The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello, I'll be a Billionaire at 30.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
I swear, if someone comes in here with an outlandish claim, everyone has to come in and be snarky. Someone comes in with a well thought out and executable plan, no one says a word.
There is a lesson in it, don't you think?
Nobody cares about your plan. It doesn't benefit them. Mocking you provides amusement. Amusement is valuable.
What is wrong with Victor Pride ?
Nothing, I'm very proud of his victories.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Ok I'll bite... Let's say you make $1,000,000, please tell me how you will turn that into $1,000,000,000 by purchasing farm land in your area?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Someone comes in with a well thought out and executable plan, no one says a word.

Probably because it's well thought out. It's a trait of being a Fastlaner, things are thought through, the hood is lifted, and the thinking goes beyond just the next 24 hours. In other words, it's process oriented thinking. A post that has me nodding my head up and down might not get a response from me; a post that has me SMH and popping my eyeballs out in disappointment, well, you get the picture.

These threads gain traction because it's the opposite of "Fastlane"-- the proverbial bull in a china-shop. People who post such things clearly haven't thought things out. It's event-oriented thinking and when we see that here, it's almost comical.

Hi, what color Lamborghini will you buy?

Amen brotha!

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
What is wrong with Victor Pride ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I hear so many people talk about Victor Pride like he is the most inspirational person on the internet, and I personally can't stand him. I read a few of his blog posts and he is an extremely sexist and narcissistic and like Boxster said, he acts like he is some sort of God. I don't get why so many people like him so much.

Jon Snow, the reason why no one is taking you seriously is because big declarations mean nothing. Like MJ said, your plan isn't well thought out, it's just a big declaration with no real structure or plan behind it. If you already had a multi-million dollar business (or any legitimate business for that matter) and had a well thought out plan for how you are going to reach a billion, we maybe would have taken you seriously- but you didn't. We see so many of these types of posts on here, that to us, you are just one of the dozens of guys with no real plan who think they can make it big. If you are that serious about making a billion than do it- start executing and prove us wrong.

Last edited:

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
Thanks guys.... for your time
To be honest, I don't want to buy luxury...

I aim to collect as much as I can from being fastlaner, and then play monopoly game...
There're many opportunities to buy cheap farm land in my area...
I will go into that kind of game, but I need to gain some capital first.

How much capital do you need to start your monopoly farm?

If you have a great plan that will provide investors great returns, why put the effort into making the money yourself to fund your dream? You could bypass years of saving "fastlane money" with a good enough plan to bring investors and use their money instead of your own.

Hell, if the return is good enough I'll give you some capital..

*Patiently awaiting the plan*

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
Welcome to the forum and goodluck.

Due to people's competitive nature and grandiose desires you should come up with a real life "video game" which encourages people to do certain things for "Life Points". The more interesting the task completed, the more "Life Points" you earn. Like a real life Gamer Score...

For example, go watch the movie "The Interview", receive 10 points. Visit Italy, get 100. Become a member at Ape Index Rock Climbing Gym, get 50 more.

Keep everyone's points listed on a website with their rank. People would be fighting for the top. Because a high total would imply how "Cool" or "Adventurous" the individual is. People will eat that shit up.

Give businesses the opportunity to build "Missions" which encourage people to buy or use their products/services for a certain amount of points. Either charge the business to post a "Mission" or obtain a piece of the sale. They too, will eat that shit up.

Figure out how to verify the truthfulness of mission completion and award points thereafter. Maybe load the receipt or have the purchase number sent back to your verification database after the business captures the sale.

There ya go, Billion bucks.

Get To Work.

G

GuestUser113

Welcome to the forum and goodluck.

Due to people's competitive nature and grandiose desires you should come up with a real life "video game" which encourages people to do certain things for "Life Points". The more interesting the task completed, the more "Life Points" you earn. Like a real life Gamer Score...

For example, go watch the movie "The Interview", receive 10 points. Visit Italy, get 100. Become a member at Ape Index Rock Climbing Gym, get 50 more.

Keep everyone's points listed on a website with their rank. People would be fighting for the top. Because a high total would imply how "Cool" or "Adventurous" the individual is. People will eat that shit up.

Give businesses the opportunity to build "Missions" which encourage people to buy or use their products/services for a certain amount of points. Either charge the business to post a "Mission" or obtain a piece of the sale. They too, will eat that shit up.

Figure out how to verify the truthfulness of mission completion and award points thereafter. Maybe load the receipt or have the purchase number sent back to your verification database after the business captures the sale.

There ya go, Billion bucks.

Get To Work.

If you dont take this jon snow. I will!!

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Holy shnikeys...what if OP isn't in America...
Zimbabwe_%24100_trillion_2009_Obverse.jpg

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
I aim to collect as much as I can from being fastlaner, and then play monopoly game...
There're many opportunities to buy cheap farm land in my area...
I will go into that kind of game, but I need to gain some capital first.

I didn't want to be the one to break it to you but you missed the boat on the monopoly farm game. On the positive side, it'll only cost you $27 to get into that kind of game : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AS4PM6/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20
farmopoly.jpg

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a billionaire at age 30. But the problem is HOW. HOW does somebody actually do that?

There is so much work, challenges, failures and obstacles involved in that journey that its mind boggling. And the people who come into this forum and make big declarations like this can't even define those challenges let alone recognize them. The first sign that the system in their mind is wrong and inadequate, but it doesn't mean they can't improve it to be a better business person.

Think about how you would present your plan to a professional group of investors. Think about the challenging questions they would ask and the variables you have to define. Saying "Ima be a billionaire" will evoke a pathetic laugh from them.

I have said this over and over again, a lot of your success in business will come back to the quality of your business insights, the quality of your thinking in regards as to HOW to deliver and communicate value.

People here are so obsessed with big numbers that they don't realize that $100,000 or $250,000 is a shit ton of money too. Having that much money in the bank would leave you in a really good position to make more money. Think about how much time and freedom that buys you to pursue more?

Dude, if you were 30 years old with $250,000 in the bank. That would be F*cken incredible. Amazing. Awesome. And yet most people don't realize that. Most 30 year olds have nothing but $24.76 in the bank and CC debt. But nope, I wanna be a billionaire!

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a billionaire at age 30. But the problem is HOW. HOW does somebody actually do that?

There is so much work, challenges, failures and obstacles involved in that journey that its mind boggling. And the people who come into this forum and make big declarations like this can't even define those challenges let alone recognize them. The first sign that the system in their mind is wrong and inadequate, but it doesn't mean they can't improve it to be a better business person.

Think about how you would present your plan to a professional group of investors. Think about the challenging questions they would ask and the variables you have to define. Saying "Ima be a billionaire" will evoke a pathetic laugh from them.

I have said this over and over again, a lot of your success in business will come back to the quality of your business insights, the quality of your thinking in regards as to HOW to deliver and communicate value.
If someone came up to me and said "I'm gonna be a billionaire by 30, I'd make a face like Jafar from Aladdin and be like "good luck bro". If someone says "I have a plan for a business that will be worth a billion dollars," I'll be like "tell me about it, I'm interested".

The thing that the OP lacks is an idea that could actually make him a billionaire. His focus is on his own gratifications, which in this case would be becoming a billionaire. If he actually believes in his heart that he will be a billionaire, then good for him, I hope it happens for him. If he wants people on this forum to believe it, he must show us something valuable.

And as ridiculous as the joint farm-land-investing and app-developing goals sound, many people who make huge fortunes do buy up real-estate to diversify their wealth, and it's actually a good idea (P.S. to hand all your investing power over to some financial consultant). However, you should wait until after you have a super-successful app, THEN buy real-estate; and not some cheap farmland. Making that farmland valuable enough to actually make you a billionaire will take an ENORMOUS investment. It would be more worthwhile to invest in farmland that will be used buy a corporation, that they would pay big bucks to use. But definitely don't start off doing that if your actual plan is to be a billionaire.

So, now about that dating app...

D

DeletedUser394

Wait a couple more months, and then we'll all be Ruble billionaires.

These billionaire proclamations are annoying and naive.

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
Now I'm working on dating app for specific niche.
I'll focus on it, and I'm sure I'll kill it.

Welcome to the forum.

Few questions on this app.

1. How/Where will you get your initial users?
2. Why do you think others haven't been successful with a similar app
OR why do you think you are the first one to do it?

I'm asking these things, not to discourage you, but to get you to think if putting in months of your time on this app is the best way to get your initial capital. I can assure you that no matter how much you focus on it, you won't kill it/make lots of money unless the market allows you to.

Source: worked at a startup where we put out 7 apps that no one wanted that our CEO believed would work based on his own gut and the idea of "people don't know what they want".

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
I hear so many people talk about Victor Pride like he is the most inspirational person on the internet, and I personally can't stand him. I read a few of his blog posts and he is an extremely sexist and narcissistic and like Boxster said, he acts like he is some sort of God. I don't get why so many people like him so much.
I have no problem with sexism and narcissism. But I think his writing is sloppy, his products shit, and his message fluff said in a tough bro way. Again, I have no problem with that. If it sells, all is golden, as it's people who decide what is worth their money, not me.
What I do have a problem with is that by his own income report B&D is by no means this great business people go around shouting of. Money is all I care about. Even if he's doubled that in the last year, being B&D active since 2010, I don't see a model I want to follow as a businessman.
I'm not saying it's easy to make a 10k/month blog. I'm saying it's not something I would consider amazing business. Yeah, to the frustrated corporate rat he writes for looks like Heaven, but we should know better. Yeah, maybe he does what he cares about and passion and fulfilling and all. La-di-da.
Don't have to be a billionaire for that. I'll teach you how for $50. My qualifications? I have three girlfriends. I seriously should write a book. Was thinking about this last night.
You're late to the party. Also, three girlfriends? It's three too much.
Here we go again.

Fun fact: The large majority of billionaires never set out to be billionaires to begin with.

You're focusing on the wrong things.
Fun fact: that's something people always say here but there is no proof of. I don't think it's true at all. I think some wanted to and some just found themselves getting there. I think it doesn't F*cking matter if you want or not.
Source: worked at a startup where we put out 7 apps that no one wanted that our CEO believed would work based on his own gut and the idea of "people don't know what they want".
Oh, what an executive! He's only half wrong: people know what they want, but it's usually incredibly stupid things.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Fun fact: that's something people always say here but there is no proof of. I don't think it's true at all. I think some wanted to and some just found themselves getting there. I think it doesn't F*cking matter if you want or not.

Mark Cuban
Bill Gates
Warren Buffett
Oprah
Steve Jobs
Mark Zuckerberg

And may more...

If you look up these people lives, which are well documented, none of them dreamed of being a billionaire.

When asked, Bill Gates focused on doubling Microsoft's revenues every year - he never focused on having a net worth of $1b. It just happened.

Ever read Mark Cuban's book? Fascinating story - and he'll even tell you a bit of luck was involved in his tremendous success. He never had a goal of "become a billionaire."

Steven Jobs - when he had a net worth north of $100m, he knew he'd never have to worry about money again. He never even focused on money in the first place. He was then free to do what he wanted, and he ended up pioneering multiple billion dollar enterprises.

Everyone knows the story of Zuckerberg.

There's plenty of proof. Just because I didn't post it, doesn't mean I'm talking out my a$$.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Mark Cuban
Bill Gates
Warren Buffett
Oprah
Steve Jobs
Mark Zuckerberg

And may more...

If you look up these people lives, which are well documented, none of them dreamed of being a billionaire.

When asked, Bill Gates focused on doubling Microsoft's revenues every year - he never focused on having a net worth of $1b. It just happened.

Ever read Mark Cuban's book? Fascinating story - and he'll even tell you a bit of luck was involved in his tremendous success. He never had a goal of "become a billionaire."

Steven Jobs - when he had a net worth north of $100m, he knew he'd never have to worry about money again. He never even focused on money in the first place. He was then free to do what he wanted, and he ended up pioneering multiple billion dollar enterprises.

Everyone knows the story of Zuckerberg.

There's plenty of proof. Just because I didn't post it, doesn't mean I'm talking out my a$$.
I don't care about your examples, they don't prove anything. You are missing my point. You are equating the wanting to be a billionaire with what you do in business. It doesn't matter. It has no meaning at all.

And even if it had meaning, this is not a "large majority of billionaires". That would mean you have a statistical sample, which you don't.

By the way, three made their money in tech as innovators, one is an entertainer. Passion driven and not your usual businessmen. Buffett said "I always knew I was going to be rich. I don't think I ever doubted it for a minute", so let's not try to pass the guy like someone who wasn't try to get rich: he might not have set "billionaire" as a goal, but that's because is a stupid goal for someone starting out.

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Mark Cuban
Bill Gates

Bragged to his friends that he would be a billionaire by 31.

Mark Cuban

He has said in interviews that he knew he would be very rich. Can't say for sure if he was aiming for billionaire status.

There are currently around 1645 billionaires in the world. If you find sources on all of them and find the majority of them said they never expected to become billionaires, you can call it a fact. Otherwise, calling something a 'fact' and incorrect and misleading.

D

DeletedUser394

Who cares?

New Year's Resolution: Spend less time having ridiculously pointless debates on The Fastlane Forum.

Did a billionaire want to be a billionaire before becoming a billionaire? Is this seriously what is being argued right now?

Asking for empirical evidence about this nonsense is pointless.

This entire thread is pointless. This type of thread seems to be occurring more and more frequently.. like a plague of idiocy.

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
Hello brothers... sisters,

Quick intro about me:
I'm 25 years old. I've been in college and office job for years.
Decided to get out of it 4 months ago. Thanks to Victor Pride.
Now I am on my way to impact millions.

What I do now:
I save some money while I did my job.
Now I use them to fund my start up. Bootstrapping.
I'm sure I will make it happen...

Better get to work then son.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Who cares?

New Year's Resolution: Spend less time having ridiculously pointless debates on The Fastlane Forum.

Did a billionaire want to be a billionaire before becoming a billionaire? Is this seriously what is being argued right now?

Asking for empirical evidence about this nonsense is pointless.

This entire thread is pointless. This type of thread seems to be occurring more and more frequently.. like a plague of idiocy.

I was illustrating how ludicrous the notion of even how stating someone's intentions while building a business is. Obviously no one is actually going to collect interviews from all those people, and if they did, I won't be interested in listening to it.

Therefore, I'm not judging the OP based on his claims. Will he be a billionaire? Statistically it's not likely at all, but considering we live in a world where genetically engineered goats that produce spider-silk instead of milk exist, it's a safe assumption to say anything is possible.

That clearly went right over your head. Next time I'll use ---> >_> so you can sense the sarcasm.

Obviously this thread isn't pointless because it's gone to three pages already, and I'm constantly seeing new activity on it (which you yourself are contributing to). Someone somewhere is getting value from it.

Jon Snow

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Dec 30, 2014
First thing... thanks for all your times.
Yes, I've made a brave statement by wanting to be a billionaire... at 30.
I know it's a bit foolish. But I did that for a purpose.

To be honest, I don't really care about being billionaire more than building great products that people need, and give me a wealthy life as a result (3F - freedom, fitness, family). Buying farm lands are my plan to get a wealthy life for generations, cause I predict it'll be industrial area for at least 5 - 10 years ahead. It'll be a good investment for my childs and grandchilds. And at least, I have published two android apps (Kompas and Bold & Determined) that I like myself and some people use it too... don't have a plan to monetize 'em yet though. I just need to prove to myself that I can create product that other people use... it's some kind of excitement to see the growth number of people who install my products. It gives me more confident to execute the others.

Well, honestly I create this thread to prove the "Attention Economy" theory.
In the middle of those "usual" progress threads, thread like this can be an "ice-breaker", and attract people attention. That was my purpose, to get your attention. This is what happen with Kim Kardashian's a$$, right?

So... I apologize... it's been a great experiment, and I enjoy it.
At least, I can use this strategy to advertise my app later.

I take zero offence from all mocking in this thread.
As Digamma said, at least I give value by giving opportunities for you to mock me.
You enjoy it, don't you? Well, I enjoy it too...

Enough said. Gotta work.
At some point, this forum can be some kind of distraction for me, to feel that you've accomplished something, but you didn't.
So, I think I should use my time for the real work then.

See you later...

PS :
Thanks for the "Real Life Video Game" idea.
I'm the kind who believe that ideas area cheap.
We can take simple ideas, execute it greatly, and make money from it.
All the big fish actually take simple ideas, google, facebook, yahoo, whatsapp, even this forum itself.
I've done some research with people in my niche, and their respond is good enough.
It's a bit gamble, but I'm ready to do it, if it fails, then it fails, so I can pivot later... iterate faster is better, right?

~ I still want to be a billionaire... at least, before I die

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
First thing... thanks for all your times.
Yes, I've made a brave statement by wanting to be a billionaire... at 30.
I know it's a bit foolish. But I did that for a purpose.

To be honest, I don't really care about being billionaire more than building great products that people need, and give me a wealthy life as a result (3F - freedom, fitness, family). Buying farm lands are my plan to get a wealthy life for generations, cause I predict it'll be industrial area for at least 5 - 10 years ahead. It'll be a good investment for my childs and grandchilds. And at least, I have published two android apps (Kompas and Bold & Determined) that I like myself and some people use it too... don't have a plan to monetize 'em yet though. I just need to prove to myself that I can create product that other people use... it's some kind of excitement to see the growth number of people who install my products. It gives me more confident to execute the others.

Well, honestly I create this thread to prove the "Attention Economy" theory.
In the middle of those "usual" progress threads, thread like this can be an "ice-breaker", and attract people attention. That was my purpose, to get your attention. This is what happen with Kim Kardashian's a$$, right?

So... I apologize... it's been a great experiment, and I enjoy it.
At least, I can use this strategy to advertise my app later.

I take zero offence from all mocking in this thread.
As Digamma said, at least I give value by giving opportunities for you to mock me.
You enjoy it, don't you? Well, I enjoy it too...

Enough said. Gotta work.
At some point, this forum can be some kind of distraction for me, to feel that you've accomplished something, but you didn't.
So, I think I should use my time for the real work then.

See you later...

PS :
Thanks for the "Real Life Video Game" idea.
I'm the kind who believe that ideas area cheap.
We can take simple ideas, execute it greatly, and make money from it.
All the big fish actually take simple ideas, google, facebook, yahoo, whatsapp, even this forum itself.
I've done some research with people in my niche, and their respond is good enough.
It's a bit gamble, but I'm ready to do it, if it fails, then it fails, so I can pivot later... iterate faster is better, right?

~ I still want to be a billionaire... at least, before I die

I think your bravado just ticked a lot of people off. We want to see actually plans and value, not just claims. But people blew it way out of proportion; I don't think all the mocking was necessary.

Hope this doesn't deter you from posting here in the future. Just next time, try to have a little more to bring to the table.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.