The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from CO!

eSparks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Hi, all!

My name is Elliot. I'm 31 and live in a suburb of Denver, Colorado.

I grew up in an "upper lower class" family of Sidewalkers in Ohio. They spent virtually every penny they made, and their biggest aspirations for me were to get a high-paying factory job or maybe work for the postal service. Instead, I escaped my small town after high school and eventually became the first person in my family to graduate from college.

I then started on the cubicle path and transformed into a Slowlaner. I diligently tucked money into my 401k, changed jobs to get pay bumps, and hoped that higher-paying jobs would lead to a better lifestyle. I went back to school for a master's degree, started managing a department, and had more stress and long hours than I ever had before. I knew there had to be a better way.

My mental switch initially came from Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Then I read books like The Four-Hour Workweek, Escape from Cubicle Nation, The E-Myth Revisited, and many others. I finally stopped thinking and started acting. I began affiliate marketing in Jan 2010 and by that August, I had quit my corporate job and begun working for myself. I am still self-employed through affiliate marketing, but I realize that my wagon is still hitched to someone else's pony. I'm also still in a time = money scenario.

Someone on another forum recommended The Millionaire Fastlane , so I previewed it, bought the Kindle edition, and highlighted the heck out of that thing. There were so many ah ha moments, and I can finally put into words what I've been feeling in the back of my mind. Thanks, MJ! :thumbsup:

My goal is to stop working a job and start leveraging the assets around me. I want the freedom to travel, to volunteer, to meet interesting people, and to live in the moment without worrying about how many emails are piling up. I hope that being a part of this community will give me the extra push I need to move forward with this new chapter in my life.

I look forward to chatting with y'all.

EDIT: P.S. Apparently I start out as a Level 17 Yugo. My mom drove one of those for 14 years and loved it. She may have had the only fully functional model ever made.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Welcome! Im in Colo. Sprgs.

eSparks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Hey David and Jay,

It's good to know I have Fastlane neighbors. I've been working with Peerfly and Clickbank. I've also been writing articles for Textbroker during the revenue dips. What are your specialties?

E

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard Elliot and thanks for giving my book a read. :smxB:

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
Welcome Elliot! I'm up in Ft. Collins. Sounds like you're doing a great job. Maybe you haven't retired yet but you're doing, you're acting, you're learning. Good on ya!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...