Liz Stratton
New Contributor
- Joined
- Mar 17, 2019
- Messages
- 1
Rep Bank
$90
$90
User Power: 200%
Hi, my name is Liz and I am really happy to be part of this forum. I will try to keep my post fairly brief but want to give you an insight into my journey so far.
I have read The Millionaire Fastlane and felt challenged and inspired by it and am now reading Unscripted which resonates with me so much it's incredible! Everything you write @MJ DeMarco is how I have been feeling for so long but I guess I have been too indoctrinated by the Script all my life. You see I am 50 years old this year and have been a true Slowlaner with a bit of Sidewalk thrown in, I have had a variety of different careers including nursing and teaching English and currently work for a large educational organisation heading up a big service area. I have been there 12 years this year and feel totally institutionalised! I set up my own business years ago which failed and I lost some money and since then I have been sucked into the Script fully. I have also written about 7000 words of a novel and lots of poems but done nothing more. I have debt and other commitments however I have been retraining alongside my day job and intend to break free and set up my own business in Therapy and Coaching. I work every evening on assignments and am building my own website but the jump to leave my full-time employment will be huge. I am committed and determined and have had many FT moments but no FT event as yet, but I think it is coming! Unscripted has made me think more widely and challenged some of my root beliefs, the 'do what you love' has had me fooled for a while and I can now see the importance of having a business through which I can make money when I am not 'working' although I accept that this may be a little way in the future! I am thinking more outside the box now and looking at where I can identify gaps in the market. I know I am probably a lot older than most people on here but am hoping to learn a lot from like-minded people and so thank you for allowing me to join
Liz
I have read The Millionaire Fastlane and felt challenged and inspired by it and am now reading Unscripted which resonates with me so much it's incredible! Everything you write @MJ DeMarco is how I have been feeling for so long but I guess I have been too indoctrinated by the Script all my life. You see I am 50 years old this year and have been a true Slowlaner with a bit of Sidewalk thrown in, I have had a variety of different careers including nursing and teaching English and currently work for a large educational organisation heading up a big service area. I have been there 12 years this year and feel totally institutionalised! I set up my own business years ago which failed and I lost some money and since then I have been sucked into the Script fully. I have also written about 7000 words of a novel and lots of poems but done nothing more. I have debt and other commitments however I have been retraining alongside my day job and intend to break free and set up my own business in Therapy and Coaching. I work every evening on assignments and am building my own website but the jump to leave my full-time employment will be huge. I am committed and determined and have had many FT moments but no FT event as yet, but I think it is coming! Unscripted has made me think more widely and challenged some of my root beliefs, the 'do what you love' has had me fooled for a while and I can now see the importance of having a business through which I can make money when I am not 'working' although I accept that this may be a little way in the future! I am thinking more outside the box now and looking at where I can identify gaps in the market. I know I am probably a lot older than most people on here but am hoping to learn a lot from like-minded people and so thank you for allowing me to join
Liz
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
