The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Germany and the plan, to get REALLY rich

buy_the_dip

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jul 12, 2023
Hello everybody,
my name is Buy_the_dip and Im here for 2 reasons:

First I want to improved my englisch. Im from Germany, I learned english only 3 years in school (15 years ago, lol) and Im know, how impotant it is. I try to read english book, but with 2 kids und a business, I havent got enough time at the moment.

The second reason is: I want to become REAL rich. I have a business with abount 30 employes. It works good, but my goal is, to built a relevant investment company for Company succession. Till my 60. Birthday I want to build a 100 mio company, Im 33 now. Possibile? Definitly.

I hope to come in contact with other interesting entrepreneurs. THE FASTLANE I had read a few years ago (memo to myself: read it again).

Greez buy_the_dip

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sojeer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
Hello everybody,
my name is Buy_the_dip and Im here for 2 reasons:

First I want to improved my englisch. Im from Germany, I learned english only 3 years in school (15 years ago, lol) and Im know, how impotant it is. I try to read english book, but with 2 kids und a business, I havent got enough time at the moment.

The second reason is: I want to become REAL rich. I have a business with abount 30 employes. It works good, but my goal is, to built a relevant investment company for Company succession. Till my 60. Birthday I want to build a 100 mio company, Im 33 now. Possibile? Definitly.

I hope to come in contact with other interesting entrepreneurs. THE FASTLANE I had read a few years ago (memo to myself: read it again).

Greez buy_the_dip

English is the skill which opened me a lot of possibilities. It was a massive jump. And I learned it by reading books or watching TV series with subtitles (in Poland we didn't have dubbing on most movies).
It is good to know a language which is widely covered like English or Spanish (next on my list).
Polish is not that useful (but still 40m audience, not that bad) as German I guess.
Good luck in your business endeavour

buy_the_dip

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jul 12, 2023
English is the skill which opened me a lot of possibilities. It was a massive jump. And I learned it by reading books or watching TV series with subtitles (in Poland we didn't have dubbing on most movies).
It is good to know a language which is widely covered like English or Spanish (next on my list).
Polish is not that useful (but still 40m audience, not that bad) as German I guess.
Good luck in your business endeavour
Thanks! Yes, the audience in englisch is much more better than in german or polska. You have to learn step for step every single day...

SpinnerRedPenny

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jun 20, 2023
USA or Europe
Im from Germany, I learned english only 3 years in school
Grüß Gott aus Bayern, buy_the_dip.

I have the opposite problem, my German needs to improve. I took over a year of immersive German classes at a local Sprachschule but never really practiced writing. My comprehension is acceptable, speaking is okay (although accented), and writing is atrocious.

I use an app to help continue learning German (I'm cautious about recommending it because it teaches too many incorrect concepts) and restarted the Weg mit den typischen Fehlern! part 1 workbook. I prefer more formal training to other approaches, but I know of several people who have learned using movies/subtitles and that method is just as valid.

If you're in straights, I highly recommend DeepL. If I feel like I'm having trouble writing a phrase, I type it in English into DeepL and normally receive a good-enough translation to German. My wife is a lawyer here and her law firm considers a DeepL translation to be legally valid; the same cannot be said for most other online translators. DeepL works in reverse, you can type in German and receive a good English translation.

viel Glück mit deinem unternehmerischen Abenteuer!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

buy_the_dip

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jul 12, 2023
Grüß Gott aus Bayern, buy_the_dip.

I have the opposite problem, my German needs to improve. I took over a year of immersive German classes at a local Sprachschule but never really practiced writing. My comprehension is acceptable, speaking is okay (although accented), and writing is atrocious.

I use an app to help continue learning German (I'm cautious about recommending it because it teaches too many incorrect concepts) and restarted the Weg mit den typischen Fehlern! part 1 workbook. I prefer more formal training to other approaches, but I know of several people who have learned using movies/subtitles and that method is just as valid.

If you're in straights, I highly recommend DeepL. If I feel like I'm having trouble writing a phrase, I type it in English into DeepL and normally receive a good-enough translation to German. My wife is a lawyer here and her law firm considers a DeepL translation to be legally valid; the same cannot be said for most other online translators. DeepL works in reverse, you can type in German and receive a good English translation.

viel Glück mit deinem unternehmerischen Abenteuer!

Servus ;-)

Reading is no problem, listen is okey, too. But talking and writing, with the different time formes is much difficult for me, cause I talk and write to less. And I often try to write in englisch in "german sentences" with the sentence structure, thats often sound for native speaker....terrible I think.

Deepl is a really nice software, I use it very often. Thank you!

Why you are in Bayern?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...