The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Atlanta, GA

Tobars Dobbs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Mar 3, 2014
Hello Everyone!

My name is Tobars, that's me to your left. I answer my own calls, return my own emails, and make my own coffee. I joined the forum over a month ago, but just now doing an intro. I guess you can say, I've been lurking a bit. After spending a little time on the forum, it struck me as a place where the members are genuine, and give of their time and expertise generously.

After being introduced to the book by a very good friend @bensonj, I must admit, I was a little hesitant to read it. The last thing I wanted to read was another book with "millionaire" in the title. After beginning the book I realized that MF was not your average business/entrepreneurship book. And after finishing the book, my assessment was correct. Shout out to @MJ DeMarco for writing what will go into the history books as a classic. And I give my vote for a Nobel Peace Prize in Economics. Lastly, I'd like to shout out @AllenCrawley. After spending just a few minutes on the phone with Allen, he caused me to think about my business in a way that I hadn't in the past, and I've actually implemented one small thing that he mentioned to me which will have a major impact on our marketing efforts going forward.

Ok, so here's my story....I'll give you the Reader's Digest version. I'm a life-long entrepreneur. After finishing Morehouse College, in Atlanta GA, with a degree in business and real estate, I set out to make my fortune in the real estate business. Things went very well for a number of years. Things were going so well that back when day-trading online became possible, I jumped in with both feet. I even began opening locations of a local quick service restaurant here in the metro Atlanta market with plans of buying the brand from the creator, and sell franchises. In hindsight, I took my focus off of what had allowed me those opportunities, which was real estate. As MJ coined it, I was a business polygamist. Having diverted my attention in other business endeavors, combined with having never lived through a market downturn, when the real estate market crashed I was left standing flat-footed.

After suffering a little heartache, pain, loss, and indigestion, like most entrepreneurs, I saw another opportunity. Of all things, automotive recycling. So for the better part of the last 4 years I've been involved in the business of recycling cars. Business has been good, not great. So I went from buying cars out of peoples yards, to having a facility where we fully process cars, selling core auto parts, and ferrous and non-ferrous metals. In realizing that there are many more cars outside of the metro Atlanta area, and realizing that we don't have to process a car at all to make a decent profit, I launched a lead generation side of my business the first of the year where we simply act as the marketing company finding sellers, negotiate the sale, and sell the lead to someone locally to process the vehicle.

As an entrepreneur, it's hard to not take notice of the many opportunities which the internet affords. But having learned my lesson regarding focus, my primary attention is on scaling my current business and using the internet to do so. I look to gain enormous insight from the forum on things I can do that will assist me in the growth, and development of may current business, but keep a very cautious eye on other web opportunities that I may be able to take advantage of without jeopardizing the growth of my current business. The stories which I continue to read about that's coming out of the forum are absolutely amazing, and to have one of the those stories come from my best friend...it does something for the psyche. Thanks @bensonj!

If you've read thus far..... Thanks! I look forward to developing relationships, and participating in this awesome community of like-minded entrepreneurs!

Tobars

PS. Hey @MJ, you've been able to get a guy that has been shy to social media to write his life story, post his picture, and his real name.......this forum has to be something special. Kudos!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Griffith

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 29, 2013
No problem, +rep for sharing your entrepreneurial story. By the way, I'm located in southwest Georgia.

Tobars Dobbs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Mar 3, 2014
Hello Everyone!

My name is Tobars, that's me to your left. I answer my own calls, return my own emails, and make my own coffee. I joined the forum over a month ago, but just now doing an intro. I guess you can say, I've been lurking a bit. After spending a little time on the forum, it struck me as a place where the members are genuine, and give of their time and expertise generously.

After being introduced to the book by a very good friend @bensonj, I must admit, I was a little hesitant to read it. The last thing I wanted to read was another book with "millionaire" in the title. After beginning the book I realized that MF was not your average business/entrepreneurship book. And after finishing the book, my assessment was correct. Shout out to @MJ DeMarco for writing what will go into the history books as a classic. And I give my vote for a Nobel Peace Prize in Economics. Lastly, I'd like to shout out @AllenCrawley. After spending just a few minutes on the phone with Allen, he caused me to think about my business in a way that I hadn't in the past, and I've actually implemented one small thing that he mentioned to me which will have a major impact on our marketing efforts going forward.

Ok, so here's my story....I'll give you the Reader's Digest version. I'm a life-long entrepreneur. After finishing Morehouse College, in Atlanta GA, with a degree in business and real estate, I set out to make my fortune in the real estate business. Things went very well for a number of years. Things were going so well that back when day-trading online became possible, I jumped in with both feet. I even began opening locations of a local quick service restaurant here in the metro Atlanta market with plans of buying the brand from the creator, and sell franchises. In hindsight, I took my focus off of what had allowed me those opportunities, which was real estate. As MJ coined it, I was a business polygamist. Having diverted my attention in other business endeavors, combined with having never lived through a market downturn, when the real estate market crashed I was left standing flat-footed.

After suffering a little heartache, pain, loss, and indigestion, like most entrepreneurs, I saw another opportunity. Of all things, automotive recycling. So for the better part of the last 4 years I've been involved in the business of recycling cars. Business has been good, not great. So I went from buying cars out of peoples yards, to having a facility where we fully process cars, selling core auto parts, and ferrous and non-ferrous metals. In realizing that there are many more cars outside of the metro Atlanta area, and realizing that we don't have to process a car at all to make a decent profit, I launched a lead generation side of my business the first of the year where we simply act as the marketing company finding sellers, negotiate the sale, and sell the lead to someone locally to process the vehicle.

As an entrepreneur, it's hard to not take notice of the many opportunities which the internet affords. But having learned my lesson regarding focus, my primary attention is on scaling my current business and using the internet to do so. I look to gain enormous insight from the forum on things I can do that will assist me in the growth, and development of may current business, but keep a very cautious eye on other web opportunities that I may be able to take advantage of without jeopardizing the growth of my current business. The stories which I continue to read about that's coming out of the forum are absolutely amazing, and to have one of the those stories come from my best friend...it does something for the psyche. Thanks @bensonj!

If you've read thus far..... Thanks! I look forward to developing relationships, and participating in this awesome community of like-minded entrepreneurs!

Tobars

PS. Hey @MJ, you've been able to get a guy that has been shy to social media to write his life story, post his picture, and his real name.......this forum has to be something special. Kudos!

Thanks for the like @ChickenHawk, and @Mrs. BRKb!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Welcome to the forum @Tobars Dobbs! Thanks for sharing your introduction with the forum. We should talk again real soon.

bensonj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Jul 2, 2013
OMG you posted!!!!!! I moved to Scottsdale and you posted on the forum @Tobars Dobbs!!! Miracles! Miracles! Lol…just kidding! Hey my friend YOU are going to love it here!! So glad to read your intro!!

Tobars Dobbs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Mar 3, 2014
OMG you posted!!!!!! I moved to Scottsdale and you posted on the forum @Tobars Dobbs!!! Miracles! Miracles! Lol…just kidding! Hey my friend YOU are going to love it here!! So glad to read your intro!!
Thanks @bensonj, what can I say.......you inspired me! Thanks for sharing the book with me, and introducing me to the forum. Have a blast in Scottsdale!

Tobars Dobbs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Mar 3, 2014
Hello Everyone!

Tobars

Thanks for the like @Enki, and @Ajita!

Tobars Dobbs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Mar 3, 2014
Hello Everyone!

Tobars

Hey.....my rep bank is growing! Thanks @Ravens_Shadow, and @bensonj! You guys, and gals really know how to welcome new comers into the neighborhood!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...