The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Incubation process is over now (From Germany and New Fast Lane student)

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
Hello guys,

I now tell you who I'am, where I'm from, what I'm doing and how my situation is at the moment.

After reading TMF and the forum a lot I came to the realization that I could have done better than going the corporate way as every of my college buddies does… Problematic on this is that I’m totally unsecure if it’s worth to end the corporate way anyway. Since I’m only three months and 40 pages of my thesis away from the Master of Science I’ve decided to finish it. But what do I do after graduation? Problems described below… With "incubation process" I mean this process that lead to the insights listed below.

I have read TMF for two times the past month. I'm 24 years old and from Germany. I'm turning 25 this month.
At the present I write my Master thesis in mechanical engineering and work 35 hours per week for a big US-american company.

Why I'm telling you this?

Because I hate working in such a company enviroment. Have been with a big german car manufacturer before...

Same shit, different city, different commodities.

I have had insights into company's logistics (world wide) and in my master thesis I'm researching on thermodynamics.

So far so good in regards to my "professional" skills....

I don't want to work in a company after my graduation and
can't wait to graduate, so I'm hurrying through it.

Positive about the job right now is, that I'm learning much in the engineering field, especially in the field of medical devices. Also I'm earning some money to pay mortgage and bills (Phone, TV, will be cancelling both in summer. Don't watch any TV, but the contracts are running out at that time).

Negative side is, that I'm tied to the Job 35 hours a week plus extra hours that occur often and randomly. When I get home, I eat, and then read, or pursue my business idea (come to that later...). Because I'm only earning 8,50€ /hour (for making the work of a fulltime engineer. Reason is that I'm a college graduate..), I have to have another job with an engineering consultancy, which is paying off 11€ / hour. There I'm doing sales things, like videos and software simulations for retail customers.

My decision is clear, after my thesis, I'll leave the company job behind, because it's too time consuming to build an own business. At the moment I'm making time for developing ideas, reading and forthcoming of the business during the morning hours (MiracleMorning..).

The primary problem is, that I need capital for the business I want to pursue. I'm able to code in HTML and PHP, but not at the level I would have to have to build the platform I desire. So I have to hire a programmer...

Since I'm an industrial engineer my interests are more into marketing and sales (noticed that also during my current intern in the field of research and development). I’m on the side of things, that I want to understand basics of coding to outsource efficient rather than to learn to code anyhow… The budget I think I’ll need is estimated around 50k. I know that the market and demand exits. I want to fill a service gap but the coding is very complex because it has to be tailored.

I’ve tried to use MJs decision Matrix to solve my question, but didn’t come to a reasonable result:

Do I use a corporate job to gain the money, or do I try to hustle it up other ways? If I do the latter that would lead to the case that I’ve never really worked in my field of “excellence”. If I would need to work as an engineer again in the future (because many businesses have failed and I’m broke as F*ck or other reasons), that would lead to being broke without safety net. In Europe a Master or any college degree is worth nothing if you haven’t worked in your field for years.

Now you will say: “oh boy, you aren’t bold enough.” “You don’t want it bad enough.”

No and yes. I’m trying to gain as much advantage out of my college education to fuel my business. Because the 5 years, seen time wise, of education will never come back (why I haven’t found this forum 5 years ago?)… To make it clear: I don’t want to rely on a Job in the future; I try to find a way to hustle the money up… By this I’m pretty sure that a corporate job would consume too much time to really go for my dreams. Even if it is only 40 hrs/week at the moment, it is a Job-Stopper for me. 8 hours more on weekdays would be fine. I also see that 5-6 hrs of sleep suffice, but then I’m prone to colds and such things. So I’m trying to get 7-8 hrs per night, even If I have remorse on that.

Any suggestions or transitions or connections of dots I’m not able to see?

I’ve no reliabilities, kids or spouse. I’m totally on my own. My parents both don’t live anymore. My mortgage is pretty small. So I’m able to do anything (thought on taking an intern with a top entrepreneur in another part of the world). I’m totally free.

But I’m only two paychecks away from broke and have 2000k in the bank. And I have an old car. No, I inherited nothing…

Right now I’m into:

-Learning to copy (SinisterLex and reading a lot of stuff by Kennedy, and recommended things of Halbert)

-Learning to import (hustling in the future to make up money for the main startup)

-Tracking every goal with a plan

-Miracle Morning (Visualization, meditation, reading and so on and so on…)

See this as an inventory of my “assets”. I don’t know clear which road to go. I don’t want to be the guy that’s hopping from one venture to another. I have a clear goal (Platform on the internet) but don’t know how to put my assets into action best way to get the money together fast and efficient.

Sorry for many grammatical and spelling mistakes. Trying my very best…

Thanks for your help and opinion!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hello guys,

I now tell you who I'am, where I'm from, what I'm doing and how my situation is at the moment.

After reading TMF and the forum a lot I came to the realization that I could have done better than going the corporate way as every of my college buddies does… Problematic on this ist hat I’m totally unsecure if it’s worth to end the corporate way anyway. Since I’m only three months and 40 pages of my thesis away from the Master of Science I’ve decided to finish it. But what do I do after graduation? Problems described below… With "incubation process" I mean this process that lead to the insights listed below.

I have read TMF for two times the past month. I'm 24 years old and from Germany. I'm turning 25 this month.
At the present I write my Master thesis in mechanical engineering and work 35 hours per week for a big US-american company.

Why I'm telling you this?

Because I hate working in such a company enviroment. Have been with a big german car manufacturer before...

Same shit, different city, different commodities.

I have had insights into company's logistics (world wide) and in my master thesis I'm researching on thermodynamics.

So far so good in regards to my "professional" skills....

I don't want to work in a company after my graduation and
can't wait to graduate, so I'm hurrying through it.

Positive about the job right now is, that I'm learning much in the engineering field, especially in the field of medical devices. Also I'm earning some money to pay mortgage and bills (Phone, TV, will be cancelling both in summer).

Negative side is, that I'm tied to the Job 35 hours a week plus extra hours that occur often and randomly. When I get home, I eat, and then read, or pursue my business idea (come to that later...). Because I'm only earning 8,50€ /hour (for making the work of a fulltime engineer. Reason is that I'm a college graduate..), I have to have another job with an engineering consultancy, which is paying off 11€ / hour. There I'm doing sales things, like videos and software simulations for retail customers.

My decision is clear, after my thesis, I'll leave the company job behind, because it's too time consuming to build an own business. At the moment I'm making time for developing ideas, reading and forthcoming of the business during the morning hours (MiracleMorning..).

The primary problem is, that I need capital for the business I want to pursue. I'm able to code in HTML and PHP, but not at the level I would have to have to build the platform I desire. So I have to hire a programmer...

Since I'm an industrial engineer my interests are more into marketing and sales (noticed that also during my current intern in the field of research and development). I’m on the side of things, that I want to understand basics of coding to outsource efficient rather than to learn to code anyhow… The budget I think I’ll need is estimated around 50k. I know that the market and demand exits. I want to fill a service gap but the coding is very complex because it has to be tailored.

I’ve tried to use MJs decision Matrix to solve my question, but didn’t come to a reasonable result:

Do I use a corporate job to gain the money, or do I try to hustle it up other ways? If I do the latter that would lead to the case that I’ve never really worked in my field of “excellence”. If I would need to work as an engineer again in the future (because many businesses have failed and I’m broke as F*ck or other reasons), that would lead to being broke without safety net. In Europe a Master or any college degree is worth nothing if you haven’t worked in your field for years.

Now you will say: “oh boy, you aren’t bold enough.” “You don’t want it bad enough.”

No and yes. I’m trying to gain as much advantage out of my college education to fuel my business. Because the 5 years, seen time wise, of education will never come back (why I haven’t found this forum 5 years ago?)… To make it clear: I don’t want to rely on a Job in the future; I try to find a way to hustle the money up… By this I’m pretty sure that a corporate job would consume too much time to really go for my dreams. Even if it is only 40 hrs/week at the moment, it is a Job-Stopper for me. 8 hours more on weekdays would be fine. I also see that 5-6 hrs of sleep suffice, but then I’m prone to colds and such things. So I’m trying to get 7-8 hrs per night, even If I have remorse on that.

Any suggestions or transitions or connections of dots I’m not able to see?

I’ve no reliabilities, kids or spouse. I’m totally on my own. My parents both don’t live anymore. My mortgage is pretty small. So I’m able to do anything (thought on taking an intern with a top entrepreneur in another part of the world). I’m totally free.

But I’m only two paychecks away from broke and have 2000k in the bank. And I have an old car. No, I inherited nothing…

Right now I’m into:

-Learning to copy (SinisterLex and reading a lot of stuff by Kennedy, and recommended things of Halbert)

-Learning to import (hustling in the future to make up money for the main startup)

-Tracking every goal with a plan

-Miracle Morning (Visualization, meditation, reading and so on and so on…)

See this as an inventory of my “assets”. I don’t know clear which road to go. I don’t want to be the guy that’s hopping from one venture to another. I have a clear goal (Platform on the internet) but don’t know how to put my assets into action best way to get the money together fast and efficient.

Sorry for many grammatical and spelling mistakes. Trying my very best…

Thanks for your help and opinion!

Your English is fine. Your attitude is great. You will make it. Take the time to study, find your path, and decide your future. No need to rush. Spend some time here on the forum studying, and connect with other Fast Lane members in your area in Germany. You need some people around you that think like you do.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Welcome to the forum! Munich/Germany here :)

Great intro and good overall attitude. I think most of your mindset problems can be solved by reading on here, anyway you can always hit me up with a PM if you want to discuss some topics in german.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...