one time said that you can learn in 30-40 books mor than in the school.

ohmamecr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2021
Hello.
It isn't seems you realy want the answer on your question, that means whatever we recommend you it's gonna be cancel.
Btw, i think if your education will be free it's a good chance. You pay nothing, have a free time to read books, learn skills etc. That's the same thing with job. Some ppl are so crazy about their useless work time but do you think they will have any success? ... it;s needless to say
Man, in my age of 17 i had the same opinion about it and now i'm 26 and understand what's the difference beetween ppl who have and don't have bachelor degree. Look at the MJ, he have this, Musk - also, a lot of success entrerpreneurs on FLF etc. etc. etc. Man, you are young, it's the best thing you can do not to destroy you. Have a good friends, take care about your health, think big about opportunities while studing in Uni.
Wish you the best and keep going. Bonne chance!
Thanks bro, the problem in spain is that im doing a medium grade and thats not the university, you can do after the high school a grade or bachelor, bachelor is 2 years and your able to do th UNI, the grades you need be 4 years and im in 2n year, so you thinkm i would be 2 years more to finish the superior year and then be able to go at university.
I take care o my network, less than 7 persons in my main circle, no one smokes ,go to clubs or drink.
Wish you the best too, have a great day.

missinfinity98

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Oct 25, 2021
From what I can tell, most of my friends who finish studying business realize they want to do something else or are completely confused and feel like they cannot tackle the serious stuff. Most people here advise you to stay. I understand you want to break out of this system of smoke and mirrors. Perhaps stay AND already create projects? I feel the biggest issue is that my friends finished studying and didn't have any fire, any internal power to go out and start using the tools they have gained. Perhaps if I would be in your place, I would use what the uni gives as an extra boost for what I would want to do! But yeah, they dismiss creative thinking and passion, they focus on creating good workers - stay in your lane, don't try to shine your own light, etc. And don't call out the emperor to be naked. It is challenging to stay in this system. But it also depends on your character and how you perceive it again.

Also, I wouldn't worry that much about what your mother wants. You are not responsible for her emotions. Live your own life.
People who follow their parent's ambitions and become doctors (the typical parent's dream) - often, later on, admit they don't feel like they live their own life. And it is soul-crushing. At the end of the day, I am sure what your mother wants the most is you to be fulfilled and in integrity with yourself (hopefully). And it will not happen, when you will follow what others expect from you, ignoring your inner voice.

Last edited:

peddletothemetal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 5, 2021
I think that you have to change your mental model about the learning, what about larry elison, steve jobs, tjomas edison and henry ford, morgan etc.
I'm more than twice your age, and I've spent my whole adult life studying and observing this exact topic, and paying attention to every winner and loser I met and how they got that way. What are the odds you're right and I'm wrong?

Note that you didn't respond to the bootcamp option (which might be perfect for you), nor did you rebut any of my points. Maybe you're not thinking reasonably, but out of a emotional need to dream and rebel.

But anyway it's up to you. Maybe you've already made your mind up, and you'll have to learn things the hard and expensive way. Good luck to your mother.

ohmamecr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2021
From what I can tell, most of my friends who finish studying business realize they want to do something else or are completely confused and feel like they cannot tackle the serious stuff. Most people here advise you to stay. I understand you want to break out of this system of smoke and mirrors. Perhaps stay AND already create projects? I feel the biggest issue is that my friends finished studying and didn't have any fire, any internal power to go out and start using the tools they have gained. Perhaps if I would be in your place, I would use what the uni gives as an extra boost for what I would want to do! But yeah, they dismiss creative thinking and passion, they focus on creating good workers - stay in your lane, don't try to shine your own light, etc. And don't call out the emperor to be naked. It is challenging to stay in this system. But it also depends on your character and how you perceive it again.

Also, I wouldn't worry that much about what your mother wants. You are not responsible for her emotions. Live your own life.
People who follow their parent's ambitions and become doctors (the typical parent's dream) - often, later on, admit they don't feel like they live their own life. And it is soul-crushing. At the end of the day, I am sure what your mother wants the most is you to be fulfilled and in integrity with yourself (hopefully). And it will not happen, when you will follow what others expect from you, ignoring your inner voice.
Thanks a lot bro, you understood me thats what im talking about

ohmamecr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2021
I'm more than twice your age, and I've spent my whole adult life studying and observing this exact topic, and paying attention to every winner and loser I met and how they got that way. What are the odds you're right and I'm wrong?

Note that you didn't respond to the bootcamp option (which might be perfect for you), nor did you rebut any of my points. Maybe you're not thinking reasonably, but out of a emotional need to dream and rebel.

But anyway it's up to you. Maybe you've already made your mind up, and you'll have to learn things the hard and expensive way. Good luck to your mother.
I saw the bootcamp option, in spain there are not these things bro, dont offense i talk this about you have to change your mental model about "being in the school to learning, like there r not another options", also thanks for the reply, i also thought about work for free in a company or something like that. About who is wrong its all about how we see it, i think the school is not profitable for me because i dont wanna learn thins of 10 centurys ago, but also can be that you are not in spain and for the fact that is free in comparison of eeuu you think its a oportunity (which is clearly).
PD: I try to never put the opinions in conversations, only facts

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.