The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Discussion about forming community

Idea threads

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
Before industrialisation, heavy population explosion and big cities, we all used to live in small communities (villages, tribes etc) and all communities were almost Self sufficient.
Self sufficient in the sense they were able to harvest good crop according to need and were not relying on any sort of government or authority which will forcefully make them pay taxes and provide them with some simple so called basic needs(i know kings and other sort of people were taking taxes from people but most of taxes were used for people).
The point that i am trying to convey is
Government and our own inventions( for example led which we use in white color most, causes sleep problems and people stay awake for long because of these lights instead of getting required sleep to be energized and productive by defination) are causing more problems than helping people.
The problem with our species is we need someone to take decisions for us of our life (excluding some people) and that is why we need authority (most of which misuse it). And we rely more on resources that cannot be harvested locally (for ex crude oil). Instead of all of this shit which makes our life more miserable and make us unhappy why can we just stay away from all of this by building a community able to sustain on its own and not needing any sort of external resources. We used to live life like this but now as we rely more on resources provided by government and other giants we are in their control.
Instead of trying to unscript our life , lets destroy the roots of script that is authority, and take control of our life in actual sense. Money may give us control but we still play in same script just on different level(the scientists level). Instead of eating food that damages body rather than nourishing it lets grow our own organic food, instead of using electricity for staying awake for long lets use it to invent new things.
Any counter arguments are welcomed and i will be pleased if someone is interested in discussing this topic.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
Are you suggesting a return to egalitarianism?

Reading a bit more deeply into history may enlighten your view here a bit. Right now, in the 21st century, life expectancy is much higher than it was before the industrial revolution, at least from what we have measured. Also, you cannot conclusively say people were happier in small self-sufficient tribes. Did you go back in time and take a poll? Last I checked, I don't have to worry about getting attacked by a wild animal or neighboring tribe.

When you say self-sufficient, are you really suggesting we end free trade?

Let's look at that suggestion in action. If a neighboring tribe has more food than they could possibly consume but no crude oil needed to power machines to harvest it, and we have too much crude oil but not enough food, do we not trade out of principle?

Your entire premise here is flawed. A proper study of the history of economics will reveal that there is no such thing as a "self-sufficient community". A principle in economics called comparative advantage makes this impossible.

By an Unscripted life, we mean entrepreneurship rather than a standard 9-5 existence, not a return to the tribe. The script may be a flawed system but couldn't we fix it rather than destroy it completely?

Just food for thought.

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India

Reading a bit more deeply into history may enlighten your view here a bit. Right now, in the 21st century, life expectancy is much higher than it was before the industrial revolution, at least from what we have measured. Also, you cannot conclusively say people were happier in small self-sufficient tribes. Did you go back in time and take a poll? Last I checked, I don't have to worry about getting attacked by a wild animal or neighboring tribe.

Let's look at that suggestion in action. If a neighboring tribe has more food than they could possibly consume but no crude oil needed to power machines to harvest it, and we have too much crude oil but not enough food, do we not trade out of principle?

Your entire premise here is flawed. A proper study of the history of economics will reveal that there is no such thing as a "self-sufficient community". A principle in economics called comparative advantage makes this impossible.

By an Unscripted life, we mean entrepreneurship rather than a standard 9-5 existence, not a return to the tribe. The script may be a flawed system but couldn't we fix it rather than destroy it completely?

Just food for thoug

Just food for thought.
Thank you sir for your explanation about how economics work(sorry i have not studied economic s).
But sir before rise of machines we used to do most of work by ourselves or using animals( here in india various animals were used for farming and other purposes. So we were not relying on most the resources used today.
I dont have any problem with using resources or living in heavily industrialized city but my problem is the monopoly that causes inflation(as people with more authority choose the prices of most of the goods). Our hard earned money is dilated by government each year and we can't do anything about it.
And sir we are far advanced now then we were before but lets say we somehow we distribute the power of authority to everyday people, what will happen then?
Will people change if they are given more control in life?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.