What's new

Hello from California, and thank you for this forum!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

itsme

New Contributor
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
15
Location
California
Rep Bank
$105
User Power: 7%
Hello everybody! I came to this forum as a result of reading The Millionaire Fastlane , and I'd like to say thank you creating this forum as well as writing such a great book!

I went to college for the sole purpose of playing professional sports, and after an injury ended that dream, I’ve since struggled to find a new one. I’ve been employed by three companies since 2002, and was promoted within six months of my first day at each company. When it comes to working, I honestly feel like I can do any job better than anyone already doing it, given the right training and the desire to do so. I’m not cocky by any means of the word, I’ve just done it over and over and I’ve come to expect it from myself.

My desire to "climb the corporate ladder" has disappeared based on my most recent experience. Long story short - the company that I was working for was bought out by another company. Promises were made and not kept, and very quickly became a nightmare. My pay was reduced by 78% over six months, and the new company was based on ethics that made me feel very uncomfortable. I resigned when they told me to lie to my employees, and make them quit rather than firing them so they didn't qualify for unemployment. Two months later I would have been promoted to District Manager, along with a 900% raise.

I’ve started a few businesses in the past, but I haven’t profited from any of them. I built a couple different retail websites back in the late 90’s, a couple service-based websites (one of which my dad/business partner pitched to General Motors), and I spent about one year and thousands of dollars marketing to buy real estate. That may sound nice, but I would say that someone with experience in these particular fields could have made a lot of money.

The difference between my success in the work force and my lack of success on my own, I believe, comes from the hands-on training you get as an employee. The only hands-on training I’ve received from my business ventures came from a real estate mentor, who was teaching me to buy real estate when he wasn’t currently doing the same. I really learn by watching others do, and then make adjustments to make it work for me.

My big goal is to work with someone that is a successful entrepreneur; someone that I can learn from while providing them with a huge benefit as well. A mentor if you will, but not one that I can have for just four monthly payments of $2,500 so we can talk on the phone for 15 minutes a week. While I don’t feel qualified to teach anyone on how to be successful in business, I can probably chime in here and there with what not to do. Or if you have questions about a job, I may be able to input a little. Cheers!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom