- Joined
- Apr 19, 2018
- Messages
- 15
Rep Bank
$220
$220
User Power: 273%
Howdy folks! I'm a 48 year old who spent most of my life being lazy, fat, broke, depressed, and unhealthy in every way. I had ideals instead of plans. I hit bottom more than once.
About a year ago I started to make some positive changes, one at a time. I'm diabetic, so I did a trial and error with different diets until I found the most effective one. For me, it happened to be plant-based. Yes, I miss the hell out of bacon cheeseburgers, but I'd rather keep my feet.
I started gradually distancing myself from toxic people in my life, including going no-contact with my father who is a narcissist slow-laner who thinks becoming an accountant like him is the only path to a good life. He retired at 65 having paid himself first like a good boy, but ended up with bad health and alcoholism and went into a massive depression when he no longer had a purpose (work for retirement). I had a lot of friends who I'd known for 30 years that I got away from because they waste their lives in negativity and hated seeing me change for the better.
I weaned myself off of debating on social media and am now only using it for marketing.
I spent most of my life wondering what the hell to do with my life.
Two months ago I started exercising for 15 minutes every morning. That has had profound changes in my mental clarity, physical energy, confidence, and so many other factors. I think that one decision was one of the most important I've made.
When I realized I could do that, I decided that I was going to upgrade every aspect of my life: physical, mental, emotional, and financial. I read The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck and that was a huge life changer. It taught me how entitled and victimized I was being, and taught me to take responsibility for everything about myself and my life.
I read Rich Dad Poor Dad and it gave me a couple of good core ideas, specifically about knowing the difference between an asset and a liability.
Then I picked up Millionaire Fastlane and it permanently rewired my thinking! I just finished it and I'm finally coming up with ideas that I believe are workable and fit CENTS well. I feel invigorated and excited and am already taking action to make things happen. I have a site up, I'm writing like mad, I'm learning SEO, HTML, CSS, jQuery, Swift, and recently switched to Linux Mint because a Windows update destroyed months of writing (my fault for not backing it up, but they proved I can't trust their OS anymore, either).
I know I'm late to the game, but not so late that I can't turn things around. Thank you, MJ, for sharing your knowledge! You're saving my a$$! Or rather, empowering me with the knowledge to save my own! I'm gonna go dig into Unscripted now!
About a year ago I started to make some positive changes, one at a time. I'm diabetic, so I did a trial and error with different diets until I found the most effective one. For me, it happened to be plant-based. Yes, I miss the hell out of bacon cheeseburgers, but I'd rather keep my feet.
I started gradually distancing myself from toxic people in my life, including going no-contact with my father who is a narcissist slow-laner who thinks becoming an accountant like him is the only path to a good life. He retired at 65 having paid himself first like a good boy, but ended up with bad health and alcoholism and went into a massive depression when he no longer had a purpose (work for retirement). I had a lot of friends who I'd known for 30 years that I got away from because they waste their lives in negativity and hated seeing me change for the better.
I weaned myself off of debating on social media and am now only using it for marketing.
I spent most of my life wondering what the hell to do with my life.
Two months ago I started exercising for 15 minutes every morning. That has had profound changes in my mental clarity, physical energy, confidence, and so many other factors. I think that one decision was one of the most important I've made.
When I realized I could do that, I decided that I was going to upgrade every aspect of my life: physical, mental, emotional, and financial. I read The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck and that was a huge life changer. It taught me how entitled and victimized I was being, and taught me to take responsibility for everything about myself and my life.
I read Rich Dad Poor Dad and it gave me a couple of good core ideas, specifically about knowing the difference between an asset and a liability.
Then I picked up Millionaire Fastlane and it permanently rewired my thinking! I just finished it and I'm finally coming up with ideas that I believe are workable and fit CENTS well. I feel invigorated and excited and am already taking action to make things happen. I have a site up, I'm writing like mad, I'm learning SEO, HTML, CSS, jQuery, Swift, and recently switched to Linux Mint because a Windows update destroyed months of writing (my fault for not backing it up, but they proved I can't trust their OS anymore, either).
I know I'm late to the game, but not so late that I can't turn things around. Thank you, MJ, for sharing your knowledge! You're saving my a$$! Or rather, empowering me with the knowledge to save my own! I'm gonna go dig into Unscripted now!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
