The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello, Time to Take Action

Jesse Harris

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Jan 11, 2020
I have been lurking on the forum for years, learning, learning, learning, but rarely doing.

Today I decided to join the forum and get involved. I am sure that I can help others along in their journey to the Fastlane, and possibly find a way for myself in the process.

Overcoming fear is a big problem for me. It is hard to quantify but even writing this introduction makes me feel fear. My logical brain obviously knows there is nothing to fear, but try to tell that to subconscious part.

I have read The Millionaire Fastlane a few times and Unscripted once. I have the skills, the knowledge, and wisdom; but I lack a strategy or tactics or belief to escape the Slowlane. I know part of it is limiting beliefs. That is why I plan to help others on this forum on their journey. I can help others AND through that process gain the missing pieces I need to finally move to the real Fastlane, and if I do not get all the pieces at least it was a better use of my time than playing video games and watching mindless youtube videos .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Apr 29, 2019
Welcome to the forum Jesse!

You say you wanna escape the slowlane.
How do you want to do it? What knowledge and wisdom do you have?

Jesse Harris

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Jan 11, 2020
Welcome to the forum Jesse!

You say you wanna escape the slowlane.
How do you want to do it? What knowledge and wisdom do you have?

Those are hard questions. I am fairly certain that I need to create something of value for the world, probably a business or something with a strong business component.

As far as knowledge and wisdom, I have read many of the perennial favorites of the business and self-help community. They expanded my mindset and beliefs. So did watching many, many hours of youtube videos on success and building a business. When I reread The Millionaire Fastlane last month, everything made sense but the phrase "common sense is rarely common practice" came to mind. I am making a conscious effort to stop trying to learn some mystical business secret or wait for the next best thing to wander along.

As far as knowledge, I have been a professional software engineer for the last 15 years or so with a degree in Computer Science and as of a few years ago an MBA. I have taught programming at the college level and consider myself to be highly proficient. That said, writing code for writing code sake has lost much of its luster. I much prefer looking at the value provided by technology and how business and technology are interconnected.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...