The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from China

glover

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 20, 2016
China
Hi everyone,

We are a magic glove manufacturer and mainly export to Walmart and TARGET. We have been doing the business for many years. Doing business with Walmart and TARGET through their vendor is okay, but we still want to sell directly on the market. Does anyone have good points where and how to start?

any comments appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
Welcome. This forum works because members help each other. I am sure there is someone here who can answer your question directly, but it would be great if you would use your knowledge to help others in their journey.

Many people are interested in importing from China.

jules 98hustle

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Jun 18, 2014
Like @Aganistallods said look into Amazon FBA, and use fulfillment centers. If you need any help, the Fastlane forum has many people who have expertise on Amazon.
Listen to a number of Podcasts on how Amazon works; there are a lot of guys who have an amazing podcast.
There are dedicated links on this forum on how to get the best out of Amazon.
If you need any help, feel free to contact me.
To my Fastlaners, I feel there is a great opportunity for someone to make a lot of money and add value, by going to China and helping manufacturers sell directly to consumers through such sites as Amazon. I feel that is the next chapter in the Amazon story.Maybe wrong, but my opinion.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Like @Aganistallods said look into Amazon FBA, and use fulfillment centers. If you need any help, the Fastlane forum has many people who have expertise on Amazon.
Listen to a number of Podcasts on how Amazon works; there are a lot of guys who have an amazing podcast.
There are dedicated links on this forum on how to get the best out of Amazon.
If you need any help, feel free to contact me.
To my Fastlaners, I feel there is a great opportunity for someone to make a lot of money and add value, by going to China and helping manufacturers sell directly to consumers through such sites as Amazon. I feel that is the next chapter in the Amazon story.Maybe wrong, but my opinion.
Amazon are doing that already, but it is still an uphill struggle for Chinese people. It's not only the language problem, it's the mindset. There is only a very poor knowledge of western culture, marketing methods, attitudes, psychology and styles, in most Chinese business circles.

The Chinese culture is so different that unless a Chinese business is willing to delegate a high degree of authority or autonomy to a western employee or agent, they won't achieve the great potential there is in western markets.

Walter

glover

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 20, 2016
China
Hi guys, an

thanks for all your reply.

I did research the opportunities for selling on Amazon FBA, and I believe our gloves, most exported to US, are good for US market. However, the value of each pair is low, worth about 1 or 2 dollars. If you add up operation costs and charges made by Amazon, the final price could be quite high. It will not make sense that people buy these gloves online. Or I can sell gloves in bulk, but I think not many people will buy which I checked on Amazon. You guys have some better idea? There are many Chinese sellers on Amazon, and they made a lot of money.

Speaking of Amazon, I experienced a very strange thing. I registered with a credit card on Amazon when I was doing research but never made any purchase. About one month later, I was notified by bank message that my credit card was charged for 39.99 dollars. I contacted my bank and realized Amazon made this charge. After contacting, Amazon.com told me I should contact Amazon.cn for this issue. Finally, someone from Amzaon.cn told me that the charge was made by Amzaon because they wanted to make sure my credit card works, and Amazon will return 39.99 dollars in one week. There are some strange points here: 1. I registered on Amazon.com but charged by Amazon.cn 2. Charge me without any authorization just to make sure my credit card works 3. My 39.99 dollars have not been returned so far and this is another month after since I contacting them I believe there must be some kind of frauds. Who knows what's really going on? I've cancelled my card and the bank will try to get the money back. I just want to know if this kind of thing happens in US.

Attachments

• AL-003.jpg
    AL-003.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 10

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Your problem regarding your credit card being charged looks highly suspicious. At least in western countries the banks who provide the credit card will favor the card owner and quickly refund any disputed charge. Chinese banks seem to have less concern for their customers in this regard.

Charging a card to verify authenticity is common, but the charge needs only be $1, and that amount is usually all that is charged and then automatically refunded. From what you have described I suspect a fraud, but you may be confident that Amazon have not defrauded you, so somehow your card details have been obtained illegally, or else Amazon.cn follow a different code of practice to Amazon.us.

Walter

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
As @Walter Hay said, the credit card charge is not normal. If any verification charges are made, they are usually $1 or less.

With regard to your product, eBay has areas for direct bulk sales. You may also want to consider contacting other discount retail stores directly. Two in my area are 99only.com and Dollar Tree. These stores sell most items for $1 or less so they they may be a good fit.

A question for you - Are you an owner of the company or an employee?

glover

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 20, 2016
China
tried eBay before, shall try to sell in bulk again. The Dollar Tree is a buyer, and export data shows they import gloves. We have tried to contact them online but no response so far. We got an idea, producing customized gloves. Making gloves with special icons like Liberty Statue for souvenir market. Or even the logo "make America great again" for special events. What do you guys think?

I'm an employee not the owner.

logo.png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.