The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Wisconsin!

kb9nate

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
May 23, 2019
Hello everyone,

I found out about TFL Forum about a year ago when I listened to the audio book version of The Millionaire Fastlane . I had found out about that book from another audio book I was listening to at the time that recommended it.

My area of expertise is in the electronics and software industry, for many years I was an electronic technician working on troubleshooting circuit boards and then started working for a software company about 4 years ago. Shortly after starting there I took it upon myself to learn how to code and started taking some online classes. Fast forward 3 years from when I started and the company I work for promoted me to an Engineer!

I enjoy what I do but have always wanted to be an entrepreneur and ultimately would like more freedom with my time. I am looking forward to see what I can learn from other people on the forum and also hope to contribute where I can!

Nate

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard, glad you found value in my work!

mindsetferg

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 29, 2019
California
Hello everyone,

I found out about TFL Forum about a year ago when I listened to the audio book version of The Millionaire Fastlane . I had found out about that book from another audio book I was listening to at the time that recommended it.

My area of expertise is in the electronics and software industry, for many years I was an electronic technician working on troubleshooting circuit boards and then started working for a software company about 4 years ago. Shortly after starting there I took it upon myself to learn how to code and started taking some online classes. Fast forward 3 years from when I started and the company I work for promoted me to an Engineer!

I enjoy what I do but have always wanted to be an entrepreneur and ultimately would like more freedom with my time. I am looking forward to see what I can learn from other people on the forum and also hope to contribute where I can!

Nate

Hi kb9nate,

It is wonderful that you seem to demonstrate an always be learning attitude and continue to build skills that are valuable.

Just to share a quick perspective, I've held a belief for quite a while that people who know coding/software (and become good at it) are incredibly capable of creating incredibly valuable websites and apps that can turn into successful ventures.

What do you think your challenges are ahead, considering you most definitely have the skills to build?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kb9nate

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
May 23, 2019
Hi kb9nate,

It is wonderful that you seem to demonstrate an always be learning attitude and continue to build skills that are valuable.

Just to share a quick perspective, I've held a belief for quite a while that people who know coding/software (and become good at it) are incredibly capable of creating incredibly valuable websites and apps that can turn into successful ventures.

What do you think your challenges are ahead, considering you most definitely have the skills to build?

Hi mindsetferg,

I think for me the biggest challenge is picking a direction to go and/or trying to think of a fastlane idea/product/business.

I have mostly been focusing on embedded programming and also am pretty good at creating 3D models and 3D printing proofs of concepts. So I tend to think more on the device side of things. But there is also a lot involved with designing hardware and getting it manufactured and certified if need be, so lately I have been contemplating if I should switch my focus more towards web development or mobile app development. I have one android app development class in already, so I am atleast somewhat familiar with that. But I really enjoy creating hardware. Although I realize that making a career out of programming is not necessarily fast lane unless I can apply it in such a way as to make something that is scaleable and sellable.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...