• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

INTRO Hello, fastlaners..... This is my introduction

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Guest6xt1, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Guest6xt1

Guest6xt1 Guest

Rep Bank:
    $
    Hello

My name is Dan Medan, and I'm living in New Zealand.

I founded my successful commercial (company) law practice at the age of 27. Now I'm 31 and since moving to NZ I've been trading my time for money and I am not satisfied by this. I was very good in what I was doing, but there was little to keep me interested further. I invested the money I made from it (just more than 400k) in stocks (because I didn't have any better idea to spend the money on), and that will give me a promising return.

One thing that I enjoyed while working as a legal counsellor for companies was that it gave me a chance to see how their owners and managers did their business, especially those companies who are engaged in manufacturing processes. I learned a lot from this, and it is one reason I am interested in getting more involved in the manufacturing industry.

The dilemma I'm having now is if I will be successful if I buy a small or medium size manufacturing company and be able to make it grow into a bigger company or if I should continue my consultancy business on a greater scale.

My biggest natural gift that helped me to acquire many clients is my ability to build firm relationships with my customers. My managerial skills to make a strong and competitive manufacturing company have not been tested before, so I cannot predict how successful I will be if I leave my current service industry and join the manufacturing world.

I'm sure there will be entrepreneurs who are related to the manufacturing business here that could help me with some insights from their experience.

I know manufacturing is a broad business arena, but I can use any experience-based suggestions to plan my own model.

Thank you guys, and I hope to be a helpful member of the community.

lowtek and Saavik like this.
  2. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $25,653
    Welcome aboard Dan!

I would stick with the consulting for a bit, build the war chest, and when the economy starts to slow down manufacturing companies will probably be on sale.

3. Guest6xt1

Guest6xt1 Guest

Rep Bank:
    $
    Great insight, thanks.

lowtek likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.