The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Georgia

cstewart

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jul 8, 2013
Atlanta
Hello all,

First off, MJ, thanks so much for the time you put into your book. I have read it once and now going back through again to get it to sink in to my hard head. It's a great read.

I've been lurking for the past few days and figure it was time for us to get acquainted. I'm a 39 self proclaimed engineer. I've been either surveying / engineering or project managing Heavy Civil sites since my early 20's.

I have had 2 business that I have owned and operated but were not successful because of my lack of focus. My first business was lawn maintenance when I was 16 years old. I was making 3 to 4 times what other kids my age was making. I come from a long line of Slowlaners. Before my high school graduation my Dad talked me into giving up the business and going to find a factory job. I will never forget his words that day, "Son, go find you a factory job that you can just put a nut on a bolt and then come home".

I've been putting that nut on the bolt for far to long. I don't blame my Dad anymore for he was doing what he was taught to do. However, it's time that I go back to doing what I enjoy the most.

Several years ago I made a point in my life not to harp on the past and move forward. I coined the phrase (or like to think so) "Looking in the rear view mirror while driving will get you nowhere but the ditch". So it's time for me to look and move forward.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...