- Joined
- May 23, 2011
- Messages
- 1,164
Rep Bank
$2,285
$2,285
User Power: 124%
Hello everyone,
And thanks in advance for reading - I feel it might not be the shortest post, but it's really a biggie for me and any info is highly appreciated.
Also sorry if it gets confusing, this is exactly why I ask, please un-confuse me if you can
Here's my specific situation. I'd like to start a web based business. But...I'm in Eastern Europe, and incorporating locally is not an option - my country is not accepted by Paypal and other websites I'd need to have access to. Purchases are also hell, I often have to send in scans of many documents just to prove I'm legit.
So does anyone has experience or opinion how should I go about incorporating? Here are my thoughts and info I gathered - I researched a lot, but probably still got it wrong :
1) US based LLC:
Sounds like best option, as from my understanding Corporations require more procedures, which are not easy to pull off living across the ocean. But I've heard the following things:
- that LLC formed in one state cannot conduct business with subject from another state before getting some specific credentials for which they might just as well be turned down.
- that it has to have a physical place of operation, and using agents that provide registering at their location + handling administrative things for you is gambling, as there's some kind of inspection that shuts down places which operate this way (have no real location of their own).
- once it's formed, what's the fixed cost of having the LLC? By this I mean are there any expenses besides taxes that need to be covered even if you earned $0?
2) Offshore company:
This is often advertised as administration free, tax free and worry free solution for just a little extra cost. A bit too good to be true. Plus I guess with no accounting records, such company would also not be capable of getting loans.
Are there any other cons of such company that you know of? The kind of business I'd do is purely web-based (website production, ad brokerage, software as a service).
I'm hot for LLC, but really intimidated by administrative aspect - how can I from overseas make sure everything's sound - I'd happily hire a lawyer and a CPA - would that be enough?
Thanks again if anyone read through this.
And thanks in advance for reading - I feel it might not be the shortest post, but it's really a biggie for me and any info is highly appreciated.
Also sorry if it gets confusing, this is exactly why I ask, please un-confuse me if you can
Here's my specific situation. I'd like to start a web based business. But...I'm in Eastern Europe, and incorporating locally is not an option - my country is not accepted by Paypal and other websites I'd need to have access to. Purchases are also hell, I often have to send in scans of many documents just to prove I'm legit.
So does anyone has experience or opinion how should I go about incorporating? Here are my thoughts and info I gathered - I researched a lot, but probably still got it wrong :
1) US based LLC:
Sounds like best option, as from my understanding Corporations require more procedures, which are not easy to pull off living across the ocean. But I've heard the following things:
- that LLC formed in one state cannot conduct business with subject from another state before getting some specific credentials for which they might just as well be turned down.
- that it has to have a physical place of operation, and using agents that provide registering at their location + handling administrative things for you is gambling, as there's some kind of inspection that shuts down places which operate this way (have no real location of their own).
- once it's formed, what's the fixed cost of having the LLC? By this I mean are there any expenses besides taxes that need to be covered even if you earned $0?
2) Offshore company:
This is often advertised as administration free, tax free and worry free solution for just a little extra cost. A bit too good to be true. Plus I guess with no accounting records, such company would also not be capable of getting loans.
Are there any other cons of such company that you know of? The kind of business I'd do is purely web-based (website production, ad brokerage, software as a service).
I'm hot for LLC, but really intimidated by administrative aspect - how can I from overseas make sure everything's sound - I'd happily hire a lawyer and a CPA - would that be enough?
Thanks again if anyone read through this.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
