What's new

Hello everyone

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

eldelnacho

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Apr 22, 2019
Messages
13
Rep Bank
$235
User Power: 146%
Hello everyone (again)

I just wanted to thank MJ for both books the TMF and UNSCRIPTED , very good reads. So far the only ones who haven't smelled like BS while reading them, and I certainly appreciate that.

A little bit about me, I guess I had my FTE (F this event) around late last year before Christmas, I think I had a few more of those before but so far this one was the tipping point.

I work in the film industry in my country, I've worked in productions for movies, commercials, TV series, you name it. "The movies" were my passion (note that "were" statement), I went to film school, worked my a$$ off studying/working and have been going up the job ladder with ups and downs through the trail for a few years now, seeing "my" work on screen and off screen can be exciting at times but it does get old, and you soon forget about the "movie magic" when you have to wake up at 3:00AM for many days just to get a beautiful sunrise up a magical mountain just to sell a drug to the ignorant audiences or an alcoholic beverage to the unsuspecting youth. You see, I'm part of the SCRIPT's puppets who handles blue pills to the rest, the scenic vacation, the happy youthful moments with beautiful people, the 'problem solver' product, the fast car, etc. Not reflected in the long hours of work, without rest, without sleep, not seeing your family, girlfriend or friends, in hopes that someday you'll "make it big" in the industry, in "the movies". Now I don't even want to see the latest Avengers movie and probably never will, nor can I stand 10 minutes of any series or movie (unless it is something completely amazing, which I rarely find nowadays since I changed my entire perspective)... I don't see stories anymore, I see pain, tears, sometimes even blood, when there is a scene shot through the night all I see is "SCENE 23. STREET. EXTERIOR - NIGHT".

Countless of complaints have been made in my line of work all around the world - overworked crews, no sleep and accidents are very common, but that is another story.

Keeping this job is very challenging if you also want to get into relationships, most people I know in film production have broken marriages, divorced, etc. People usually are restricted to date each other in their same line of work and my philosophy is "don't shit where you eat".

Broken hearts tend to be a good enough reason to change and last year I got mine broken twice, one by a long time girlfriend which I had to end to varying issues (ended up being long distance) and a second time, right before Christmas, by another girlfriend who probably decided that my lifestyle was incompatible with hers. In both cases, my job was a key component to this misfortune. For as much I want I can't love my job anymore, not as I did anyway, I can't stand TV, I can't stand movies or music videos or "entertainment" for that matter. Seeing the fake make up, all the stuff that we do to build these fake realities can be too much sometimes (Did you know that a good chunk of the commercials that you see in the U.S. are shot in South America? Or Europe? those american houses that you see might not be american at all).

So as of the beginning of this year I decided that I would change myself completely, new physique, new money, new everything. I want to be rich enough to do whatever I want, to date whoever I deserve without the inconvenience of time, to celebrate brithday parties, vacations and all the good stuff we've been promised in these stupid commercials. I began to study, to work on myself, to read... That's how I ended up reading MJ's books, that's how I ended up here.

Have a great week people.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom