The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help Me Build A Sh*t Business

Glenn-GFit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 10, 2017
London
Two things I'm not trying to do:
- Actually get into the poop industry (sanitation etc)
- Make it into another "do what you love" masturbation exercise

Two things I'm going to do:
- Work on whatever needs to be developed which no other fitness business is using
- Give up on it/ change it if I don't see returns in a set amount of time

So I've been a fitness wantrepeneur for a few years now, living with my parents for some of it, doing butler in the buff jobs and other odd jobs to make the cash work, and have only recently started actually putting the time into developing a nutrition system that works, for my niche, to get very good fat loss results

I've been idea-hopping, paid hundreds of pounds over the course of a couple of years for coaches, to teach me marketing, mindset and all along the reason it didn't grow was because of me... My product sucked d*ck (as in I didn't care about clients)

So, all the time that has been invested into this has made me realise something, executional excellence is my only option (2 E's beats 1 E, especially if you rub them in your gums)

and I'd like to make that a reality to prove that whilst it IS a hard industry, and people are saturating it with "do what you love". I'm prepared to do everything I hate to make it work.

All of you will have something I can learn from on here, have valuable insights and I'm here to learn, which in turn can only make me into a more valuable owner and director of the ship. This industry is never going away, and is still one of the most profitable in the world (albeit everything comes at it from the wrong angle)

I couldn't give a shit about myself in this situation, other than wanting to build a system that works for people online to change their lives and keep changing it for the better...

So...

Let me have it :D

PS. Progress updates on the following website: www.getfitwithglenn.com to follow <-- this is where I'll be building said system which will change the lives of WFH parent with grown up kids (16+)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Tell us more about butler in the buff.
Perhaps there's Fastlane to brand Maid in England

Glenn-GFit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 10, 2017
London
Tell us more about butler in the buff.
Perhaps there's Fastlane to brand Maid in England
So Butlers in the buff is a pretty well established company which essentially rents us out as eye candy to hen parties/bachelorette parties for serving drinks, games and just to make them feel special!

They're in America, Australia and a few other countries I believe... and did think of hitting this as a business. I like maid in England, and did already purchase the domain "the cheeky boys" for .com/.co.uk

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
So Butlers in the buff is a pretty well established company which essentially rents us out as eye candy to hen parties/bachelorette parties for serving drinks, games and just to make them feel special!

They're in America, Australia and a few other countries I believe... and did think of hitting this as a business. I like maid in England, and did already purchase the domain "the cheeky boys" for .com/.co.uk
Ok, so not actual butlers. It would save on uniforms though.
I remember doing a kiss-o-gram in the 80's, I'd just started modelling, Tarzan in a pub I'd been to before. Luckily no one recognised me.
Then in the 90's after a show a colleague invited me to a private birthday gig in someone's apartment. I couldn't believe the change in him when the music started. He was like a Chippendale & I had to follow suit. Never again! He split his fee & it was good for 10 mins work.
Maybe Fabulous Footman, play up the foot angle. They still use Imperial in the UK, people tell me their weight in stones. LOL

Glenn-GFit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 10, 2017
London
Ok, so not actual butlers. It would save on uniforms though.
I remember doing a kiss-o-gram in the 80's, I'd just started modelling, Tarzan in a pub I'd been to before. Luckily no one recognised me.
Then in the 90's after a show a colleague invited me to a private birthday gig in someone's apartment. I couldn't believe the change in him when the music started. He was like a Chippendale & I had to follow suit. Never again! He split his fee & it was good for 10 mins work.
Maybe Fabulous Footman, play up the foot angle. They still use Imperial in the UK, people tell me their weight in stones. LOL
Not bad for quick cash but want more haha kiss o gram?

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Not bad for quick cash but want more haha kiss o gram?
I say take every chance you can, you can always change your mind later if you don't like it.
But if you say no to a chance, it may not be there later.
Life is about experience.
You can always make money but you can't reverse time.

Glenn-GFit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 10, 2017
London
I say take every chance you can, you can always change your mind later if you don't like it.
But if you say no to a chance, it may not be there later.
Life is about experience.
You can always make money but you can't reverse time.
I'm going to value skew every aspect of this business I can, a la value skewing in the Unscripted book. So need to start working through the list and brainstorming how I can improve them incrementally...

Much akin to the British Cycling team approach that James Clear talks about in Atomic Habits. If my product delivers, supports and serves better, and does this at the right price. Then there's no reasons this can't grow into a huge online business

Glenn-GFit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 10, 2017
London
This seems like it would be a distraction though as I'd essentially be trying to run two businesses in different industries as opposed to spending all my time dialled in and focusing? Or is that not correct?

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
Two things I'm not trying to do:
- Actually get into the poop industry (sanitation etc)
- Make it into another "do what you love" masturbation exercise

Two things I'm going to do:
- Work on whatever needs to be developed which no other fitness business is using
- Give up on it/ change it if I don't see returns in a set amount of time

So I've been a fitness wantrepeneur for a few years now, living with my parents for some of it, doing butler in the buff jobs and other odd jobs to make the cash work, and have only recently started actually putting the time into developing a nutrition system that works, for my niche, to get very good fat loss results

I've been idea-hopping, paid hundreds of pounds over the course of a couple of years for coaches, to teach me marketing, mindset and all along the reason it didn't grow was because of me... My product sucked d*ck (as in I didn't care about clients)

So, all the time that has been invested into this has made me realise something, executional excellence is my only option (2 E's beats 1 E, especially if you rub them in your gums)

and I'd like to make that a reality to prove that whilst it IS a hard industry, and people are saturating it with "do what you love". I'm prepared to do everything I hate to make it work.

All of you will have something I can learn from on here, have valuable insights and I'm here to learn, which in turn can only make me into a more valuable owner and director of the ship. This industry is never going away, and is still one of the most profitable in the world (albeit everything comes at it from the wrong angle)

I couldn't give a shit about myself in this situation, other than wanting to build a system that works for people online to change their lives and keep changing it for the better...

So...

Let me have it :D

PS. Progress updates on the following website: www.getfitwithglenn.com to follow <-- this is where I'll be building said system which will change the lives of WFH parent with grown up kids (16+)
Hey.
I would suggest fixing the UX of the website as it doesn't look very clear what you actually do and I'm sure most users would become confused as hell with all that text and elements.
Create a structure where you have a clear CTA you want the user to execute.
Can you make the nav bar horizontal?
But honestly, if it's working for you, keep going. Once you have enough data (such as avg time on page & bounce rate) you can then decide whether to fix the website or not.

Glenn-GFit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 10, 2017
London
Hey.
I would suggest fixing the UX of the website as it doesn't look very clear what you actually do and I'm sure most users would become confused as hell with all that text and elements.
Create a structure where you have a clear CTA you want the user to execute.
Can you make the nav bar horizontal?
But honestly, if it's working for you, keep going. Once you have enough data (such as avg time on page & bounce rate) you can then decide whether to fix the website or not.
UX? User experience? Sorry dude this is for members only this site anyway(so they’ll be acquainted with what I do already) and am getting it password protected.

very good idea with the bar being horizontal though and I think it does need stronger action points for people to follow... genuinely appreciate you taking the tike to have a look for me

Glenn-GFit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 10, 2017
London
UX? User experience? Sorry dude this is for members only this site anyway(so they’ll be acquainted with what I do already) and am getting it password protected.

very good idea with the bar being horizontal though and I think it does need stronger action points for people to follow... genuinely appreciate you taking the tike to have a look for me
And I DO need to build the front page for non members/ customers so will be mindful of making it super clear

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
This seems like it would be a distraction though as I'd essentially be trying to run two businesses in different industries as opposed to spending all my time dialled in and focusing? Or is that not correct?
Correct, you need to focus on one business

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.