The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Hello from Tucson

CactusWren

Contributor
Jan 5, 2008
Arizona
Finally biting the bullet after months of lurking...:)

Here's my story:

Started reading RD books about 5-6 years ago. My husband and I have attended about 5 of their workshops between us. The bottom line is we need to lose our fear.

This is what we have done in the last few years (not in order!), since trying to change our mentality:
1. Got our kids into a Waldorf school.
2. Bought a surplus business affiliate franchise that did not make money, tried to make it work for almost two years.
3. Got into network marketing for about two years same lame results.
4. Own a triplex and a SFR that we rent out profitably.
5. Tried options trading for a year or two. Mostly covered calls quite successfully.
6. Did some tax liens successfully.
7. Currently starting an online business that appears promising , it has had more sales than either the surplus business or network marketing businesses combined.

Wow! I love this website already, I thought we were only just at the beginning, but we have really tried a lot of things and learned a ton.

The bottom line is we need to invest a lot more in RE and get out of the rat race. We did make about 6-10 offers last year, but ended up not buying anything. It's actually funny because we are not even making ends meet right now. My husband is looking for a job and my part time job at the school does not make much more than get us some tuition remission for the girls! Yes, RE investments rock!

Looking forward to sharing and learning,

--Cynthia:tiphat:

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2007
Welcome - a bunch of us are up north of you in Phoenix.

BTW, I was a huge fan of real estate until about 3 years ago, mainly for the tax advantages we used to get. These days I prefer a business to build wealth fast. Then - take the excess cash and invest in real estate.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Welcome Cynthia!

Welcome - a bunch of us are up north of you in Phoenix.

BTW, I was a huge fan of real estate until about 3 years ago, mainly for the tax advantages we used to get. These days I prefer a business to build wealth fast. Then - take the excess cash and invest in real estate.
Hmmm ... Diane must have a clairvoyant view into the details of my book. :smxB:

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2007
Welcome Cynthia!

Hmmm ... Diane must have a clairvoyant view into the details of my book. :smxB:
Hey MJ - it's just common sense...but uncommon wisdom to write a book about it. I can't wait for you to finish the book!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I really enjoyed the course actually. It's exactly what's needed to set off in the part-time freelancing direction. Taken a few courses before...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom