The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from NZ

Mr K

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jan 14, 2008
Hi there

I've just joined up here and wanted to wave Hi to everyone. Why am I here? I'm a new dad (yeah) and I really want to give my daughter every opportunity I can - I don't want to spoil her (well not too much) but I want to help create for her an understanding of money & wealth.

I'd like to use my many skills to reach up and grab at serious wealth - something no one else in my family has ever done before.

My background is varied, I've been in the internet industry for 14 years, I've run my own company, I've run other peoples companies. I've had ideas before that I have built up to prototypes - I've had companies like AT&T express interest in ideas I've worked on.

I'm looking to expand my network, and I've started blogging again at www.studiowhiz.com with information to help others grow wealth from the online realm.

So that's me ... I'm also into cars, living life and gardening - feel free to say Hi

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Welcome Mr. K. Glad you are here.:cheers:

Greg

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
Welcome to the site! I think you will find it very interesting AND addicting at times. I have 3 questions for you.

Since a recent "hot topic" of the forum right now is a growth spurt we are experiencing, how did you learn about the forum?

Why did your ideas/projects stop at the prototype stage?

And what kind of cars are you into? :)

Again welcome, I know you will enjoy your stay!

Mr K

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jan 14, 2008
Hi there

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it and look forward to getting to know some of you more in the coming months.

1) How did I find the site - gosh I really have to rack my brains here. I work in the internet industry & as such part of my job is to monitor the web trends etc. So I spend a lot of time looking. I think from memory I find a site on www.popurls.com that talked about this one - can't for the life of me remember that site. Still I"m here now.

2) Why did my ideas stop at prototype stage. Well lets see, a couple of them stalled because I couldn't raise the cash to continue. New Zealand can be a very small place and doesn't have access to resources such as Y!Combinator etc to really help with seed capital etc to launch ideas. One idea in particular however I partnered with a contact in the USA. Through this contact we lined up an investor & had intention from Cingular Wireless (now AT&T) to look at rolling our solution out to all web ready mobiles. It would have been huge if the investor didn't suddenly loose millions to a staff member who was embezzling funds *sigh* and around the same time AT&T bought Cingular and walked away from any intention. (we were 7days way from having the intention in writing)

I've a couple of other ideas, one in the clothing space that works with the social networks, yet the hurdles faced to produce are scaring off most investors *sigh*

3) Oh gosh what cars am I into? I'm a true petrol head I love a big American classic as much as I love the Exotic Italians, the quick Japanese and ... well if it's got 4 wheels and an engine - throw me at it. Right now I'm driving an 18yr old Toyota Hilux (see recent 4x4 trip photos) I down graded to that truck from an Altezza RS200z to pay off some debt on my wifes Suzuki Swift. Sadly my $3000 truck just cost me $2700 (I don't have right now) to put a new clutch & cambelt in.

So right now it's nose to the grindstone *sigh* ... so much for 2008 being the year I finally break free of debt (well other than the mortgage)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome sir ... nice to see someone from the other side of the planet! Small world!

Mr K

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jan 14, 2008
Small world is right! I used to do a bit of contract work for US based clients.

@Jorge - I like your attitude & I have a personal goal to lift my personal income from $100k to $200K+ this year ... which means I need to really look for and take some consulting roles etc outside my day job (with a 3 month baby in the house I think I'll stay full time employed for the immediate future)

@PhxMJ: LOVE the car pic you have there. Life is for the living ey!!

Anyone here into property? I need some advice. We bought our first home 18months ago with the NZ rate at 7.75% I fixed for 2 years ... and now we are facing almost 10% when we go to renew in 6 months ..... I don't know that I can afford the increase in payments *SIGH*

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Anyone here into property? I need some advice. We bought our first home 18months ago with the NZ rate at 7.75% I fixed for 2 years ... and now we are facing almost 10% when we go to renew in 6 months ..... I don't know that I can afford the increase in payments *SIGH*
Don't say you won't be able to afford it in 6 months. Instead, figure out HOW you can create enough income to be able to afford.

How about trying to find another property that you can buy with $0 down that cashflows? What's RE like in NZ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...