The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello...

baljitlewis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 15, 2017
Edmonton
Hi all

I'm a 26 y/o engineer from Canada

I first became interested in entrepreneurship when 2 of my friends and classmates left their jobs after 1-2 years in the industry to form a start up in 2015. This is also around the time I first read the Millionaire Fastlane . I'm an investor in that company, btw.

Here is my entrepreneurial history:
- sold t shirts on cafepress as a teen (probably less than 5 total)
- created a video "talk show" and sold t-shirts for it as a teen (sold quite a few, but all to people I knew)
- created a joke instagram which I grew using instagress (~2500 followers). using this I then created a 'clothing brand' selling hats, etc and used the same instagram account to market it
- in the midst of creating a productivity app using someone I found on freelancer.com. still in development stages.

Basically I've dabbled in somethings...put in minimal effort, and then quit when it didn't make me rich instantly. I feel like I understand the concepts and principals of "fast lane" but my execution and consistency has been poor. I picked the book up again yesterday and started reading from chapter 19 and hope I can get going on my fastlane journey.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend!

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Hey baljitlewis, welcome aboard.

Don't be afraid to pick up MJ's next book - Unscripted : Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship, in addition to TMF it will really open you up to getting things flowing.

cutthroughstatic

I Buy Cars
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Mar 13, 2015
SoCal --> Richmond, VA
Welcome to the forum!

How will your next business uniquely add value to those around you?

"I gave up because I didn't get rich instantly"

Make sure your focus from this point onwards is not on money at all. Focus only on giving value and creating value.

Ivan2BAlive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 24, 2017
Louisville, KY
Hi all

I first became interested in entrepreneurship when 2 of my friends and classmates left their jobs after 1-2 years in the industry to form a start up in 2015. This is also around the time I first read the Millionaire Fastlane . I'm an investor in that company, btw.

- created a video "talk show" and sold t-shirts for it as a teen (sold quite a few, but all to people I knew)
- created a joke instagram which I grew using instagress (~2500 followers). using this I then created a 'clothing brand' selling hats, etc and used the same instagram account to market it
- in the midst of creating a productivity app using someone I found on freelancer.com. still in development stages.

Basically I've dabbled in somethings...put in minimal effort, and then quit when it didn't make me rich instantly. I feel like I understand the concepts and principals of "fast lane" but my execution and consistency has been poor. I picked the book up again yesterday and started reading from chapter 19 and hope I can get going on my fastlane journey.

Welcome to the forum baljitlewis,

This is a good that you've learned some things along the way of entrepreneurship. That's just it, business is a learning process. Some people can be successful within a couple of months/years and some people take years to be successful. The important thing is that you have is consistency and determination. Never give up and keep going and eventually you'll reach your goal.

FreeBy23

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 18, 2017
Maryland
One of the things to think about if you're continuing with apparel is "what value does this create" and that's above and beyond just not being naked. One of my favorite recent ones is Russian Ties, it's meant to be a play on the recent political climate but it adds value with comedy or happiness. Maybe something people can relate to or that helps strike up conversation and represent them (think band t-shirts and how people buy them for 20$+ even though they're really maybe 5$ and definitely last as long as a 5$ shirt). I'm no fashionista so I can't help there but if you ever want to bounce ideas make a post and pm me or something! Good luck and godspeed

BeFound Faithful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Dec 19, 2015
Southern California
Hi all

Sounds like reading "Unscripted " could stoke your fire.

BeFound Faithful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Dec 19, 2015
Southern California
"Basically I've dabbled in somethings...put in minimal effort, and then quit when it didn't make me rich instantly. I feel like I understand the concepts and principals of "fast lane" but my execution and consistency has been poor."

Most of the time, there's a critical connection between how successful something is and the amount of effort it takes. If it were easy, everyone would do it and succeed. MJ hits that pretty hard in Unscripted and I haven't seen that written anywhere else that I remember.

baljitlewis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 15, 2017
Edmonton
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Hey baljitlewis, welcome aboard.

Don't be afraid to pick up MJ's next book - Unscripted : Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship, in addition to TMF it will really open you up to getting things flowing.

Sounds like reading "Unscripted " could stoke your fire.

What's the biggest difference between Unscripted and TMF ?

Welcome to the forum!

How will your next business uniquely add value to those around you?

"I gave up because I didn't get rich instantly"

Make sure your focus from this point onwards is not on money at all. Focus only on giving value and creating value.

Yep, great advice

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

What's the biggest difference between Unscripted and TMF ?

Yep, great advice
To be honest - TMF is the rude-awakening that assists with mindset-tweaking for greatness - TMF not only allows you to know you deserve more in life, but it shows you, through the proof of MJ's success, that it is 100% attainable if you choose to act on it.

- Unscripted will give you the kick a$$ to overcome this - NO DOUBT!

Unscripted is the FTE - a F*ck-This-Event which pisses one off so much about one's current situation, that the anger/hunger/desire drives one to immediately act on building a solid business platform for a Fastlane/Unscripted biz and stick to working it towards success - it's a lot more in depth with many philosophies from TMF and additional ones which will help you diagnose issues, and how to create solutions for your biz.

I know in business there is no hand-holding, but trust me, with both TMF and Unscripted , I feel as if MJ is literally holding my hand and teaching me about building a fail-proof business. The books can be cross-referenced with each other and for me, they are both vital in building and maintaining my biz.

Both books are a complete package.

However, don't take my only word for it, you can check out the reviews on Amazon for both TMF and Unscripted amidst other platforms where MJ's books are on sale.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...