The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

hello from a late starter

mstevenson

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Feb 4, 2023
On a recommendation I got Millionaire's Fastlane and was blown away, read it in one sitting. I had been doing a lot of recent introspection to work through some stuff (read super low/depressed/fatalistic, parked on the Sidewalk, you name it) but had come to a point where I was kind of done with all my bullshit. Fastlane really clarified a lot of things and fast - the right book at the right time?

I'm 56, divorced with three sons (fully legal/physical) and have been through a brutal divorce /custody battle (9 years and counting), which cost a lot of money, and psychic energy/emotion. I am an artist, a painter and printmaker, and am employed as a Director of Marketing at a digital marketing/design firm. Which. Is. A. Job. Of. Course.

I've made art all my life but in the Slowlane (the usual lack of encouragement from family, "get a real" job blah blah blah). In my twenties I was in a band (guitar/post-hardcore - we toured, hung out with people who would go on to become famous, released records, it was a blast!) but, again, nothing, other than the intrinsic value, came of it.

I still owe my lawyer a ton of money and, having been laid off during the pandemic, was busy licking my (numerous) wounds, singing woe is me. I had this doomed mindset of always being in debt, never etc etc etc, I don't need to go into the details.

At any rate, Fastlane was a corrective. And, despite the fact I won't be rich in my twenties, now's the time to get going. If not now, when, right? Planning on hitting significant funds (I'm not even close as of yet) in two years so I can quit the job, get my kids in and through college (not to get a job! I am forcing them to read Fastlane!!!) and live the life I was meant to live.

Thanks, @MJ DeMarco , like I said, the right book at the right time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
At any rate, Fastlane was a corrective. And, despite the fact I won't be rich in my twenties, now's the time to get going. If not now, when, right? Planning on hitting significant funds (I'm not even close as of yet) in two years so I can quit the job, get my kids in and through college (not to get a job! I am forcing them to read Fastlane!!!) and live the life I was meant to live.

Planning om hitting significant funds (event).

Really curious about your coming process and begin committed :)

Welcome to the forum!

mstevenson

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Feb 4, 2023
Planning om hitting significant funds (event).

Really curious about your coming process and begin committed :)

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks!

YouTube channel, online courses (drawing, visual thinking, creativity), live cohort based classes of the same and actual art sales (online and off).

I am really good at marketing but hate doing it for myself. That changes this year as well...

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Thanks!

YouTube channel, online courses (drawing, visual thinking, creativity), live cohort based classes of the same and actual art sales (online and off).

I am really good at marketing but hate doing it for myself. That changes this year as well...
You’re your own best brand!
Good that this changes now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TeeJay_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 4, 2023
I am sure you could do live streams of yourself painting, playing music, etc, and people would watch it.
Do you like to teach and coach? Younger people would love to hear about digital marketing, the evolution of technology and marketing tactics throughout the last 20 years, (examples of failures, examples of successes, etc).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...