- Joined
- Jan 5, 2016
- Messages
- 46
Rep Bank
$395
$395
User Power: 115%
Hi everyone,
My name is Brian, I'm a 22 year old from Ottawa, Ontario, and I came here to gain/give knowledge, network, and seek/give advice.
I graduated from college in April with a diploma in Electrical Engineering Tech
Go into a skilled trade they said, you'll never be unemployed they said....they were wrong
I graduated and quickly found no employment in my field. Even with my education, and good connections, I could not find work as an apprentice. The skilled labor shortage that they preached to us in highschool still has not come to fruition.
I decided not to fret over my lack of desired job and quickly packed up my belongings and moved out to western Canada where I enjoyed the best summer of my life. I spent my days working a hotel maintenance job and spent my evenings and weekends hiking, fishing, mountain biking, canoeing and enjoying the beauty of the land. I topped off the summer with a 3 week California surf trip in a little 2001 Toyota Echo. The perfect summer.
I came to the realization that I was truly at my happiest when I was downhill mountain biking, surfing, and downhill skiing. These are things that put me into a state of flow and man is that an addicting feeling.
During this time I was hit with the entrepreneurial spirit like a train. A fire was lit in me in June and it is still very much alive. My friend and I would talk entrepreneurship every day, exchanging and exploring multiple business opportunities. He had already dabbled in a couple small "side hustles" and had read a few business books, his favourite being the TMF . I would listen to audiobook after audiobook all day at my job, stock piling knowledge in my notebook that I could later deploy when the proper opportunity presented it self.
In the past month's I've explored many area's of business, but mostly creating brands using crowdfunding and , most recently, Amazon FBA. A week ago my friend sent me a link to IceCreamKid's Carpet Cleaning thread. After reading that knowledge bomb, and others on this site, I decided to finally buy TMF on audible and join this forum.
So here I am.
I think I've finally settled on a business plan that hit's all my checkmarks. My goal is to create a sustainable e-commerce business / brand that will allow me to have the freedom to pursue my passions. Having a mansion is nice and all but I want to spend my money taking surf and ski trips all over the world....a couple sports cars won't hurt either.
I am extremely excited to learn and grow with everyone on this forum.
Cheers!
-Brian
My name is Brian, I'm a 22 year old from Ottawa, Ontario, and I came here to gain/give knowledge, network, and seek/give advice.
I graduated from college in April with a diploma in Electrical Engineering Tech
Go into a skilled trade they said, you'll never be unemployed they said....they were wrong
I graduated and quickly found no employment in my field. Even with my education, and good connections, I could not find work as an apprentice. The skilled labor shortage that they preached to us in highschool still has not come to fruition.
I decided not to fret over my lack of desired job and quickly packed up my belongings and moved out to western Canada where I enjoyed the best summer of my life. I spent my days working a hotel maintenance job and spent my evenings and weekends hiking, fishing, mountain biking, canoeing and enjoying the beauty of the land. I topped off the summer with a 3 week California surf trip in a little 2001 Toyota Echo. The perfect summer.
I came to the realization that I was truly at my happiest when I was downhill mountain biking, surfing, and downhill skiing. These are things that put me into a state of flow and man is that an addicting feeling.
During this time I was hit with the entrepreneurial spirit like a train. A fire was lit in me in June and it is still very much alive. My friend and I would talk entrepreneurship every day, exchanging and exploring multiple business opportunities. He had already dabbled in a couple small "side hustles" and had read a few business books, his favourite being the TMF . I would listen to audiobook after audiobook all day at my job, stock piling knowledge in my notebook that I could later deploy when the proper opportunity presented it self.
In the past month's I've explored many area's of business, but mostly creating brands using crowdfunding and , most recently, Amazon FBA. A week ago my friend sent me a link to IceCreamKid's Carpet Cleaning thread. After reading that knowledge bomb, and others on this site, I decided to finally buy TMF on audible and join this forum.
So here I am.
I think I've finally settled on a business plan that hit's all my checkmarks. My goal is to create a sustainable e-commerce business / brand that will allow me to have the freedom to pursue my passions. Having a mansion is nice and all but I want to spend my money taking surf and ski trips all over the world....a couple sports cars won't hurt either.
I am extremely excited to learn and grow with everyone on this forum.
Cheers!
-Brian
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
