The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from W. Michigan

MickeyDee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 26, 2008
West Michigan
I've been a lurker for a long time and finally made the move to join. I found this site recommended by someone on the richdad site. I'm from the Grand Rapids area, own and operate a small residential and commercial cleaning company, and invest in real estate. We have a couple of single family rentals and a small apartment building, and are always looking for the next good deal. I like this site and have used it for inspiration on many occasions. I hope to be able to contribute in a meanigful way. MickeyDee

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hola and welcome! A little less *noise* here than there!

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Welcome!

Are you able to utilize your connections from the cleaning business to work out potential deals, or is it mainly to provide a steady income source?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Welcome. There should be lots of RE deals available in the Detroit area of Mich. Good luck.:cheers:

Greg

MickeyDee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 26, 2008
West Michigan
Mainly for income. Wish it would do more...major competition because of the economy here! Hopefully RE will provide a little velocity. Lots of deals in this area. Currently waiting to go see a SFH 2 bd 800 sq ft bank owned listed for just under $10K. Could rent for around $550/mo after repairs. Sounds better than cleaning to me!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
MickeyDee, welcome aboard.

You are following 'the' formula described by Kiyosaki to become rich. Take money from your business and invest in RE that produces passive income.

How small is your apartment building? what's the price per unit over there? average rents per unit? Do you manage it yourself or you have a PM?

MickeyDee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 26, 2008
West Michigan
Very small. We have 5 units total. Talking to a potential seller about another 6, and looking for another SF rehab. Average price per unit is high $30's. Some Single family Bank Owned props are so cheap that the price per unit # makes me wonder? Several in the area we deal in are under $20K and a few under $10K. I hope we are getting close to the bottom! We are just finishing one that we purchased from HUD. The after repaired value is almost 2.5 times purchase price.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...