The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Net-Worth Is Growing, Will Reach 1 Million Soon

ueki94

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 10, 2013
Hey forum,

Sorry for my overly duchy thread title, while my net worth is growing (saving money here and there), my path to 1 million net-worth will still take a few years.

The goal of this thread was to find a mentor.
I dont really care if nothing comes out of this, I guess I have nothing to lose, so why not.

I am not trying to leech anyone's success, I believe I can reach my goals alone, but there is no doubt having a mentor would make everything faster.

I started entrepreneurship when I was 14-15 years old, made my first money online at 16, at 17 I was earning slightly more than most people out of college, through internet marketing, and it took me 1 hour per day at most.

I didn't really like the fact that I was not the guy in charge, so I eventually started to get more into business, last year I made my first business venture, my vision was to create a male version of Lulu (for those of you who dont know, Lulu is a girl only app to rate hookups).
I found myself 4 other entrepreneurs to partner with my on my venture and since then we've always been working together, the app was complete in 2 months and in 1 week we had 3k downloads, with a valuation of $150k and 50 people wanting to invest on it.

Unfortunately, facebook didn't like our app and eventually banned us, saying we can't rate people without their consent (even though Lulu was doing this since the start).

After that project, one of the investors (owner of the biggest UK based social gaming company) decided to mentor 2 of my business partners, who live nearby his office.

We're now working on a anonymous chat platform, which uses top-notch technology to deliver cross-platform video chat to both mobile and web devices, also have about 10 other promising projects.

Too Long Didn't Read:
->Started entrepreneurship when I was 14 yo.
->Made avg money with internet marketing at 16-17.
->Made my first dive into business at 19, in 3 months created an app which was valued at $150k.
->My app was banned by facebook 1 week into launching (rating and ranking people who didn't opt-in).
->UK Business partners get mentored by owner of the biggest UK based social gaming company.
->My next project will be launched within 1 month, and have about 10 new projects waiting in queue.
->Looking for a mentor to help me reach my goals faster.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
Hi @ueki94 , your participation in this community over time is what will help folks get to know you, and build relationships.

Your post was a little bit cart-before-the-horse. We're hardly acquainted at the moment.

ueki94

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 10, 2013
Hi @ueki94 , your participation in this community over time is what will help folks get to know you, and build relationships.

Your post was a little bit cart-before-the-horse. We're hardly acquainted at the moment.
I see what you're saying.

I read a lot of posts here, but I dont really post often, I find it hard to work most of my day and still participate often.

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
You're asking someone to give to you, but you haven't shown your value or given to anyone else first.

It's the ole 'people want to do business with someone they know, like, and trust.'

Maybe join the INSIDERS, and work on a progress thread if you are serious.

ueki94

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 10, 2013
You're asking someone to give to you, but you haven't shown your value or given to anyone else first.

It's the ole 'people want to do business with someone they know, like, and trust.'

Maybe join the INSIDERS, and work on a progress thread if you are serious.

I see, will do that.

But I talked a bit on my previous ventures in the original post, I can elaborate more or show proof of the valuation and investors if needed.

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
I see, will do that.

Ok, good. We'll see if you do.

But I talked a bit on my previous ventures in the original post, I can elaborate more or show proof of the valuation and investors if needed.

So far this is all about YOU, YOU, YOU.

"Nobody cares."

"Nobody cares about you."

So far you haven't given anybody here a reason to care what happens to you.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I dont really care if nothing comes out of this, I guess I have nothing to lose, so why not.
I am not trying to leech anyone's success, I believe I can reach my goals alone, but there is no doubt having a mentor would make everything faster.

Generally not a good way to approach potential mentors. If you would approach a girl like that you'd get rejected right away, don't ya think? Why should I mentor you instead of 1000 other people who ask the same?

Welcome and I look forward to see your progress thread soon :)

ueki94

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 10, 2013
f you would approach a girl like that you'd get rejected right away, don't ya think? Why should I mentor you instead of 1000 other people who ask the same?

Dont take my post as a strategy or something, I was just excited that my business partners got a mentor and made the post to see if
what would come out of this.

If I was a successful entrepreneur who wanted to give out to others, I would honestly coach someone like me, I have a history of execution, have had successful projects in the past and am 100% sure I will reach a big success soon.

I will be making a progress thread today, as you guys suggested, and will get more in depth on what I did so far, what I am doing in the future, etc.

Then again, I think finding a mentor is something which can speed my way to fastlane success alot, and I'd be glad if you're interested in mentoring me.

ck4750

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
Missouri
Ya man, that's one of my goals as well. But that doesn't come without providing value and continuing to provide value to whomever takes you under their wing. Patience grasshopper.

Good Luck!

Thoelk

Artificial Psycho
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 18, 2014
Belgium
I don't post here often, nor have I started my fastlane... I'm still "stalling" and reading until I feel confident, to start my project... I know, shame on me.. But it's my own battle, my own progress I'm going through.

Even though my situation is like this... I don't want a mentor, I want a mentor to want me (as his pupil). That way, I know that I'm on to something, as I'm getting noticed by someone with experience. But someone with experience will only want me, if he sees that I'm taking action and put myself into the fireline... Not by self-promoting.

I hope you understand my message! :)

ueki94

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 10, 2013
I don't post here often, nor have I started my fastlane... I'm still "stalling" and reading until I feel confident, to start my project... I know, shame on me.. But it's my own battle, my own progress I'm going through.

Even though my situation is like this... I don't want a mentor, I want a mentor to want me (as his pupil). That way, I know that I'm on to something, as I'm getting noticed by someone with experience. But someone with experience will only want me, if he sees that I'm taking action and put myself into the fireline... Not by self-promoting.

I hope you understand my message! :)

I do understand, and I thought the same way.

Mentors have come in contact with my team, but due to circumstances (being in a different country, my tasks being tech related and not Marketing/CFO) the mentor decided to mentor 2 of my partners who live in the same country as him, while I have yet to come in contact with him.

Long story short, if you are just a tech co-founder on your startups, and dont live in the same country as the Marketing co-founders (who usually do all the social work), you have a much lower chance of actually comming in contact with a mentor.

DKNJ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 20, 2014
New Jersey
ueki94. We seem to be in similar boats. Well only in the sense of looking for help. I am more of a noob to this community. I know I lack the people skills because I'm the type to try and be a one man army or a go getter by myself. I've had trouble trusting people as a team. But we are definitely in the right place. I am seeking guidance with my project without looking as if I have nothing to contribute or coming off as too needy. I am waiting for my hard cover of TMF to arrive as well as how to win friends & influence people because I need to work on my people skills as well. I'm trying to learn more before I feel that I have the right mind to contribute. It looks as if you have a lot on your plate. From what I've learned it seems best to break them down into little projects putting the more important ones first. I hope you do well and am interested in the outcome. I would love to making websites one day too.

ueki94

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 10, 2013
ueki94. We seem to be in similar boats. Well only in the sense of looking for help. I am more of a noob to this community. I know I lack the people skills because I'm the type to try and be a one man army or a go getter by myself. I've had trouble trusting people as a team. But we are definitely in the right place. I am seeking guidance with my project without looking as if I have nothing to contribute or coming off as too needy. I am waiting for my hard cover of TMF to arrive as well as how to win friends & influence people because I need to work on my people skills as well. I'm trying to learn more before I feel that I have the right mind to contribute. It looks as if you have a lot on your plate. From what I've learned it seems best to break them down into little projects putting the more important ones first. I hope you do well and am interested in the outcome. I would love to making websites one day too.

You should definitely be more open to people in general.
Just by reading your post, I was able to sense some kind of anti-social vibe.

I believe, to be successful, one has to be able to sell his vision, and if you have poor social skills you wont be able to do it.

You should increase your connections, that will surely help you find someone you trust enough to partner with.

You can pm me your skype if you wish to trade ideas.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I did like the cliff's notes summary at the end of your OP though. Hang around here a while. I look forward to reading more about you.

Worldisyours

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 20, 2013
Hey forum,

Sorry for my overly duchy thread title, while my net worth is growing (saving money here and there), my path to 1 million net-worth will still take a few years.

The goal of this thread was to find a mentor.

I started entrepreneurship when I was 14-15 years old, made my first money online at 16, at 17 I was earning slightly more than most people out of college, through internet marketing, and it took me 1 hour per day at most.

I didn't really like the fact that I was not the guy in charge, so I eventually started to get more into business, last year I made my first business venture, my vision was to create a male version of Lulu (for those of you who dont know, Lulu is a girl only app to rate hookups).
I found myself 4 other entrepreneurs to partner with my on my venture and since then we've always been working together, the app was complete in 2 months and in 1 week we had 3k downloads, with a valuation of $150k and 50 people wanting to invest on it.

Unfortunately, facebook didn't like our app and eventually banned us, saying we can't rate people without their consent (even though Lulu was doing this since the start).

After that project, one of the investors (owner of the biggest UK based social gaming company) decided to mentor 2 of my business partners, who live nearby his office.

We're now working on a anonymous chat platform, which uses top-notch technology to deliver cross-platform video chat to both mobile and web devices, also have about 10 other promising projects.

Too Long Didn't Read:
->Started entrepreneurship when I was 14 yo.
->Made avg money with internet marketing at 16-17.
->Made my first dive into business at 19, in 3 months created an app which was valued at $150k.
->My app was banned by facebook 1 week into launching (rating and ranking people who didn't opt-in).
->UK Business partners get mentored by owner of the biggest UK based social gaming company.
->My next project will be launched within 1 month, and have about 10 new projects waiting in queue.
->Looking for a mentor to help me reach my goals faster.

You don't need a mentor. No one is better than you. Mentor you serf, Go out there and learn through experience. If someone has to hold your hand, then you are not a Boss

ck4750

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
Missouri
You don't need a mentor. No one is better than you. Mentor you serf, Go out there and learn through experience. If someone has to hold your hand, then you are not a Boss

You're viewing a mentor negatively. A mentor can speed up your learning curve without holding your hand every step of the way. Knowing there ARE others better than you at what you're trying to accomplish is the attitude you need to have to learn quickly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.