Hello,
I’m generally a private person, I have never signed up on a forum, or participated in online discussions, but enjoy reading and learning on blogs and forums such as this. So I have some apprehension writing this…
I guess I will start at the beginning…
I’ve been an entrepreneur my entire life, in my early high school years I started a marketing company in my parents basement constructing websites, and doing graphic design work. I ran ad’s in the local paper, and had a business phone installed in my room. I got caught skipping school on occasion, but I wasn’t playing video games or getting high with my friends. I was attending business meetings, and many of my clients had no idea how old I was. (I look older then I am)
The business has grown over the years. I have stayed away from the mom and pop shops as clients, and focused on getting bigger clients, and getting heavily involved in their business, looking at the bigger picture for the client. I participate in vision meetings, and help set goals for marketing plans, and overall goals and direction. I have companies ranging in size from 5-150 million in my portfolio, and they generally love me because my efforts make them money.
To my friends, family, Accountant, and Banker. I’m a “successâ€. I live in a good size home, which is 50% paid off, both cars are paid off, I have no credit card debt, and I have substantial cash reserves and investments over 6 figures. Yippy! I have never felt like a success. My business has a terrible growth model that depends on me, clients are the biggest pain in the a$$, and some day’s I feel like I’m on a treadmill. I ache, long, bleed for a business that is built on a system, and has the potential for growth that isn’t dependent on me. My income is directly tied to time… and it’s killing me. Call it business all you want…I have a job… and I feel like a failure as an entrepreneur. (Seriously, I have started to consider myself a fake entrepreneur)
So over the last 6 years I’ve tried to do something about it. Even before I read this book I was trying to break free! Only to find repeated failure… which has been hard on my self-esteem, and mental health.
I have launched 4 different businesses all met with failure. My failure last year cost me a lot of money and took a serious toll on me, the time I wasted just eats me up inside. My wife believes I may have depression and has been encouraging me to go see a doctor. I DONT! I've just been thinking (Lost in thought)...I know exactly what’s wrong. I want to break free! I want to start something, which doesn’t depend on me. It’s like the un-solvable puzzle in my head that I think about all the time and I just can’t seem to figure out.
Reading the book was like a breath of fresh air. The entire time I read the book I felt as if I wrote it. I kept thinking, “This book gets meâ€. So I’ve decided I want to try another start up, and I was hoping to get some feedback on the idea here:
Feedback on Idea
I’m also excited to get to know some of you guys, and possibly offering up some advice related to marketing & branding. I’m an extremely private person, and submitting this is hard but I feel it’s a good growth step that I needed to take.
Thanks for reading,
T
I’m generally a private person, I have never signed up on a forum, or participated in online discussions, but enjoy reading and learning on blogs and forums such as this. So I have some apprehension writing this…
I guess I will start at the beginning…
I’ve been an entrepreneur my entire life, in my early high school years I started a marketing company in my parents basement constructing websites, and doing graphic design work. I ran ad’s in the local paper, and had a business phone installed in my room. I got caught skipping school on occasion, but I wasn’t playing video games or getting high with my friends. I was attending business meetings, and many of my clients had no idea how old I was. (I look older then I am)
The business has grown over the years. I have stayed away from the mom and pop shops as clients, and focused on getting bigger clients, and getting heavily involved in their business, looking at the bigger picture for the client. I participate in vision meetings, and help set goals for marketing plans, and overall goals and direction. I have companies ranging in size from 5-150 million in my portfolio, and they generally love me because my efforts make them money.
To my friends, family, Accountant, and Banker. I’m a “successâ€. I live in a good size home, which is 50% paid off, both cars are paid off, I have no credit card debt, and I have substantial cash reserves and investments over 6 figures. Yippy! I have never felt like a success. My business has a terrible growth model that depends on me, clients are the biggest pain in the a$$, and some day’s I feel like I’m on a treadmill. I ache, long, bleed for a business that is built on a system, and has the potential for growth that isn’t dependent on me. My income is directly tied to time… and it’s killing me. Call it business all you want…I have a job… and I feel like a failure as an entrepreneur. (Seriously, I have started to consider myself a fake entrepreneur)
So over the last 6 years I’ve tried to do something about it. Even before I read this book I was trying to break free! Only to find repeated failure… which has been hard on my self-esteem, and mental health.
I have launched 4 different businesses all met with failure. My failure last year cost me a lot of money and took a serious toll on me, the time I wasted just eats me up inside. My wife believes I may have depression and has been encouraging me to go see a doctor. I DONT! I've just been thinking (Lost in thought)...I know exactly what’s wrong. I want to break free! I want to start something, which doesn’t depend on me. It’s like the un-solvable puzzle in my head that I think about all the time and I just can’t seem to figure out.
Reading the book was like a breath of fresh air. The entire time I read the book I felt as if I wrote it. I kept thinking, “This book gets meâ€. So I’ve decided I want to try another start up, and I was hoping to get some feedback on the idea here:
Feedback on Idea
I’m also excited to get to know some of you guys, and possibly offering up some advice related to marketing & branding. I’m an extremely private person, and submitting this is hard but I feel it’s a good growth step that I needed to take.
Thanks for reading,
T
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
