Greetings,
I've been a lurker here for probably a year or more, and I've been meaning to introduce myself and start participating, but never took the time. I'm just sitting down to analyze some stocks and figured I do it now before I forget again.
A large percentage of my family are business people and I always knew that one day I'd join them in working for myself. I spent quite a bit of my childhood raking leaves, having garage sales, collecting cans and whatever else me and my friends could come up with to make money. About 10-12 years ago I discovered that there's more to just games on the internet, you could actually make money from it. I then spent the better part of a decade trying to do just that, but it wasn't until the latter years that I finally learned how it's done, instead of investing in scams.
I ended up making small amounts of money from that, but after trying to really make it work, I had a realization. I hate technology. I hate cell phones, as well as most other gadgets and gizmos that are out there these days. I know some of that stuff is useful, I do have a cell phone myself. But most of it annoys me, and I like nothing more than to shut it all off and go out into the wilderness and just relax.
Once I realized that, I realized that I was trying to be successful online solely for the money, not because I was doing something I loved. My passion is stocks and real estate. So I sold all my sites, and got out of everything I was doing to concentrate on my true passions in life, and since then I think I've finally started thriving. Sometimes I think of all the time I "wasted" doing that internet stuff instead of being a kid like I should have, you're only a kid once, (a fair warning to you youngsters, you'll grow up and be business people soon enough, don't miss out on being a kid, it's gone way too quick), but what's done is done, and I did learn some valuable lessons from that time that I can now apply.
I recently got married in July, and thanks to smart real estate decisions by both of us over the past number of years, we're 24 year olds with a net worth approaching $600,000. And we recently used the equity in our house to gain a line of credit in order to purchase a project house to flip, (I'll make a different post in the appropriate section about it later). It's my first true flip, I'm pretty excited about it and am looking forward to the future in this line of work.
I'm currently at a crossroads right now with this and my day job, so over the next few weeks I'm gonna have to make some tough decisions on whether to try and juggle both at the same time, or go for it on my own full time. I'm a railway conductor as my day job, and while there is some very cool things about that, such as getting paid low 6 figures to play with trains, there are also more downsides then most people realize with the job. I'm not feeling God is calling me back to do that, I feel that part of my life is done and it's time to move on to what I'm meant to do. I guess as Eminem said, "Feet fail me not 'cause this may be the only opportunity that I got"
I've been a lurker here for probably a year or more, and I've been meaning to introduce myself and start participating, but never took the time. I'm just sitting down to analyze some stocks and figured I do it now before I forget again.
A large percentage of my family are business people and I always knew that one day I'd join them in working for myself. I spent quite a bit of my childhood raking leaves, having garage sales, collecting cans and whatever else me and my friends could come up with to make money. About 10-12 years ago I discovered that there's more to just games on the internet, you could actually make money from it. I then spent the better part of a decade trying to do just that, but it wasn't until the latter years that I finally learned how it's done, instead of investing in scams.
I ended up making small amounts of money from that, but after trying to really make it work, I had a realization. I hate technology. I hate cell phones, as well as most other gadgets and gizmos that are out there these days. I know some of that stuff is useful, I do have a cell phone myself. But most of it annoys me, and I like nothing more than to shut it all off and go out into the wilderness and just relax.
Once I realized that, I realized that I was trying to be successful online solely for the money, not because I was doing something I loved. My passion is stocks and real estate. So I sold all my sites, and got out of everything I was doing to concentrate on my true passions in life, and since then I think I've finally started thriving. Sometimes I think of all the time I "wasted" doing that internet stuff instead of being a kid like I should have, you're only a kid once, (a fair warning to you youngsters, you'll grow up and be business people soon enough, don't miss out on being a kid, it's gone way too quick), but what's done is done, and I did learn some valuable lessons from that time that I can now apply.
I recently got married in July, and thanks to smart real estate decisions by both of us over the past number of years, we're 24 year olds with a net worth approaching $600,000. And we recently used the equity in our house to gain a line of credit in order to purchase a project house to flip, (I'll make a different post in the appropriate section about it later). It's my first true flip, I'm pretty excited about it and am looking forward to the future in this line of work.
I'm currently at a crossroads right now with this and my day job, so over the next few weeks I'm gonna have to make some tough decisions on whether to try and juggle both at the same time, or go for it on my own full time. I'm a railway conductor as my day job, and while there is some very cool things about that, such as getting paid low 6 figures to play with trains, there are also more downsides then most people realize with the job. I'm not feeling God is calling me back to do that, I feel that part of my life is done and it's time to move on to what I'm meant to do. I guess as Eminem said, "Feet fail me not 'cause this may be the only opportunity that I got"
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
