The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Estonia, to Nordic and all fasterlaners

miao

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 20, 2018
Estonia
Hi all,

I emigrated from China at my early 20s after my study in Computer Science and Engineering, in discontent with the political regime and took my rebellious route all the way to Europe. I lived in Portugal, Span, and now I have been living in Estonia for 5+ years, a country that is one of the most friendliest to entrepreneurs in Europe ((Estonia sixth in the world by economic freedom, second in Europe)).

I have always wanted to be an entrepreneur, but due to legal reasons related to visa I had to be always sponsored and "enslaved" under an employer. I worked as a well paid salary engineer for various well known companies. I could have worn out of my once dream of being unscripted , until this year I finally got my permanent residence status and unchained myself from needing to work for other companies.

I started as independent consultant to exchange my time and specialty in programming for more flexible time to be able to find the entrepreneur opportunities that scale. In looking for entrepreneur tips and like minded people, I stumbled upon the book "UNSCRIPTED " and it brought me to this forum.

I look to meet new people, get inspired and hopefully in the process give something back to people too!

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
now I have been living in Estonia for 5+ years, a country that is one of the most friendliest to entrepreneurs

So I've heard! Both my books are translated there in the native language! (Although Unscripted hasn't been released yet.)

Welcome!

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
Hi @miao

Thanks for introducing yourself, and welcome to the Fastlane community.

And congratulations on attaining your permanent residence status. :clap:::clap:::clap::

As someone who aspires to emigrate to another country and was denied a study permit recently, I understand how great it must feel to finally get your PR permit.

Quick question: I live in Ghana, West Africa, and I've been looking at incorporating in the US or Europe (probably Estonia) for my new venture just to have access to online payment infrastructure (even common PayPal is not available in my country, let alone a merchant gateway). As an INSIDERS, what's your view on the Estonian e-resident program? And how do you think Estonian citizens and residents view it? Thanks!

miao

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 20, 2018
Estonia
So I've heard! Both my books are translated there in the native language! (Although Unscripted hasn't been released yet.)

Welcome!

Thank you for your works! Good to know, I will share this info with my friends in Estonia!

miao

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 20, 2018
Estonia
Hi @miao
Quick question: I live in Ghana, West Africa, and I've been looking at incorporating in the US or Europe (probably Estonia) for my new venture just to have access to online payment infrastructure (even common PayPal is not available in my country, let alone a merchant gateway). As an INSIDERS, what's your view on the Estonian e-resident program? And how do you think Estonian citizens and residents view it? Thanks!

Thank you for your reply. "e-residency does not confer citizenship, tax residency, residence, or right of entry to Estonia or to the European Union" as per About e-Residency | e-Residency . But it is a great way for one to establish a company in Estonia. Although the chatters and complaints have been that it is getting increasingly hard to get a business bank accounts for companies of e-residents. In any case, visiting What is e-Residency | How to Start an EU Company Online and they should have all the info you need.

Silver Silk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
May 10, 2017
Birmingham
Hi @miao

What's the opportunity like in Ghana, I'm thinking of travelling though Africa for a few months or so, I feel like there is huge opportunity there and the western world hierarchy have done a great job of misleading the majority of the planet to believe there isn't much to see in Africa.

What do you think, worth a visit?

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
What's the opportunity like in Ghana, I'm thinking of travelling though Africa for a few months or so, I feel like there is huge opportunity there and the western world hierarchy have done a great job of misleading the majority of the planet to believe there isn't much to see in Africa.

Ghana is highly recommended. I have friends that are Ghanian that go back and visit yearly. One of the better countries in Africa.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada

Your feeling is on point.

HUGE opportunities. Many trillions + opportunities. The risk in certains areas is also huge. The lack of infrastructures is not helping.

Required

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Aug 13, 2018
Estonia
Greetings from Estonia!

It's always nice to hear about foreigners living in our small country.

How are you adapted to living here?

What have you found to be different here than somewhere else?

Wish you luck on your journey.

miao

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 20, 2018
Estonia
Greetings from Estonia!

It's always nice to hear about foreigners living in our small country.

How are you adapted to living here?

What have you found to be different here than somewhere else?

Wish you luck on your journey.

I don't complain about the weather, and the rest is easy. Especially the entrepreneurial environment is strong.

The size of the economy makes you think about how to scale what you do from day.

Thank you! I really wish we had a "unscripted life" kinda of local meetup some day in Tallinn.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...