The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Tucson

CactusWren

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jan 5, 2008
Arizona
Finally biting the bullet after months of lurking...:)

Here's my story:

Started reading RD books about 5-6 years ago. My husband and I have attended about 5 of their workshops between us. The bottom line is we need to lose our fear.

This is what we have done in the last few years (not in order!), since trying to change our mentality:
1. Got our kids into a Waldorf school.
2. Bought a surplus business affiliate franchise that did not make money, tried to make it work for almost two years.
3. Got into network marketing for about two years same lame results.
4. Own a triplex and a SFR that we rent out profitably.
5. Tried options trading for a year or two. Mostly covered calls quite successfully.
6. Did some tax liens successfully.
7. Currently starting an online business that appears promising , it has had more sales than either the surplus business or network marketing businesses combined.

Wow! I love this website already, I thought we were only just at the beginning, but we have really tried a lot of things and learned a ton.

The bottom line is we need to invest a lot more in RE and get out of the rat race. We did make about 6-10 offers last year, but ended up not buying anything. It's actually funny because we are not even making ends meet right now. My husband is looking for a job and my part time job at the school does not make much more than get us some tuition remission for the girls! Yes, RE investments rock!

Looking forward to sharing and learning,

--Cynthia:tiphat:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
Welcome - a bunch of us are up north of you in Phoenix.

BTW, I was a huge fan of real estate until about 3 years ago, mainly for the tax advantages we used to get. These days I prefer a business to build wealth fast. Then - take the excess cash and invest in real estate.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Cynthia!

Welcome - a bunch of us are up north of you in Phoenix.

BTW, I was a huge fan of real estate until about 3 years ago, mainly for the tax advantages we used to get. These days I prefer a business to build wealth fast. Then - take the excess cash and invest in real estate.

Hmmm ... Diane must have a clairvoyant view into the details of my book. :smxB:

CactusWren

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jan 5, 2008
Arizona
Thanks for the welcome. I'm already learning tons here. :banana:

Diane - I've read your RD book a few years ago. I was even one of many at one of the RD seminars where you spoke.

I just read your story and loved it. The phrase about masses and classes has struck a cord...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
Welcome Cynthia!

Hmmm ... Diane must have a clairvoyant view into the details of my book. :smxB:

Hey MJ - it's just common sense...but uncommon wisdom to write a book about it. I can't wait for you to finish the book!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...