The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello everyone :)

Alex89

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Oct 30, 2012
Hello everyone,
I am 23 years old and although I have read other books on similar topic, this was THE book.

I have recently finished attending university and I don't consider it lost time, because I got some valuable experiences, but crap education. The department I attended was statistics and probabilities and although it had some great concepts, they were lost in the sea of technical mathematics.

I have like 6 months or so, since I totally gave up the option to go get a Master, a job and all this stuff. I live in Greece and there is plenty of proof around that the slowlane model is the worst possible. I believe it is worse than sidewalking. I remember this country before crisis. Everything "seemed" to go pretty cool, a lot of people seemed to be in the middle-class, there were money around, people were working and getting paid 4-5 figures in salaries and all SEEMED good. Then recession proved that things we didn't consider like getting laid off, market crashing, jobs going obsolete (let's not forget the spending more than you earn principle) and pretty much everything that MJ mentions in his book, happened and proved the system for what it is. Pure manipulation. Anyway, I don't like working for a salary instead of at least a commission.

So, now I am focusing on Internet Marketing because I liked it and at the moment I am educating myself. I have earned a small active income as a freelancer (just to know that I can if needed) and a ridiculously small passive income from ads. Principles are good, but numbers need some zeros! I am confident that soon I will be able to life these numbers. Nothing to show off, really....

I am glad to be here! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

joshbailey1992

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 30, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
yep, we cannot count on a single thing we've come to expect out of life...which is good and bad

good in the sense that no more time needs to be wasted on false hopes and we can get down to business

bad in the sense that uncertainty can wreak havoc on your emotions

I make some extra cash via a micro forex trading account with FXCM. great for bootstrapping. Financial market trading can be just as difficult as start up entrepreneurship. different issues entirely, luckily! (I'm not a great marketer for instance. no marketing worries in the stock market though!)

I view my investments as a form of entrepreneurship. In finance, "diversification of your portfolio" is key and I try to apply that same concept to my entrepreneurial pursuits. don't get stuck on one idea, always have a plan B, etc.

Keep at the marketing! guys like me are grateful!

onialex1

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 8, 2012
Baltimore MD
Hi Alex. Interestingly we do have the same name. I agree with you completely that things like recession show that the 'safe' way of earning a living isn't necessarily safe. People always talk about how entrepreneurship and going into a business are risky but they always fail to mention that getting a job and working for someone or some big company is a risk itself. You could get fired anytime or your company could go bankrupt. Anyways welcome on board and do have fun.
Cheers

Alex.

Alex89

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Oct 30, 2012
Thanks a lot for the warm welcome guys.
I really appreciate it! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...