The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Kentucky, Business is Growing!

Mike S

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jun 25, 2019
Crestview Hills KY
Good morning all, I'm from Kentucky, home of Bluegrass music, Bourbon, and Thoroughbreds! I just finished Millionaire Fastlane and it was a total validation of the business my partner and I have created over the past 10 years of hard work and perseverance. We literally started with $400 and a handshake! Totally bootstrapped the entire thing.

Our original concept was to build small business websites by subscription as opposed to the traditional fee for service model back then. I literally went door to door selling websites while my partner built them. We challenged ourselves with how to scale this and after several years figured it out. Once we figured out how to scale we then broke down the elements of web-dev and discovered the bottleneck was in content collection and/or creation.

It was at that time the light bulb went off and we decided to become a white label provider of web-dev for ad agencies. Through old school salesmanship and a selling process that I developed we grew to a national provider of white label web-dev serving over 200 agencies around the country and building upwards of 100 sites per month. The secret sauce was that to get our extremely low web-dev rates they had to use our hosting and support package (enter the recurring revenue model!) We offered hosting and unlimited support for $19 per month.

In doing so, the agencies could not only monetize our websites but our support packages as well. We had strict requirements that their clients could not know who we were, thus only having our PMs talk to a knowledgable agency representative.

Revenues continued to grow and we have moved on and now are doing white label work for one of the largest credit card processors in the US and globally. This is a fine line on the control aspect of what we are doing but we've developed and own the platforms on which our work is performed so we maintain a high level of control. We are approaching $100K monthly revenue threshold and expect to double that within the next 2 years as the recurring revenue maintains an almost 98% retention rate.

Our ultimate goal is to build our value and sell the company. My partner and I maintain a high degree of location independence and have systems in place where we can be gone for weeks/months at a time and things continue to rock. I'm looking forward to reading Unscripted and participating in this forum. That's all for now, time to check our bank account and see what came in overnight.

Mike

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Awesome intro Mike, great to have another entrepreneur deep in the trenches and getting stuff done!!

Welcome aboard.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Glad to have found this and found another KY person.

I live just minutes outside Louisville and drive towards your area several times a year.

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
Welcome and congratulations on your success. We have a lot to learn from you. As I said before, man I love your Bourbon (I stand corrected, I said Whiskey before and got reprimended :rofl: ).

have fun!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...