The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello

sizzlingbadger

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 20, 2019
Hi,

I just finished reading the The Fastlane, I was given a copy by a good friend of mine and after reading decided to sign up to the forum.

I lost my mum to cancer 2 years ago and although not unexpected it hit me very hard. It made me realise that time really is the great leveller, none of us can cheat it.

I'm 50 next year, I'm married with 3 teenage kids, a nice house and and good job in IT. I also have no savings, a large mortgage and I'm sick of working in the office. I guess I'm somewhere between the "sidewalk" and the "slow lane", I did buy an investment property 18 months ago and that was probably the first time I invested my money rather than spending it on crap I didn't need.

My good friend (who gave me the book) and I are often contemplating how we can leave the rat-race and become free of the ties of a normal job. 10 years we have been talking about it, that time went so fast and all we ever did is talk and dream.

Like I said I'm 50 next year, he will be 60, so we have decided AT LAST to take action and start. Not sure what we will start yet, it doesn't matter - but we will start, now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your mom. Certainly a life changing event.

Have you picked up Unscripted to read or listen to?

It's exciting to hear that you are starting now! Do you have goals set for today or this week? Are you and your friend sorting through all of the immediate ways of helping people using skills you already possess?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...