The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello everyone, my name is Peter.

longjourney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 16, 2015
Germany
Hello everyone, I´m Peter from Germany.

Let me tell you something about myself. I studied computer science and since then I have been working as a software developer. My job is good, my salary is satisfactory. And most importantly, I´m allowed to stay right inside my comfort zone. In the last couple of years at work, there were opportunities for growth, for getting more responsibility and earning more money. But since I would have to leave my comfort zone, I ignored them all. My life is a little boring, but so cozy. I have to change! Soon!

My dream is to be free, one day. I´m a traveler. My nickname is "longjourney" because I want to visit every country in the world. That´s a very long journey. It takes money and time. Especially time. Here in Germany, I have 6 weeks of vacation per year. I know that´s a lot. But not enough to travel the world.

In order to achieve this dream, I´ll have to change. I´ll have to grow. I´ll have to learn. I´ll have to become independent from my job. I would like to start a small business on the side. I have spare time after work and on weekends and I do not want to waste it anymore. I want to make good use of it. I would like to start slowly. Flip stuff on Ebay, build an online shop or develop an App. Offer some valuable online service or find other ways to improve people´s lives and earn money. It sounds like fun.

I´m 35 years old. Why haven´t I started a business yet? Because its hard. It happened to me many times. I read some inspirational book like 4HWW, read some inspirational blog or find some inspirational community like this one. I get motivated. I start to scratch the surface and then I realize how hard it is.

It must be hard. If it was not, everybody would be successful. But still, it scares me to spend hundreds of hours of my time without knowing whether what I do will bring me to the place I want to be. But I know that I have to start. To learn. To review. To improve. Until I´ll arrive at my destination.

Well, I have been reading here for hours, reading until my mind exploded. This community is awesome. Its inspiring and there is so much experience, knowledge and helpfulness. Thanks to all the members giving so much strong advice! I hope I can pay back someday.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Now go 'do' something.

Make a call. Create a sale. Post an ad. Get some inventory. Create value.

Getting over the 'but, what if????' stage is the key to leaving the herd....

longjourney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 16, 2015
Germany
Now go 'do' something.

Make a call. Create a sale. Post an ad. Get some inventory. Create value.

Getting over the 'but, what if????' stage is the key to leaving the herd....

I´m taking action.

Found a product with little competition on Amazon and Ebay. Currently I´m contacting suppliers in China. This is the right way to go. Find a need, buy some product, sell it. I doubt I will make money with this one.

But I know it will be fun. And I will gain experience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...