The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from the UK

Aardvark

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
May 16, 2017
England
Hello Everyone,

Thank you @MJ DeMarco for writing The Millionaire Fastlane , its completely changed my mindset and potentially my life.

So first the boring bit, I'm from the UK (Manchester way), I'm 30 years old, married, 2 awesome children, currently in the slowlane working a sales job while I've been scratching my head (and a$$) for the last 5 years or so.

I first read TMF around 2 years ago and planned on making wholesale changes to my life but never got round to it, you know what it's like, "I've got bills to pay, food to put on the table, Netflix to watch...."
All the really important stuff got in the way o_O

Fast forward to April 2017, I had my 30th birthday, realised that time was ticking away and I still hadn't started what I 'swore' I would do... Build my own business. I had plenty of ideas what to do but none really jumped out, they either required too much start up capital or, let's be honest, too much work. Anyway, this month my wife received a Subscription Box and I saw it and realised that I could make something similar but better, I could offer more value and in my opinion do a better job of marketing it. In the UK subscriptions boxes still aren't that big or well known.

So I'm half way through re-reading TMF and I've started taking massive action. I started building the website this weekend and I have the structure done, just need to sort out the actual content. I have priced the products that I need, have a few quotes for packaging and have had a good scout of the competition. I'm going to enter the pre-launch phase at the end of this month while I finalise the product and hope to launch completely at the end of July.

So once again thank you MJ.

Aard

P.S. if anyone has any experience in setting up a Subscription Box in the UK or US I'd be more than happy to be given advice or tips. I cant really offer anything back at the moment except holiday/vacation advice

:smile:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, glad you enjoyed TMF .

30 is really young, all it takes is a few years to really, really change your life.

Aardvark

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
May 16, 2017
England
Welcome my friend, glad you enjoyed TMF .

30 is really young, all it takes is a few years to really, really change your life.

Thanks for taking the time to respond @MJ DeMarco

30 is really young, however my children are 5 and 1 and I want to be able to take them to school and spend as much time with them as possible. I read somewhere that once you leave your parents you have already spent 90% of the amount of time you will generally spend with your parents all your life. I want to be there for my children and more importantly I want to show them that they don't have to be a slave to someone else.

Aard

:smile:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.