What's new

Hello Fastlaners

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

mjb234

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Sep 18, 2018
Messages
31
Rep Bank
$420
User Power: 239%
I'm a 26-year-old who just spent the last three years teaching English in Spain. After graduating college in 2014, I decided to forgo the typical job route and move to Spain. The main thing that fueled my move was the desire to avoid a typical life of working a 9 to 5 job and hoping to slowly advance up the corporate ladder. I looked around at the lives that my family and all of their friends led and it really depressed me. Even though I knew quite a few people that had good jobs and lived a pretty cushy lifestyle, none of them had the kind of freedom I was searching for. They were all tied to their houses, their cars, and most importantly, their jobs. And I was constantly told by them just how important it was that I converted my expensive degree into a high-paying job so I could "live a comfortable life". Anyways, I moved to Spain primarily because I saw escaping to a foreign country as the only viable way to avoid what I now know is a slowlane life.

Upon returning to the U.S. four months ago (living broke in Spain started to lose its charm and student loans and other looming responsibilities awaited me at home), I was faced with the long-dreaded job search. As I slogged through the standard online applications for jobs that I wasn't the slightest bit interested in, hating every single minute of it, it occurred to me that this whole job thing might not be for me. I started to think of ways I could make money without having to answer to any boss or 9-5 schedule. Then while watching a Gary Vaynerchuk video on youtube I learned about flipping things on Ebay for a profit. I decided to give it a shot, but discovered it was a lot harder than it appeared, and I can now see that what was driving my efforts was a desire to make money, not offer any actual value to anybody. But it did plant the idea of entrepreneurship in my mind.

About a week ago I heard about "The Millionaire Fastlane " on a blog I follow and decided to give it a shot. Holy shit was my mind blown. I saw that my whole way of thinking about money and work was completely backward. Sure, I had dreams of making millions and living an extraordinary life, but I always "knew" that those were just dreams. At most I would make a pretty decent living, and with the help of a lot of spirituality and some lowered expectations, live a contented life. Now I see that the life I've dreamt of can actually be achieved, as long as I'm willing to commit to a different way of living.

I'm happy to join this community and I'm ready to turn this excitement into action.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Vjeplt gus tjesoph zuas tvusz epf ximduni!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom