The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Only Way to Get Really Rich

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
http://www.inc.com/jeff-haden/the-only-way-to-get-really-really-rich.html

Thought this article was pretty interesting. ;)

A few conclusions are obvious:
  • Working for a salary won't make you really rich.
  • Making only safe "income" investments won't make you really rich.
  • Investing only in stock of large companies won't make you really rich.
  • Owning a business or businesses could not only build a solid foundation of wealth but could someday...
  • Generate a huge financial windfall--and make you really rich.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Sep 23, 2013
I posted it on Facebook, but I'm sure most people will ignore it. Their internal monologues will be "I don't wanna be like rich people. Rich people are evil!" or "Money doesn't really make you happy" or "Think about all those people who try and fail". Then, their servitude continues...

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
That means less people in the way of us actually becoming richer with each day.

That article applies to those thinking they can win the lottery too. I was talking to someone about playing the lottery and I asked why he plays the lottery. He said so he can finally get rich. I told him that if he ever wanted a chance to be rich, he needed to become an entrepreneur as thats the majority of the rich. I got looked at as if I had 10 arms.

Common sense should tell anyone that if you ever want to be rich, employeeship will never get you there. But, common sense isn't common anymore. Logic got buried with the dinosaurs.

bgalakazam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Apr 16, 2014
South Carolina
Very good article. I'll repost it on FB as well tagging a couple of entrepreneurial friends. I doubt the masses will understand it. God forbid we challenge their 5 for 2 mindset and 401k, IRA, retire at 65 road.

ExecutionisKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 3, 2014
MI
This site has some great articles. Be careful not to read just for the mental motivation (talking to myself here too), but good stuff here.
A few I liked:
9 Things People Just Don't Get About Entrepreneurs (seems better than the typical, "you don't fit in? you must be an entrepreneur!"
http://www.inc.com/jeff-haden/the-entrepreneurs-creed-inner-beliefs-of-true-entrepreneurs.html
The Psychological Price of Entrepreneurship
http://www.inc.com/magazine/201309/...l-price-of-entrepreneurship.html?cid=readmore
10 Genuine ways Anyone can be Exceptionally Charming
http://www.inc.com/jeff-haden/10-genuine-ways-anyone-can-be-exceptionally-charming.html?cid=readmore

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Was just about to post this article, beat me to it @JasonR.

I guess if someone isn't convinced of the Fastlane at this point, perhaps looking at the hard numbers will do it....but probably not.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.