The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello world.

C & S

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
May 3, 2017
United Kingdom

My name is Chris

It's so refreshing reading and being completely absorbed in a forum. (this has never happened to me before). Praise to all that contribute I only hope I can bring something to someone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

C & S

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
May 3, 2017
United Kingdom
You could start by telling us a little bit more about yourself. What you do, how you found the forum, have you read The Millionaire Fastlane , what your plans are for the future...
Hi The-J,

Like I said my name is Chris and I live in the UK.

I hope the below is not to personnel or self centered, so here goes with my little story so far.

Currently running a small business or rather the business runs me, which I am currently in the middle of sorting out and removing myself to get some time back. I have run it for 10 years and have been through the mill. I set it up at the age of 20 and then took a pro on to help with the work but he just found an excuse and sued me (money grabbing staff and it was a lesson hard learned not to trust people to much). Having said that its is a lesson I am pleased I had while at a young age as it now gives me a good perception, of people. I however think and see that about 18 month ago that this experience at such a young age colored my vision of people and has constrained my growth. It's hard when you lose faith in people.

He put eight people out of work and it took me 3/4 years of pain to get over that. (court cases here can take ages)

When you run a business on your own its a lonely, road to walk and with no mentors (despite trying and looking). I decided to embark on a journey of self help if the truth be known. It was a long pity party on my behalf as he made me believe it was my fault. I gained weight, and it upset my relationship with my wife.

Having set upon a path of self help with vengeance listing to two to three books per week, I came across the Millionaire Fast Lane book and yes I have listened to it (thanks MJ), and it simply aligned and simplified such a complex and over revved areas (as MJ would say by so called guru's) down to the nail.

Since starting this path I have now lost 5 stone in weight, and can run a mile in less than 7 1/2 mins although please give me a few to recover, and I have started to employ people again and rebuild my operation. Only this time I am building it bigger, better and stronger.

The business I am in is a service business and takes my time up, and I am looking at removing myself. I am currently thinking about getting the turnover up and the profit in and selling up. Since the beginning of the year I have tripled my turnover and look to double that again if possible, but we will see. I would like to get into property but here in the UK it is very expensive so I have decide that by the end of the year to have 1 property in place and remove myself from my company down to the two days per week. I have to agree with MJ's views about time because without it we cant do anything.

The only element I was really missing is the mentor stage as it can help having that third perspective on things you are doing, and I looked at this forum and unlike so many others this is active and full of no nonsense support, its great and why have one mentor when you can have access to this wealth of knowledge and help.

I look forward to posting and having items posted back on this site, its such a refreshing change, and I hope it will offer that removal of mental fog you get when dealing with day to day life.

I welcome any questions/challenges to expand thinking, and I hope very much if I can help others it is worth the time.

All the best and wishing everyone the upmost success.

C&S

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ya swung and missed on your first post, but hit the home run in the last. Thank you for the intro and welcome to the forum. :)

C & S

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
May 3, 2017
United Kingdom
Ya swung and missed on your first post, but hit the home run in the last. Thank you for the intro and welcome to the forum. :)

Thank you MJ

Never posted on a forum before (hence the first fail) so still getting used to how it all works.

Well done on this and congrats all over for the forum it's fab and I love it :thumbsup:.

All the best

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...