The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello everyone, my introduction

Clairvoyance1991

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Aug 24, 2017
Bosnia and Herzegovina
This will be a long one but if you have the patience to read it all, leave a comment or talk / ask anything I'll gladly talk to you,even in private as my real life friends live and want to live the slow lane.

I just joined and I'm a 26 year old coming from the 5th poorest country in Europe, namely Bosnia and Herzegovina.(I am already playing a victim here and that's why I joined, to change that).

I'm currently reading The Millionaire Fast Lane book, I am currently at around 1/5 of the book and I must say I've known 99% of what is said in this book as I have read it somewhere else one way or another.

The average MONTHLY salary in Bosnia is 375 Euro which is around 450 USD. The standard is pretty low so the prices of things are low as well.

I still live with my parent in a whole floor above them, we have a big house as my family is what I would say Upper Middle Class. Both of my parents are in their 50's and basically now is the the time that they can afford stuff. I don't want to wait that long.

I am currently unemployed (on paper), Bosnia has around 60-65% youth unemployment so the way I started taking charge of my life was venturing into digital marketing (FB marketing) of my family's business (local clothing store, three of them to be exact, all in our city).

This proved to be an instant success as I did some good targeting and managed to get
$0.001 Cost per Post Engagement. I share the profits with my mother and I have an above average monthly salary.

My second income, which was actually my first money made online was working as a Consultant for a android game maker. It's Consultant on paper but I'm actually translating the game into Bosnian. The company was looking for Turkish, Arabic, German and Portuguese native speakers on Facebook but I decided to write in a comment : "Message me when you need a native Bosnian speaker, I can also translate to Croatian and Serbian". They messaged me that same night.

As there aren't many players on that game from Bosnia and they don't generate almost any income they said they couldn't pay me like the normal translators, I said it was OK and they offered 100$ a month which I accepted.

I know you guys will say 100$ a month? Are you crazy? That's so low. This was my thought process:

Once I translate everything (which they gave me 6 weeks to do so, I did it in 2 weeks), they WILL NEED ME. Any new update, anything new,they will want to have that language updated as well and they will have to pay me. They are a small team with the game having around 40 000 active players at the end of 2016, I don't know the right numbers now so they won't be updating often but they will pay me. I've also translated the game into Serbian and Croatian, so I'm holding 3 languages for them, only for 100$ a month. I've been thinking to ask them for a raise but then I read an article where Elon Musks personal assistant asked for a big raise after working for him 12 years, and he told her she can go on payed leave for 14 days. If in 14 days he realizes he can't work without her, he will give her the raise. When she came back he told her that he doesn't need her anymore. I decided not to ask for a raise yet as I don't think they profit enough from those 3 countries to actually pay me more so I'll just keep my mouth shut as I still only work about 1 hour monthly for that money.

So that's what happened, I started getting 100$ monthly , sometimes not even translating a single word and I invested that money into Facebook ads. I had amazing returns!

I think I calculated in June that I had gained 18$ for every 1$ spent on facebook ADS but it didn't scale like that when I increased the AD Budget.

When I was 23 I read a lot of self development books, listened to seminars and educated myself.
At 24 years I asked my parents to finance my university, they agreed, I am currently on 2nd year of Faculty of Information Technologies. I didn't feel scared going to UNI this late but when I think of it now 2 years later it might have been a mistake. Most if not all the stuff I can learn alone, online. I don't want to work for somebody else anyway, but I will finish the 3 years of Bachelors just for the sake of it and the knowledge will help me in my passive income, financial freedom pursuit.

So here I am, living a average life, saving most of my money to invest into something. I literally don't own anything except what I have in my bank account which is scary. I joined here to find like minded people which I don't have in real life or they don't want to listen to me when I start talking about financial freedom, being location/time limited and things. Every single one of my friends in the slow lane and/or is pursuing to be in one. I feel lonely very often in that regard and the gossip/car/sport conversations very often annoy me as it's always the same, for the last 10 years it's all the same. There is no progress.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...