The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello everyone

eldelnacho

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Apr 22, 2019
Hello everyone (again)

I just wanted to thank MJ for both books the TMF and UNSCRIPTED , very good reads. So far the only ones who haven't smelled like BS while reading them, and I certainly appreciate that.

A little bit about me, I guess I had my FTE (F this event) around late last year before Christmas, I think I had a few more of those before but so far this one was the tipping point.

I work in the film industry in my country, I've worked in productions for movies, commercials, TV series, you name it. "The movies" were my passion (note that "were" statement), I went to film school, worked my a$$ off studying/working and have been going up the job ladder with ups and downs through the trail for a few years now, seeing "my" work on screen and off screen can be exciting at times but it does get old, and you soon forget about the "movie magic" when you have to wake up at 3:00AM for many days just to get a beautiful sunrise up a magical mountain just to sell a drug to the ignorant audiences or an alcoholic beverage to the unsuspecting youth. You see, I'm part of the SCRIPT's puppets who handles blue pills to the rest, the scenic vacation, the happy youthful moments with beautiful people, the 'problem solver' product, the fast car, etc. Not reflected in the long hours of work, without rest, without sleep, not seeing your family, girlfriend or friends, in hopes that someday you'll "make it big" in the industry, in "the movies". Now I don't even want to see the latest Avengers movie and probably never will, nor can I stand 10 minutes of any series or movie (unless it is something completely amazing, which I rarely find nowadays since I changed my entire perspective)... I don't see stories anymore, I see pain, tears, sometimes even blood, when there is a scene shot through the night all I see is "SCENE 23. STREET. EXTERIOR - NIGHT".

Countless of complaints have been made in my line of work all around the world - overworked crews, no sleep and accidents are very common, but that is another story.

Keeping this job is very challenging if you also want to get into relationships, most people I know in film production have broken marriages, divorced, etc. People usually are restricted to date each other in their same line of work and my philosophy is "don't shit where you eat".

Broken hearts tend to be a good enough reason to change and last year I got mine broken twice, one by a long time girlfriend which I had to end to varying issues (ended up being long distance) and a second time, right before Christmas, by another girlfriend who probably decided that my lifestyle was incompatible with hers. In both cases, my job was a key component to this misfortune. For as much I want I can't love my job anymore, not as I did anyway, I can't stand TV, I can't stand movies or music videos or "entertainment" for that matter. Seeing the fake make up, all the stuff that we do to build these fake realities can be too much sometimes (Did you know that a good chunk of the commercials that you see in the U.S. are shot in South America? Or Europe? those american houses that you see might not be american at all).

So as of the beginning of this year I decided that I would change myself completely, new physique, new money, new everything. I want to be rich enough to do whatever I want, to date whoever I deserve without the inconvenience of time, to celebrate brithday parties, vacations and all the good stuff we've been promised in these stupid commercials. I began to study, to work on myself, to read... That's how I ended up reading MJ's books, that's how I ended up here.

Have a great week people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...